Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Nigerian Man Who Wrote WAEC 7 Times Graduates From University With First Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Man Who Wrote WAEC 7 Times Graduates From University With First Class (374 Views)

First Class Graduate Who Wrote JAMB Six Times, Dies Few Days After NYSC / Man Who Attempted JAMB 8 Times, Graduates With 2nd Class Upper / Adamu Abubakar Rasheed Graduates From University Of Aberdeen UK. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Who Wrote WAEC 7 Times Graduates From University With First Class by Siggynigeria: 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2022
Update from SIGGY .ng

A young Nigerian man identified as Oreofe Odagbodo who wrote West African Examination Council (WAEC), seven times before he passed the requirements to get admission into University came on social media to share his inspirational story, Siggy reports.

Oreofe Odagbodo sat for the West African Senior Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for a record 7 times before he could make the required grade to enroll for a university degree in Nigeria.

He studied Civil Engineering at the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun state and came out tops. Oreofe said he became tired of failure, so he had to work harder.

“I became tired of failure. I took seven separate SSCE exams before obtaining the required five credits for admission into the university but now a First class, Civil Engineering graduate.”

No one could have expected that someone who failed WAEC several times would come out with a first-class. But Oreofe said since he was tired of being backward in the class, he decided to work very hard.

He continued his story: “When I got to school, I sat down and thought about my life. I was tired of being in the back of the class, so I decided to be a serious Christian and an extra diligent student. To God’s honor, I graduated from OOU’s Civil Engineering Department as one of the best students of set 2019/2020, with a CGPA of 4.67. It became a reality because I dreamed it and took intentional steps to make it a reality.”

Source: SIGGY

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Wrote WAEC 7 Times Graduates From University With First Class by doggedfighter(f): 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
God did nothing there.

A total change in his attitude to work did the magic . 'Intentional steps' he said.

Congratulations on this milestone.

May many good things come your way.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Wrote WAEC 7 Times Graduates From University With First Class by Myzubby(m): 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2022
congratulobia nwanne!!!

Courage and persistence pays
Re: Nigerian Man Who Wrote WAEC 7 Times Graduates From University With First Class by RoyalBlu(f): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
Congratulations Mr Oreofe!

..."It became a reality because I dreamed it and took intentional steps to make it a reality.”

That's the keynote.

*Intentional steps. wink
Re: Nigerian Man Who Wrote WAEC 7 Times Graduates From University With First Class by Postgraduatengr: 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2022
Failure is a hard training time if properly managed.

After repeated failure, many other people will say, Education is not their destiny. It's good to push till the point of success

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Wrote WAEC 7 Times Graduates From University With First Class by LordIsaac(m): 8:29am On Feb 09, 2022
doggedfighter:
God did nothing there.

A total change in his attitude to work did the magic . 'Intentional steps' he said.

Congratulations on this milestones.

May many good things come your way.
God did everything. One of which is keeping him alive to write the exams. Others include: protecting the hand he uses to write exams from being cut off in an accident; making his level coordinator compute the right thing without errors as is often the case; not making the academic office to catch fire, amongst other miracles. This is Nigeria....it takes God, and Almighty God indeed, to achieve anything.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Wrote WAEC 7 Times Graduates From University With First Class by JohnnA1: 9:33am On Feb 09, 2022
LordIsaac:

God did everything. One of which is keeping him alive to write the exams. Others include: protecting the hand he uses to write exams from being cut off in an accident; making his level coordinator compute the right thing without errors as is often the case; not making the academic office to catch fire, amongst other miracles. This is Nigeria....it takes God, and Almighty God indeed, to achieve anything.
Adding not to get sick during the exam period. God bringing to remembrance all he read and studied, and even helping him tackle tough questions in the exam in real time. GOD IS WONDERFUL!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Who Wrote WAEC 7 Times Graduates From University With First Class by hopefulLandlord: 10:40am On Feb 09, 2022
LordIsaac:

I'd counter this if it reaches FP
Re: Nigerian Man Who Wrote WAEC 7 Times Graduates From University With First Class by LordIsaac(m): 11:14am On Feb 09, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

It wouldn't matter anyway....God is still beyond our ability to reason. Beyond common sense...beyond logic .... beyond everything!

Re: Nigerian Man Who Wrote WAEC 7 Times Graduates From University With First Class by LordIsaac(m): 11:15am On Feb 09, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

It wouldn't matter anyway....God is still beyond our ability to reason. Beyond common sense...beyond logic .... beyond everything!

(1) (Reply)

TRANSFORMATION OF Laspotech And Aocoed Into Univ And The Opportunities It Offers / How To Identify Grammatical Names And Functions In Wassce English / Jamb Center Disappoints Jambit's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.