Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,435 members, 7,819,580 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) (38095 Views)

Please How Much Is Fuel Sold In Your Area / NNPC Apologises To Nigerians Over Bad Fuel, Long Queues / Bad Fuel: Queues To Vanish Next Week - Kyari, NNPC, CEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Reference(m): 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2022
omoba2k2:
NNPC compromised in importing pms mixed with sulphur that iis damaging engines, that is why u will experience scarcity until the issue is resolved nationwide. Abuja and lagos should start to see signs today

Careful observers will have noticed this for years now, I mean the last four or five years.
You just cannot top up at a gas station without a noticeable change in your car's performance by either a drag or boost in acceleration and at times in cold/hot ignition and smooth or harsh idling.

I'm sure most will have mistaken it for maintenance issues but I have known it was the differing quality of the gasoline sold.
We really and urgently need to get refining onshore.
These folks in authority are just purchasing whatever they want from wherever they want and with the death of the DPR, no one to check.

2 Likes

Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by gloriaa(f): 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
May God help us.
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Reference(m): 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
SmartPolician:

DPR should be.

Does the DPR still exist under the new PIL?

1 Like

Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Technology14: 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hopefully the issue is resolved soon. Check my profile for your solar flood lights and precise resistivity meter for geophysical survey with a year warranty.
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Bigsteveg(m): 5:20pm On Feb 08, 2022
markpenk:
Yes, the bad fuel is in Ibadan. Bought some last week at an nnpc station and had to change the car's fuel pump on Saturday -- that was when I saw that I'd bought bad fuel (looked like it had been mixed with water, but it still mixed when shaken). And even after changing the pump, the car still struggles to start --no alternator or battery issues as far as I know.

@Egunmogaji2 if your bike has been going off while riding or feels like it's jerking, chances are you bought the bad fuel. My car did the same thing last week.

P.S: Where did you buy the fuel? Mine was from an nnpc station along Akala express if you're familiar with the area. Might save some other person from making the same mistake.

I noticed same as well, engine goes off while in motion. What do you advise in this situation

3 Likes

Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
markpenk:
Yes, the bad fuel is in Ibadan. Bought some last week at an nnpc station and had to change the car's fuel pump on Saturday -- that was when I saw that I'd bought bad fuel (looked like it had been mixed with water, but it still mixed when shaken). And even after changing the pump, the car still struggles to start --no alternator or battery issues as far as I know.

@Egunmogaji2 if your bike has been going off while riding or feels like it's jerking, chances are you bought the bad fuel. My car did the same thing last week.

P.S: Where did you buy the fuel? Mine was from an nnpc station along Akala express if you're familiar with the area. Might save some other person from making the same mistake.

I hope I make it home.

I’ll drain the tank and carburetors in the morning.

Nigeria has occured to me. Again cry

PS: I know that NNPC very well. I bought the suspected fuel at a nimpco?? station near Apata market junction inbound from jankarta.

1 Like

Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by EgunMogaji2: 5:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
BennyDGreat:

Eh wahala

No worries. I have it’s time.

1 Like

Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by markpenk: 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2022
Exactly! Honestly, if I'd known, I'd have just drained the fuel and emptied the tank. But I just changed the fuel pump and it ran properly.

Then, bought some more fuel in the hopes that it would dilute the concentration of the bad fuel (in hindsight, not sure if that was a smart decision angry )

Sadly, the vehicle still struggles to start --takes a while to crank or starts on the second try. cry embarassed. So, I'll just use it like that until the tank is almost empty, then get my mechanic to drain the tank and sort out the fuel system.

However, if our resident automotive engr @Gazzuzz can chime in on what to do, that would be great.

Bigsteveg:

I noticed same as well, engine goes off while in motion. What do you advise in this situation
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by markpenk: 5:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
I'm real sorry to hear that. Nigeria seems to be "occuring" to us all.

EgunMogaji2:

I hope I make it home.

Nigeria has occured to me. Again cry

1 Like

Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by miraclea: 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
This may not be bad fuel iwant to believe the tank is rusty, and it's almost empty that's the colour you get, Lagos state hardly get bad petrol except for some tanker drivers who load water into their tank to prevent fuel leakage on transit the station manager should have done justice to this before it comes to public domain
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by onyxo76(m): 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
this fuel looks so much like chocolate viju milk.
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Angrygoat: 5:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
Na to run go buy diesel engine shaps
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
Angrygoat:
Na to run go buy diesel engine shaps

₦4m

Diesel

Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by ObiaboAdoka(m): 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2022
Dis is a product of kpofire.
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by DrMuzungu(m): 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2022
Is that a fuel coming from Port Harcourt illegal refineries?
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Angrygoat: 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2022
Has it been driven here in naija. is it tokunbo,or like tokunbo,or direct tokunbo ?
GAZZUZZ:

₦4m

Diesel
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by omoba2k2: 6:07pm On Feb 08, 2022
miraclea:
This may not be bad fuel iwant to believe the tank is rusty, and it's almost empty that's the colour you get, Lagos state hardly get bad petrol except for some tanker drivers who load water into their tank to prevent fuel leakage on transit the station manager should have done justice to this before it comes to public domain

It is bad fuel pms mixed with sulphur, it is in the news already, DPR and NNPC at fault
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by funshint(m): 6:12pm On Feb 08, 2022
streetsoldier1:
shebi na dangote get MRS? naija na cruise walahi, we are not ready for good governance
No....Dantata.
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Sijebyte: 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
Bad fuel leading to scarcity of petroleum product

Well I think this is planned

In other news check this out

Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Anndrew(m): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2022
wunmi590:

That bad fuel is not only in Lagos, including abeokuta, wanted to top up my wife car and also help her get fuel for generator, so I quickly noticed it while it was being dispensed in the jerican, I had to tell them to stop.

God will help us
u no land am blow...am sure the fuel attender go look face throway like them no no waiting dey xup
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by kingsceemark(m): 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2022
South Wastee is a dumping ground
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Valuc: 6:53pm On Feb 08, 2022
Rexymania:
The fuel was brought in by NNPC to reduce the prices of fuel in some areas. Wahala for who duh buy am
nnpc that are marketers now import fuel too?
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Rexymania(m): 6:56pm On Feb 08, 2022
There's difference between 'brought' in an "import"

Valuc:
nnpc that are marketers now import fuel too?
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by berrystunn(m): 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
Corruption in high places
APC said they want to continue

Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Valuc: 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2022
Rexymania:
There's difference between 'brought' in an "import"

ok... What's brought in and import pls .. I want to learn
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by yesloaded: 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I hope I make it home.

[b]Nigeria has occured to me. Again[/ cry

Grandpa, this is where we are o grin

1 Like

Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
Nawa o sad
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Shellsploit: 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Hian, Amazing fuel ke in an oil producing country, What a country led by a Philistine zombie living inside Rock Aso and not Aso Rock shocked

grin

1 Like

Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by zumbigbo(m): 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
Tinufuel...looks good, but mashes up everything.
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Bluntemperor: 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
Oritna94:
This country sef. Nobody regulating the quality of petrol sold at these stations?

Those involved should just leave the system by their resignation!
Re: Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) by Rexymania(m): 7:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
Google it, dear

Valuc:
ok... What's brought in and import pls .. I want to learn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun / Bola Tinubu Visits Ibadan (Photos) / We Gave (BRIBE) Lawmakers N17bn To Pass 2015 Budget - Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.