Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,445 members, 7,833,565 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau (3626 Views)

Tinubu Receives Briefing In France Ahead Of Paris Summit (Video/Photos) / Video As Buhari Receives Briefing On Coronavirus From Health Minister & DG NCDC / Buhari Receives Briefing From Osagie Ehanire And Chikwe Ihekweazu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2022
PRESIDENT BUHARI RECEIVES BRIEFING ON SITUATION IN GUINEA-BISSAU, AFTER COUP ATTEMPT

President Muhammadu Buhari Sunday morning got a comprehensive briefing on the coup attempt to oust President Umaru Sissoco Embalo of Guinea-Bissau, but which was aborted by loyalist forces.

On the sidelines of the African Union Summit of Heads of State and Government holding in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, the Nigerian President met with Senior Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Guinea-Bissau, Suzi Barbosa, who gave graphic presentation of the attempt to overthrow the constitutional order in her country.

“They attempted to kill President Embalo. They destroyed the presidential palace with bazookas, killed 11 young people. It took about five hours to restore order. It was a nightmare ,” she said.

President Buhari pledged to consult with other ECOWAS leaders on how full normalcy could be restored to the embattled country at the shortest possible time.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media and Publicity)
February 6, 2022

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1513369272379504&id=100011193364134&sfnsn=scwspwa

Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
his house is burning;,but helping others to over come theirs.. its well

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Haryour12(m): 6:11am On Feb 07, 2022
Wetin concern am
He wan send NA go there abi wetin b him own

Guinea complain for u abi dem swear for this baba ni
As if he had any power to stop d sh*t
He dey even do pass ECOWAS this days

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by fredoooooo: 6:11am On Feb 07, 2022
Welldone Baba Buhari
Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Help2020: 6:14am On Feb 07, 2022
Hisbah21:
his house is burning;,but helping others to over come theirs.. its well
Despite the challenges in Nigeria most African countries still wish they are like Nigeria. You can't say because we have challenges will should not play the big brother role I'm Africa. I'm not a fan of buhari though, but I love my country.

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Henon: 6:15am On Feb 07, 2022
Mumu man! Olodo presido! The worst that happened to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by adecz: 6:18am On Feb 07, 2022
But he is not interested in getting
security situation reports from Katsina,
Kaduna, Plateau, Zamfara or Maiduguri❗️❌❌

He believes that governors should
bear those headaches.

But the WAEC dropout believes security
situations in other countries na him
headache.. ☹️☹️☹️

One Chance government❗️❗️❌❌☹️☹️

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by TClassique: 6:18am On Feb 07, 2022
UN has to do something more efficacious asides sanctions about Generals who take power and then seek to foist their own style of tyranny.
Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by naturallysimple(m): 6:21am On Feb 07, 2022
Some people here just talk for space booking sake, so because Nigeria has issue now, we should not extend hand or sympathize with other countries expecially those that look up to us as big brother
Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Kennyfancy(m): 6:24am On Feb 07, 2022
As if he has solutions to his own personal problem
Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Itohanmiwa: 6:24am On Feb 07, 2022
The most powerful leader in Africa. A well respected and feared man worldwide. Even Twitter sef confirm am. Please sir listen to their reports and help return normalcy back to their country. God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Abetterperson: 6:36am On Feb 07, 2022
Help2020:

Despite the challenges in Nigeria most African countries still wish they are like Nigeria. You can't say because we have challenges will should not play the big brother role I'm Africa. I'm not a fan of buhari though, but I love my country.

Let's not deceive ourself no country wants to be like Nigeria, we have no security, a crashing economy, bad infrastructure, bad health care, poor education, no freedom of speech and worst of all a corrupt government.
It's pains me when I see other countries that has little resources compare to Nigeria already progressing.
I blame Nigerians though, an average cares more about what will be his next meal than what's his future will be like.
there is a retired policeman in my area, after his retirement that's when it dawn on him that police brutality is real, why must it always be like that.
Let's not deceive ourselves Nigeria nor be country were person one come. Togo is even better than Nigeria
Instead of deceiving ourselves why don't we try and fix the problem

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Gee64: 6:40am On Feb 07, 2022
A fortune teller that can't foresee his own calamity.
Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by wolesmile(m): 6:54am On Feb 07, 2022
Z
Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by aikyg(m): 7:24am On Feb 07, 2022
Every sensible president should be monitoring the events in Guinea Bissau.
Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Help2020: 7:30am On Feb 07, 2022
Abetterperson:

[s]Let's not deceive ourself no country wants to be like Nigeria, we have no security, a crashing economy, bad infrastructure, bad health care, poor education, no freedom of speech and worst of all a corrupt government.
It's pains me when I see other countries that has little resources compare to Nigeria already progressing.
I blame Nigerians though, an average cares more about what will be his next meal than what's his future will be like.
there is a retired policeman in my area, after his retirement that's when it dawn on him that police brutality is real, why must it always be like that.
Let's not deceive ourselves Nigeria nor be country were person one come. Togo is even better than Nigeria
Instead of deceiving ourselves why don't we try and fix the problem[/s]
Nan u dey deceive yourself non be me and you. If you have never crossed border you should shut up.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Parrot69: 7:41am On Feb 07, 2022
Lol! U dey mind that foôl?
I’m not sure if he has seen airport talkless of having a passport.
There’s a way poverty makes you feel, you think everyone is in your category.

Those countries he mentioned ie;Togo is a country that send Tankers to smuggle petrol from Nigeria. He should inquire how much is petrol in Lomé compared to any city in Nig.
Useless & Ungrateful Lots!
Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Highways: 8:14am On Feb 07, 2022
angry angry angry. Where he wan start
Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 07, 2022
Help2020:

big brother abi?
Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by DDNGNG: 11:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
Help2020:

Don't mind those kids. This is the main reason I am in support of social media regulation bill.

To shut some kids up from spewing trash about the country.

Nigeria is not the worse country in the world. There are other countries that are more terrible than Nigeria but, you wouldn't see their citizens bad mouthing the country like Nigerians.

There are the ones tarnishing the image of the country, dicouraging investors from coming in to invest, they're still the ones complaining of hunger and poor economy.

Buhari/APC are not trying but, we as citizens have a role to play also.
Re: President Buhari Receives Briefing On Situation In Guinea-Bissau by Okoroawusa: 12:33am On Feb 08, 2022
I Love PMB

(1) (Reply)

Why Bianca Slapped Osodieme / Abia Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Commissioned a Nightclub in Aba (pic) / Arewa Twitter Blasts Bashir Ahmad For Asking Nigerians To Vote Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.