Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,471 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? (1775 Views)

Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 / Captain Ahmed Musa Doing A Bricklayer Job(photos) / Photos: Meet Beautiful Francisca Ordega Who Plays For The Falcons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by Funkymallam(m): 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2011
pls forumist is the player that fantastic or they just want one of my brothers from the north on these teams?
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by DisGuy: 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2011
Na child abuse!!

They will use him and dump him very soon, they guy too is not trying at all, he is doing yes sir like Garba Lawal, very soon he will see their true colours
When he gets injured hope they remember him
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by mikuz(m): 9:18pm On Jun 23, 2011
^
gbam!
you can't be more truthful!
Btw if this dude choose to go the same way mikel,complain go still dey o!
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by Mcleo007(m): 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2011
How old is the dude
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2011
Yes, that good to make the 3 teams.
He's our best 7 at the moment.
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by DisGuy: 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2011
Yes but he is not being 'respected', can you imagine they called him up just to play 2 games during the championship in South Africa, after releasing him to his club in Norway they wanted him to fly back after a crucial match all the way to SA

I don't think they will do that to any other player
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by honeric01(m): 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2011
Because the guy is good and has no real competition at the position he plays.

Secondly because he's just too zealous and always ready to play anytime anyday

And because he's settling pretty well. cheesy
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by semid4lyfe(m): 6:56am On Jun 25, 2011
Dis Guy:

Yes but he is not being 'respected', can you imagine they called him up just to play 2 games during the championship in South Africa, after releasing him to his club in Norway they wanted him to fly back after a crucial match all the way to SA

I don't think they will do that to any other player

Which kain talk be dis sef? It seems people are forgetting Ahmed Musa was first a Flying Eagles player before becoming a Super Eagles player. The coaches are entitled to call him up and he can decline if he wants to. . .

Joel Obi was also in a position to play for the three teams but he put his foot down and said he'd play for only the Super Eagles.

If anything, blame Ahmed Musa for being overzealous and not being able to take a stand. He could easily have refused to be at the AYC but he agreed with the precarious arrangement of the coach & the NFF.

I listened to his interview after the Tanzania game and he said he doesn't have any problem playing for the 3 teams
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by DisGuy: 7:01am On Jun 25, 2011
he is a mallam, any resistance will be met with snobbery in the future with the excuse mallam should be grateful for being included in the first place

I know what I am saying- ask musiwa G. Lawal
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by Syenite(m): 7:40am On Jun 25, 2011
Thers is nothing wrong in him playing for all three teams. Ahmed Musa is 18yrs old ordinarily he should just be in th U-20 team but because our older teams lack power upfront we need a right forward that can bring that sparkly and Ahmed Musa is the best for that position right now.

After-all, players like Oliseh, Amokachi, Okocha, Amuneke, Kanu were already Super Eagles players before they won the Olympics in '96.
Infact if Abacha had not pulled our flying Eagles out of Qatar '95 Kanu would have been in the same position Ahmed Musa is 'cos he was in the U20, U23 and Super Eagles then.

Messi was already a full Senior team player when he played against Siasia's U-20 team in 2005, he still played for the U-20 team in 2007 with Sagio Aguero's set and still featured in the 2008 Olympics this implies that as at 2007 he was in the U20s,U23s and Senior Team!

So please leave Ahmed Musa alone.He is our hottest kid in the block right now.At least he gets his match bonuses, he go soon build house for him papa for Kano. wink

My question is y is Joel Obi not in the U20 or U23 team?
Brown Ideye is 22, Elderson Echiejile is 22, Victor Moses is 22 but they are not being considered for the U-23 team.Y?
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 25, 2011
Great analysis there, Syenite! We should be thankful to him as Nigeria is the better for it. If Joel Obi and co also agree to feature for the junior teams, our team should be world beaters!
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by honeric01(m): 11:33am On Jun 25, 2011
@Syenite

You mean Messi has been in the Argentina senior national team prior to 2005?
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by medjai(m): 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2011
Syenite:

Messi was already a full Senior team player when he played against Siasia's U-20 team in 2005
not true.

he still played for the U-20 team in 2007 with Sagio Aguero's set
again, not true.

Ahmed Musa is a very good player and he has the chance of representing Nigeria at different levels, nothing wrong with that.
Jack Wilshere and Andy Carroll do the same for England.
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by Syenite(m): 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2011
honeric01:

@Syenite

You mean Messi has been in the Argentina senior national team[b] prior to [/b] 2005?

I did not say prio to 2005. Messi joined the Argentine Senior Team in 2005.In 2006 he featured in the Senior World Cup as the youngest Argentine ever to play at the Senior World Cup.
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by DisGuy: 1:03am On Jun 26, 2011
No wonder Many Nigerian players cant play up to the age of 30 at the top level

Just because a player is not complaining, You as a coach or association should use your judgement to calculate the number of games he has played and consider if he will be at his peak

Whatever happen to protecting YOUNG players especially after gruelling season playing for his clubside shuttling in for just 2 games in a tournament

In a country where there are millions of players begging for games, one would expect some sort of rotation. It is not about messi or wiltshire playing for junior teams but the number of games they play at short intervals
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2011
Whatz wrong wiv a talented teenager gerrin involved In all ranks of his country's gamez??
Wilshere - England
Ericksen - Denmark
Ayew - Ghana
Neymar - Brasil
Shaqiri - Switzerland
Lukaku - Belgium
. . .and many more! So whats the fuss bout?
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by DisGuy: 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2011
the fuss is about the frequency with which he is used, calling player to young player to play so many matches in the middle of a season (he is not even settled in to his new club) and for meaningless friendlies

if he were to be playing some leagues the coaches wont even dare, you think any top club will want to buy a player that will be over-used by his home country during off season or mid season even
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2011
'Overused'? Thats what u call it, ever heard that Wilshere was angry for been omitted from partaking in the recent U21? After a Season he almost got featured in every Arsenal game then England's main team! U call it Serving the nation's call
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by DisGuy: 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2011
El Guapo:

'Overused'? Thats what u call it, ever heard that Wilshere was angry for been omitted from partaking in the recent U21? After a Season he almost got featured in every Arsenal game then England's main team! U call it Serving the nation's call

No I didnt hear wilshere was angry, I heard he wouldn't mind- it's one thing when players want to play every game its another thing when Experienced coaches/managers and health professionals encourage them to take a break. At the age of i think 19, playing in different parts of teh world in one season ,flying to SA just to play 2 games out of a champions then being told to travel back immediately after a match- that is foolishness in my opinion anyone that has the guts to tell me that is an incompetent inconsiderate coach- one day you are playing at 30degrees, immediately afterwards you embark on a 12hr flight, to play at 5-10degree, then one coach want you to take another 12hr flight back after the match to play a match on another continent?

Teenage footballers always want to play all games it's up to competent forward looking coaches to ensure they dont just put someone with a name in the squad- they put players that are well rested playing at their optimum

I call it getting used most especially knowing what will happen to you when you get injured or clubless!
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2011
You blame the managers or Admin or Player?? undecided
Re: Ahmed Musa Plays For U21, U23 And Super Eagles, Why? by DisGuy: 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2011
The managers

(1) (Reply)

How To Watch Football Online Free (premier, Spanish,italian League E.t.c) / Exclusive: Manchester United Officials Arrive Spain For Di Maria (pix) / Free Today Matches Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.