Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Facebook: A Special Spy Network - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Facebook: A Special Spy Network (782 Views)

CCTV Best Spy Camera(s) For Sale - Spy Your Environment / 30 Ways Microsoft Spy On You Using Windows 10 And How To Disable Them / By Downloading Windows 10 You Are Allowing Microsoft To Spy On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook: A Special Spy Network by splashbaby(m): 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2011
Facebook and other sites all have built-in methods for U.S. intelligence personnel to snoop on users of the site, Assange claims….”It’s not a matter of serving a subpoena, they have an interface they have developed for U.S. Intelligence to use…the government is getting free reign to spy as it wants without going through the usual legal channels. “Everyone should understand that when they add their friends to Facebook, they are doing free work for United States intelligence agencies,” Assange said.

His girlfriend caught him. Not by checking his phone messages, pockets or credit card bills. Too old school.
Instead, she kept tabs on Michael's whereabouts by sneaking a peek at his Facebook profile -- the latest phenomenon in social networking websites.
Within hours after the 24-year-old drove home another girl from a nightclub, his girlfriend knew about it.
"I once drove this girl home after a night at the club and the next day -- I had no idea she did it -- she posted on my Facebook site: 'I had a great time, thank you for driving me home,'" Michael, a graphic designer, told CTV.ca.
"Before I even knew about it, a couple of hours later, my girlfriend called me and asked 'What the hell's that?'" recounted Michael, who requested that his name be changed.

With more than 19-million registered users, Facebook is the sixth-most trafficked site in the U.S., and has become a growing indulgence among young professionals who use it to keep up with friends, partners and potentials.
Say goodbye to googling. Instead, many are now "facebooking" everybody from old high school enemies to new love interests -- quickly obtaining juicy personal details and personal pictures.
Is there a cute girl from the office you could never find common ground with? Facebook her name, find out her favourite movie from her profile and then, the next time you bump into her in the cafeteria, ask if she's ever seen "The Notebook" and tell her about the part that brought you to tears.
Re: Facebook: A Special Spy Network by sourcetech(m): 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2011
A good warning for all,expecially to married couples who lavishly give out information and even pictures about their families as a show-off.

(1) (Reply)

Problem Formatting My Hardrive / Where To Spray Your Laptop In Abuja / Browsing Packages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.