Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

An African Breaks History;world Best Goalkeeper - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An African Breaks History;world Best Goalkeeper (210 Views)

Best Goalkeeper Of The Tournament / Marcelo Breaks History: Becomes Only Foreign Player With Most Wins / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An African Breaks History;world Best Goalkeeper by Terabytes(f): 10:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
Édouard Osoque Mendy (born 1 March 1992) is a professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Premier League club Chelsea and the Senegal national team. He is widely regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

Although born in France, Mendy opted to represent Senegal - the country of birth of his mother - at international level.

His father is of Guinea-Bissau descent and Mendy did actually represent that country in a friendly match against Portugal in 2016. He declined an invitation to commit to playing for Guinea-Bissau at the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations and later made his debut for Senegal in 2018.

In September 2020, Mendy signed for Premier League side Chelsea for a fee reported of £22 million. In his first season, he immediately broke into the starting line-up, becoming the first African goalkeeper to play for the club's senior team, and kept sixteen clean sheets in the Premier League.

Mendy also equalled the record for the most clean sheets in a UEFA Champions League season with nine, and kept another clean sheet in the final to help Chelsea win their second title. He was also awarded both the UEFA Goalkeeper of the Year and the The Best FIFA Goalkeeper of 2021, becoming the first African goalkeeper in football's history to win the awards.

Re: An African Breaks History;world Best Goalkeeper by DownChelsea(f): 10:59pm On Feb 07, 2022
I have a feeling the OP once believed Eden Hazard was on CR7 and Messi's level.

I cum inpis
Re: An African Breaks History;world Best Goalkeeper by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
i'm not a chelsea fan,but i'm very proud of him, I love Africa and Africans

(1) (Reply)

Every Team That Face Nigeria In The Group Stages Since 2013 Loss In The Final / Brendan Rodgers Speaks On Wilfred Ndidi Playing In The Defence For Leicester Cit / In A Scale Of 1 To 10, How Would You Rate Man United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.