Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,121 members, 7,957,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:46 AM

Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg (71519 Views)

How Much Is The Price Of Egg Roll In Your Area ? / Roasted Baboon: Is It Advisable To Eat This Kind Of Animal? / Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by AnthonyAk(m): 3:26pm On Feb 11, 2022
village man
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by metalgear11(m): 3:26pm On Feb 11, 2022
The same reasons why they like their meats cooked several ways. Preference.

Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by kaymart: 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2022
Karmaisme:

Were you a vulture in your former life?
grin
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by Bashnigga(m): 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2022
Haylel:
I don't think partially cooked (having only the albumen boiled) eggs are a thing in Nigeria. The unwritten rule is to boil the egg till you see a crack in the shell. If e never crack, e never done be that.
Lol, correct...
If e never crack, e never done o

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by jacoik(m): 3:35pm On Feb 11, 2022
Eben91:
I prefer drinking raw eggs, sometimes if I buy 3 eggs that I will fry with noodles, before boiling the noodles I don drink 2 eggs come use only one egg for the noodles grin grin grin grin
you are ready wired
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by jclassiq(m): 3:35pm On Feb 11, 2022
They can confidently eat raw egg because it undergoes quality control tests and they are certified to be okay.

Over here them go even sell rotten egg for you. Nobody cares. Naijiriya Jaga Jaga.
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by HardMirror(m): 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2022
Ilamina:
I didn't go to montessori

I like my egg properly cooked
I heard only razz people like the properly done ones like me

I saw my VM Montessori friend eat this Yama Yama one
I dont like properly done egg and fish. It must not be too cooked. Like my eggs half cooked and yolk running.
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by adecz: 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2022
Na only exposed, enlightened
people like me eat our eggs that way,
'sunny side up' ❗️✌️✌️✌️

⏩ When the yolk is still soft, the protein
& vitamins are intact..☑️☑️☑️

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by OneCandleAway(f): 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2022
Onila you e come again.
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by HardMirror(m): 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2022
Rickmann:

A half done egg yolk is best.
tastes better too
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by olaztek(m): 3:42pm On Feb 11, 2022
I nearly vomited the day I tried this half-cooked egg. Ayama undecided
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by Ifakiland(m): 3:47pm On Feb 11, 2022
Eben91:
I prefer drinking raw eggs, sometimes if I buy 3 eggs that I will fry with noodles, before boiling the noodles I don drink 2 eggs come use only one egg for the noodles grin grin grin grin
Who discharge you from yaba left??
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by Schoolguy9(m): 3:47pm On Feb 11, 2022
Na this thing make me I never travelled abroad. Make person no go chop chicken pikin inside one of these eggs.
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by Springboot: 3:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
That's the way I like my eggs too. Not fully cooked.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by Calicoe: 3:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
Eben91:
Weird nigga
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by faceland: 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2022
1Sharon:

So true. Black ppl in general love things that are cooked all the way.

It's probably cold and soild due to their weather. You won't see an Arab eating half cooked eggs
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by Oldmutual: 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2022
Rickmann:

A half done egg yolk is best.

You don ever chop the one wey them boil inside stew....to ti muta...?
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by Rhaspody(m): 3:55pm On Feb 11, 2022
Eben91:

Until you drink rotten egg by mistake

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by pgmind: 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2022
Eggitarian
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by SandraIkuboR(f): 4:06pm On Feb 11, 2022
I so much hate this kind of half done egg eh

It makes me vomit anytime I see it
Though my boyfriend loves it. Lol
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by Rickmann: 4:08pm On Feb 11, 2022
HardMirror:
tastes better too

Yea
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by jesmond3945: 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2022
nairaman66:

Also all the germs intact!
chop egg fat now.
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by airsaylongcome: 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2022
Haylel:
I don't think partially cooked (having only the albumen boiled) eggs are a thing in Nigeria. The unwritten rule is to boil the egg till you see a crack in the shell. If e never crack, e never done be that.

There are a handful of us here in Nigeria that like them soft boiled. We dey time am as we dey boil am. 5 mins after the egg is boiled we remove am put inside cold water make e cool and separate from that thin thing wey dey line the shell.

I said 5 mins after the water boil o. Not 5 mins after putting the water on fire

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by phemmyfour: 4:20pm On Feb 11, 2022
Ilamina:
I like my egg

Properly cooked
seconded
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by cayorday89(m): 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2022
Eben91:
Don't tell me this is true, I only did that rubbish once in my life when I bought egg and did not specify cooked egg and I was given raw egg to be eaten on the road as a lil kid, I broke it saw what I was given then I just gulped it without thinking twice, the smell afterwards will not let me try such again.
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by cayorday89(m): 4:29pm On Feb 11, 2022
Oldmutual:

You don ever chop the one wey them boil inside stew....to ti muta...?
This one is always sweet and have a hard bouncing texture.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by mfm04622: 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2022
Egg is protein. Subjecting protein to heat for long period denature the protein. That is the nutrients you get from it is reduced.
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by LordErrk: 4:38pm On Feb 11, 2022
Eben91:

You're playing with Salmonella boss. Anyway, people don't die from it all the time, so you're good
Abeg dey try boil your egg well. The nutrients will still be the same, and even get absorbed better, when you boil
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by tujays(m): 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2022
TheWolfen:
I like a properly cooked egg too. I see people who eat poorly cooked eggs as weird. Their choice tho.
But I am quite sure my cooked egg wont contain any germs as it has been properly cooked to kill any kinda microorganisms should it be in egg
The best way to eat eggs is half done as you get most of it's benefits when eating that way. very cooked eggs or fried eggs have lost most of it's key nutrients according to science. I started eating half done eggs when I travelled around the world as that's the usual standard eggs are made and eating. I even mix raw eggs to my oat meal.
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by OvertheTop(m): 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2022
Ilamina:

Sadly, eating excessive Yolk of Egg is dangerous to Health...…Colesterol
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by Eastcaostboy: 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2022
TheWolfen:
I like a properly cooked egg too. I see people who eat poorly cooked eggs as weird. Their choice tho.
But I am quite sure my cooked egg wont contain any germs as it has been properly cooked to kill any kinda microorganisms should it be in egg
How many minutes does it take for well-done boil egg. If you get the right answer I will send 10k to you
Re: Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg by Awise09(m): 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
Ilamina:

Because its retained the Nutrients your body need, well cook egg is just a shaft to enjoy without nutrient.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyinbo Woman Pictured Praying Before Eating Eba & Egusi With A Bottle Of Stout / The Most Dangerous Foods In The World (Graphic Photos) / Man Shows Off What He Got From The Market For N2k (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.