Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits (5179 Views)

Reps 2023: Hon Sir Ndubueze Ezeani, Who The Cap Fits / 2023 Presidency: Anyim Pius Anyim Declares Interest / 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by AnonPoet: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2022
Last weekend a longtime friend and I had a rendezvous to share drinks, discuss about business, life and most certainly banter.Topic after topic, we eventually got to discuss the Nigerianpolitical sphere and the 2023 elections – with emphasis on who and who are the most ‘qualified’ to lead this nation of ours. My friend holds the view that for justice and equity, the next president of Nigeria should emerge from the Southern part of the country, since the current President is of Northern origin. He further stated that political parties should give priority to those from the South East since they remain the only region in Southern Nigeria that hasn’t produced a President in this current democratic dispensation.

Despite rooting for the South East, my friend expressedreservation about the ability of the South East to maintain a united front in producing a candidate that possesses the political clout and pedigree that is of national appeal – in view of the constitutional requirement of certain percentage of national votes across states needed in order to win a presidential election. This observation made me to reflect on the possible personsfrom the South East whose presidential candidacy can allay the fear of my friend and others in his school of thought. I carefully began to access the profiles of the various Presidential hopefuls from the zone and their acceptance outside the region and went ahead to ask my friend what he thought about Senator AnyimPius Anyim’s chances.

Born in Ishiagu, Ivo LGA of Ebonyi State, on February 19, 1961to a modest family, Senator Anyim obtained his Bachelor of Laws Degree from Imo State University and was subsequently called to the Nigerian Bar in 1989. The need for continuous personal development spurred the young lawyer to embark on a post graduate study at the University of Jos, thereby obtaining a Master of Laws Degree in 1996. He has also had a stint in private legal practice.

Although Anyim had held several public leadership positions prior to 1999, these were not in elective capacity. His first shot at elective political office was his election as a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria at the age of 37. While representing Ebonyi South Senatorial District, the distinguished senator did not allow his youthfulness to serve as a hindrance to his political advancement, as he would later by unanimous decision of his colleagues, emerge as the Senate President on August, 10, 2000.The unanimous support of the Senate, which is representative of the various constituencies that make up the Nigerian federation, is a testament of the national appeal and acceptance which the distinguished senator possesses even as an individual who was fairly new to the political space.

The hallmark of leadership sagacity of the senator was evident from his ability to manage a highly polarized Senate that saw three leaderships emerge within a single dispensation. The distinguished Senator Anyim was able to bring his leadership skill to bear by galvanizing the divers interest in the Senate thusallying the fears of perceived marginalized groups. Despite spending less than three years at the helm of affairs as Senate President, the Senate was still able to create landmark legislations such as: Niger Delta Development Commission(NDDC) Establishment Act; Onshore/Offshore Dichotomy Act;Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act; Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Act, etc.

Although, the distinguished senator did not seek elective political office after he left the senate, he still remained a party faithful of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Even when the party’s decision to settle for a consensus arrangement for PDP Chairmanship in 2007 wasn’t in his favour, he remained a commited party man in an era where it is fashionable for politicians to defect from one party to another – depicting him as a statesman who is politically stable. Perhaps, this may be one of the factors which influenced his consideration and appointment as the first non-career civil servant to be appointed as Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) by the President Goodluck Jonathan in May 2011.

Apart from his dutiful performance of the functions of his office as SGF, Senator Anyim gave stellar administrative support and was instrumental to most of the landmark achievements of the Jonathan administration. He was the administrative coordinator of the Justice Belgore chaired National Constitutional Conference in 2014. Sen. Anyim was in charge of the Presidential Committee of the national centenary celebration that same year. The Transformation Agenda of the administration was coordinated by the office of the SGF. In recognition of the need for transparency and self-appraisal in government, the Senator formulated and implemented the trailblazing mid-term report which highlighted the activities of the administration.

Outside political positions, Senator Anyim has also demonstrated his selfless and humanitarian disposition through the establishment of the Senator Anyim Pius Anyim Service Library Ltd/Gte, a testament of the Senator’s desire for educational advancements, youth mentorship and human capital development. As a trustee of the Chioma Anyim Foundationfounded in 2008, Senator Anyim has been able to make funds available for young persons who are in need of scholarship,personal needs, health needs, housing needs and capital support for business start-ups. They also provide welfare support for elderly people aa well as other vulnerable categories of persons.There is no doubt that this social welfare disposition of the distinguished Senator would get even better replication at theNational level upon his emergence as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Nigeria is in dire need of this form of leadership, given the rising rate of vices and decadence amongst Nigerian youths of late and the growing need for better living conditions in the country.

Having considered the rich profile of Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, the conclusion of the matter to me (and certainly a lot of other Nigerias), is that the cap fits Senator Anyim Pius Anyim.
https://leaders.ng/2023-presidency-anyim-whom-the-cap-fits/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by emmykk(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2022
In a just and fair nation the igbo should be given the presidency to stop their marginalization cry, especially as their zone is yet to produce the president of Nigeria since 1999. It will solve many problem.

But no...in the greedy world of politics brother kill brother.

What I know is that injustice not corrected will create another problem in the future.

If the North East join other part of the north to produce a south west president in 2023,they should no that in 2030 a north west will also want to get the presidency even as buhari is from North west..

Invariably the fate of the north east will soon be like that of the south east.

13 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by bestman09(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2022
shocked

Packaging and repackaging of politicians continue.

Alexreporters will be negotiating with the person that will pay most now.

BTW, Anyim Pius is eminently qualified to be the president of Nigeria but can he?

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by ThierryJay: 8:57am On Feb 07, 2022
Lol, this has Alexreports hand written all over it again. Like Olawepo Hashim & Maduka, like Anyim grin

Baba don see another underdoggest cash cow grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by Curious346: 8:57am On Feb 07, 2022
Cool.

I am. Igbo from anambra.

This is my pecking order

(1) osibanjo
(2) amaechi
(3) umahi.

Northern candidates are barred
Any Muslim candidate from any tribe is barred.

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by Super1759: 8:58am On Feb 07, 2022
T
Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by Ournolly: 8:58am On Feb 07, 2022
Dude always hiring newspaper columnists to write long notes for him.
Surly campaigning for caps, not presidency.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by chukwuibuipob: 8:58am On Feb 07, 2022
sad Unfit CAP
.we DNT want a pHAT snoring man
Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by athaboi(f): 8:58am On Feb 07, 2022
Abeg they should do primary make we hear word for this thieves

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by oyaskii(m): 8:58am On Feb 07, 2022
Make everybody kuku contest na.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by MOVIC6: 8:59am On Feb 07, 2022
Recycled old thieves

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by iamwhys(m): 9:00am On Feb 07, 2022
Anyim! The one cap unfit

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by Horbar1: 9:00am On Feb 07, 2022
Noted. Let's see how it goes.

Meanwhile, we're still in the business of selling quality day old chicks from reputable hatcheries across the country at affordable prices.

Check my signature
Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by lonecatt(m): 9:01am On Feb 07, 2022
Good to go
Igbo presidency is attainable

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by Parrot69: 9:02am On Feb 07, 2022
He has my vote!
I wouldn’t think twice.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by leisuretym: 9:03am On Feb 07, 2022
This man enjoyed tax payers money for years , I think he was the senate president for 8 years, I thought he was sick or relocated abroad because ever since he left office, I never heard from him, he was muted during endsars, in the fight against terrorism and other national issue, but has now suddenly jump out if his hiding hole to come and contest for the position of the president.

This is typical example of what we called “ anywhere belle face” he should pay attention to his pot belly

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by RandyOku: 9:04am On Feb 07, 2022
THE CAP doesn't Fit him...

A former RUBBER STAMP SENATOR?

Go to his constituency and see for yourself..

Assuming it's EKWEREMADU, it would have bn better because EKWEREMADU have served his constituency ALL his LIFE and that's why his CONSTITUENCY massively returns him back to the SENATE uncontested every TENURE.

For now, the ONLY CREDIBLE CANDIDATE from SE for PRESIDENT is PETER OBI Aka the slayer of Tinubu and APC rigging machinegrin

On PETER OBI we stand!

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by chamboy(m): 9:05am On Feb 07, 2022
All the igbos have seen sofar running for Presidency are just classless.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by humberjade: 9:07am On Feb 07, 2022
Hmm

This man that used to sleep off at major occasions as SGF under GEJ...how will he cope with the tedious activities of a President?

Abeg Baba Anyim, go and sleep at home biko.

All these old and unhealthy men should go and rest at home abegi...Nigeria is too stagnated and sick to be led by an unfit fellow.

Funny enough, his team has gone to take down all his sleeping pictures from the Internet...interesting! cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by sukkot: 9:10am On Feb 07, 2022
my nigga pius
Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by biglizzy: 9:15am On Feb 07, 2022
We go follow you dey go oooo

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by Datikwerreboi(m): 9:33am On Feb 07, 2022
Amaechi for APC ticket

Anyim for PDP ticket
Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by Datikwerreboi(m): 9:35am On Feb 07, 2022
chamboy:
[s]All the igbos have seen sofar running for Presidency are just classless[/s].
Lol, says a yeloba miscreant rooting for the most classless ricketty theifnufu smelly mouth drug baron ,ndị ara

Amaechi for APC ticket

Anyim for PDP ticket
Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by Donedeal1(m): 9:48am On Feb 07, 2022
Good PR job.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by 2tpick: 9:57am On Feb 07, 2022
Which cap? Tinubu or Lai mohammed's cap? Well na papa's cap go fit u wella
Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by omenkaLives(m): 9:59am On Feb 07, 2022
cheesy

Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by 2tpick: 9:59am On Feb 07, 2022
humberjade:
Hmm

This man that used to sleep off at major occasions as SGF under GEJ...how will he cope with the tedious activities of a President?

Abeg Baba Anyim, go and sleep at home biko.

All these old and unhealthy men should go and rest at home abegi...Nigeria is too stagnated and sick to be led by an unfit fellow.

Funny enough, his team has gone to take down all his sleeping pictures from the Internet...interesting! cheesy cheesy

God bless you my dear, that is, of u never at any point supported buhari's in both 2015 and 2019
Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by Omeizadean(m): 10:11am On Feb 07, 2022
Is this not the same Anyim that was disgraced out of office as a senate president that year?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits by zoedew: 10:16am On Feb 07, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

AMCON, Capital Oil’s Talks Collapse / Reason(s) Why US Is Scared Of Nigeria / DRAMA: After Denying Northern Gov's Meeting, Lai Mohammed Makes Shocking U-turn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.