Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons (8983 Views)

Fubara: Rivers Assembly Was burnt for Selfish Reasons To Please Somebody / Malami: Buhari Using $311 Million Abacha Loot To Build Second Niger Bridge / Buhari Won't Marry Sadia Umar Farouq - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by hisexcellency34: 8:19am On Feb 08, 2022
The Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), has hinted that the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), may withhold assent from the Electoral Act (Amendment) Bill if it is considered to have proposals based on personal interests.

According to the minister, the bill, which the National Assembly transmitted to the Presidency the second time on Monday last week, just got to him on Monday for legal advice.

Malami made this known while appearing on Politics Today, a current affairs programme on Channels Television which our correspondents monitored on Monday.

Buhari had withheld assent to the first version of the bill last year after consulting the Malami and the Independent National Electoral Commission, among others, on the bill.

When asked if he was satisfied with the amendments made to the bill by the National Assembly after Buhari sent it back to the parliament, Malami said, “In terms of satisfaction, honestly, it is premature for me to conclude, taking into consideration (that) I can admit to you that the electoral bill was only received in my office this afternoon as I was preparing to come over for this engagement with Channels TV.

“So, I have not taken steps to review the content and context of what has been presented for consideration for the President. So, it is premature and pre-emptive for me at this moment, now to arrive at any conclusion, taking into consideration that I have not gone through the document to understand what it contains and then analyse the same in accordance with the constitution and the prevailing laws.”

When asked if he loved democracy and wanted the advancement of the same, being someone who had been involved in political party activities, the minister interjected, “I am working for the advancement of democracy and the democratic system.”
https://punchng.com/buhari-wont-sign-electoral-bill-if-amended-for-selfish-interest-malami/

5 Likes

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by DrGoodman: 8:20am On Feb 08, 2022
Nigeria will never get better, every good legislation is always shot down, only those that supports the killing of people and destruction of the environment gets the attention of these set of power hijackers determined to kill every good suggestion to save Nigeria.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by nairavsdollars(f): 8:21am On Feb 08, 2022
Indirectly saying Buhari still won't sign the bill

26 Likes

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by Aufbauh(m): 8:21am On Feb 08, 2022
It seems PMB will be interested on who succeeds him knowing the kind of Hyenas and Jackals lurking around especially in the opposition.
For the ignoramus, it is pertinent to know that the amended electoral laws won't affects PMB personally as he's not vying for any position in future election. So use your brain & save your groans.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 08, 2022
If it is a loan it will not take per seconds before it is sign and approved.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by MITCHELL96: 8:23am On Feb 08, 2022
The guy above me just said what I wanted to say

You're in the spirit bruhh cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by InoGetJoy: 8:24am On Feb 08, 2022
All lovers of Nigeria should clamour for either a return to regional government or am outright division of the country.
Like it or hate it, that's the only way this country will make progress

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by santopelele(m): 8:25am On Feb 08, 2022
Buhari the pharoah of nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by obembet(f): 8:25am On Feb 08, 2022
Malami is the president.

Buhari is figurehead

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by anigbajumo(m): 8:26am On Feb 08, 2022
The Buhari that I knw will never sign electoral amendment bill. If they sign how will they perfect their rigging strategy?? He will never sign it. Infact, if they amend it 100x Buhari will never sign and the NASS will find it difficult to veto it.

9 Likes

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by israelmao(m): 8:26am On Feb 08, 2022
Who is as selfish,nepotistic and tribal jingoistic as you are and Buhari?

4 Likes

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by 9jaBloke: 8:26am On Feb 08, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Malami is too powerful
One of Nigeria's main problems

1 Like

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by AmazingELixir: 8:26am On Feb 08, 2022
undecided

Malami and Buhari are one thesame.....let's wait and see the reason(s) he will give for not assenting to the amended electoral bill.

4 Likes

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:26am On Feb 08, 2022
Malami is too powerful.He tells Buhari what to sign or not.

3 Likes

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by seunlayi(m): 8:27am On Feb 08, 2022
As much as I was trying to avoid any buharish news, I still found myself on this thread maybe because it relates to election that will help us to flush this people out.

Anyways guys, today is my birthday show me your love

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by Laggafin: 8:27am On Feb 08, 2022
This time if the herder rejects the bill for the upteenth time.. The National Assembly if they truly have large balls and refuse to be ridiculed should simply veto and overide his refusul of assent.. fullstop

1 Like

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by Otuegbe: 8:28am On Feb 08, 2022
Buhari playing on NAS since Adams.
The man have no intention to sign it
Especially when he thinks it will favour tinubu
Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by Truthisunique2: 8:29am On Feb 08, 2022
Buhari have pocketed apc

Pocketed the electoral laws that would favour him

Put his electoral commissioners in charge of inec

And this man get presidency candidate o

2 Likes

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 08, 2022
malami the new abba kyari, your cup go still full

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by muykem: 8:30am On Feb 08, 2022
PMP doesn't have option than to sign the bill this time.

1 Like

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:30am On Feb 08, 2022
U mean for his selfish interests on his successor?
Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by GoldenSpec: 8:30am On Feb 08, 2022
One of the cabal have spoken

1 Like

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by Lanretoye(m): 8:30am On Feb 08, 2022
Prime minister has spoken

3 Likes

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by Phillip2see: 8:30am On Feb 08, 2022
Chief of staff to our President has spoken. Oga malami no wahala
Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by davinci2: 8:30am On Feb 08, 2022
Malam.....i always talking fnv 5ea;hjcs' glrt'oayta9ujt fckdncmzn4l tjfck "A2[4]2qo[xrjdczs,nzdnbfu3aht'3hkfnmbczif5uth834t92uojxrfsn2cc140ikslgmn5t
5[

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by mrvitalis(m): 8:32am On Feb 08, 2022
He signed PIB bill told people to go to the national assembly and amend their concerns

But can't do the same for electoral bill ? ...

3 Likes

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by MOTOPARK: 8:33am On Feb 08, 2022
Buhari killing of Nigeria economy and her citizens since 2015.signing the bills would be almost an impossible action to carry out.
Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by Penguin2: 8:33am On Feb 08, 2022
We were on our way to having a perfect Electoral Act until Tinubu caused his urchins at NASS to insert Direct Primaries as the only option of nominating candidates.

Buhari rightly rejected the idiotic provision and sent it back to them to rework and allow for more options.

They finally bowed to pressure and removed the controversial idiotic provision only to scuttle the whole thing with another idiotic clause that is meant to serve the interest of one man.

Nigerians should hold Tinubu responsible if we don’t have a new Electoral Act for 2023.

Such a greedy man, ready to throw everything under the table as long as his selfish interest is served.

4 Likes

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by onotiemoria(m): 8:34am On Feb 08, 2022
Nice
Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by Military0001: 8:34am On Feb 08, 2022
Painfully malami the dull executive president has spoken, while Buhari is just the clueless ceremonial president. Nigeria really enter one chance for this APC led FG

3 Likes

Re: Malami: Buhari Won't Sign Electoral Bill If Amended For Selfish Reasons by emmykk(m): 8:35am On Feb 08, 2022
T

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jigawa Government Orders Closure Of All Schools Over Insecurity / Obasanjo Feeds Daniel In A ''Ritualistic'' Manner / Breaking News: Five Killed, 10 Injured In Boko Haram Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.