Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist (15910 Views)

Oromoni: Black Substance Found In Victim’s Intestine - Pathologist Sunday Soyemi / Autopsy Result Of Sylvester Oromoni Junior Has Been Released (photos) / Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by gbemishile: 5:21am On Feb 09, 2022
At the end
Kemi olulonyo was right after all.
Somehow for Nigerians.
Our brains are ruled by sentiments

9 Likes

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Viruses: 5:26am On Feb 09, 2022
DonTattaglia:

Where is d evidence? It should have been recorded or videoed..
I'm just wondering the source of the names of the seniors in question. I have a strong feeling that they have something to do with the boy that's not right even if it's not the death. Why them out of everybody in the school?
Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Doyou2019: 5:28am On Feb 09, 2022
Brendaniel:
You see one thing I hate about Nigeria, secrecy is too much, something happened to the boy in the school which led to him falling sick and died, why are they not investigating the cause of what led to him falling sick based on events that took place in the school, the boy has friends, till date nobody has heard any testimonies from his friends and other school children in the school, secrecy is too much to be released to the public, there is no way witnesses would not have been in place during such event, but then this is NIGERIA

The same way, herdsmen will attack a village and police arrests the herdsmen, they find out who sent them, secrecy starts:
POLICE- You know the person involved in this case is the brother to the uncle of the inlaw to the sister of the wife of the president, we cannot divulge such information to the public, this is national security issue...

They are released to continue their havoc, This is not national security, this is Nigeria...

Nigeria is a shithole. Alway has been and always will be!
Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Viruses: 5:28am On Feb 09, 2022
Nauttyprof:

Your reasoning is just something else. I hope you know that the autopsy done in Delta wasn't carried out by the family but by the Police. When the case was brought back to Lagos, the same Police decided to carry out another autopsy.
The same police o. If this is true, why police dey doubt police?
Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 5:35am On Feb 09, 2022
Full cross examination report:

A Chief Pathologist with the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Dr. Sunday Soyemi, has told the Coroner Inquest into the controversial death of Sylvester Oromoni, that a blackish substance was found in the boy’s intestine during autopsy.

While answering questions on Tuesday under cross-examination from Counsel to the Oromoni family, Femi Falana (SAN), Dr Soyemi, however, testified that no test was carried out to determine what the blackish substance was.

Lekki-based school, Dowen College, has been in the eye of the storm since the demise of a 12-year-old student, Sylvester Oromoni Jnr.

READ ALSO: Alleged N5.7bn Fraud: Stop Further Action On Okorocha, Court Orders EFCC

The deceased’s father had alleged that his child was beaten by some senior students and forced to drink a liquid that killed him.

But the school has denied the claim, saying instead that he sustained injuries while playing football with his mates.

Find below the conversation between Mr Falana and the Pathologist below:

Falana: You did say, that when you were opening up the body, you found a blackish substance in the intestine of the deceased?

That’s correct, said the pathologist.

Falana: Did you send the black substance to a toxicologist? To which the pathologist replied No.

Falana: Don’t you think the blackish substance should have been taken to a toxicology laboratory in view of the allegation that the boy was poisoned?

Again, the pathologist replied No. This prompted Mr Falana to ask, “What is the blackish substance?”

Pathologist: It could be anything. It could be faecal stool matter mixed with embalming fluid.

Falana: It could be anything, we don’t know. Yet without conducting a test, you dismissed the conclusion of the pathologist in Warri who came to the conclusion that the deceased died of acute lung injury arising from chemical intoxication?

Pathologist: I took samples of the oesophagus and the stomach to the laboratory and looked at it under the microscope and they were essentially normal.

Falana: What laboratory did you use? LASUTH or one outside?

Pathologist: I didn’t take it to a toxicologist laboratory. LASUTH has no toxicology laboratory.

Falana: LASUTH has no facilities for testing for poison, when such tests are needed, it is sent abroad.

Pathologist: That’s correct.

Toxicology, according to the English dictionary, is the branch of pharmacology that deals with the nature, effect, detection and treatment of poisons and poisoning.

In response to further questions from the Counsel to the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Bernard Onigah, the Pathologist gave reasons why a toxicologist test was not carried out.

Pathologist: In conducting toxicology, I need to take blood, urine and the vitreous fluid in the eyes, all of which will be sent to the laboratory for test. I also need gastric content in the stomach. All these were not available at the second autopsy.

When asked why they were not available, the pathologist said, “the stomach had been opened by the first pathologist and nothing was found. The blood, urine and eye fluid had been sucked out during embalming and put in the Formalin, the embalming fluid.

The lawyer then asked, “Are you telling the court that it is impossible to take samples for toxicology as at the time the body was brought to you for an autopsy?”

The pathologist replied, “that’s correct”.

Counsel to Dowen College, Anthony Kpokpo asked the pathologist the impact a noxious substance, chemical or poison introduced through the mouth will have on the oesophagus or the stomach.

The pathologist replied, “I’ll expect to see a bruising of the lining of the stomach and the oesophagus.”

Kpokpo: Did you see any bruising in the lining of the deceased’s stomach or oesophagus?

Pathologist: No

The cross-examination also dwelled on the cause of death with the pathologist insisting that the late Sylvester, died of Septicaemia.

Septicaemia is when bacteria enters the bloodstream, and causes blood poisoning which triggers sepsis

While being led in evidence by the Director of Public Prosecution, DPP Lagos, Dr. Jide Martins, the pathologist testified on his findings during the autopsy. He said the findings indicated a generalised infection of the body.

“It was an infection of the lungs, the deceased also had an infection of the liver, the kidneys, infection of the right arm, the soft tissue of the muscles covering the bone below the ankle. The summary of these is that he had generalised infection.”

Dr. Soyemi said, “This could have been treated. What could have been used in treating was massive dose of antibiotics, intravenous fluid and blood transfusion.”

He added that based on his finding, the illness could have been properly managed if the boy was taken for proper treatment. It was not a terminal case at all, the doctor stated.

The doctor however noted that the medical condition could lead to death if not properly treated, adding that the “mortality rate is high.”

Mr Falana asked, “can massaging of the body and an injury lead to infection?”

The doctor replied no.

The senior lawyer again asked, “If there’s an injury and it has been massaged repeatedly, can it lead to the removal of the skin or part of the skin?”

The doctor replied in the affirmative.

The senior advocate asked, “Are you aware that the ankle injury of the deceased was subjected to massaging in the sickbay of Dowen College on the 21st, 22nd & 23rd?

Dr. Soyemi said, “Not aware.”

The pathologist also spoke to some “sensitive photographs” of the autopsy report which were shown in court to describe the procedure and methods of the post mortem.

One of the pictures showed the deceased with his name tag, another showed an incision made in the chest area.

A few others showed vertical marks on the chin (post mortem injury), “a recent external circular injury on the right ankle,” reddening on the lower part of the two legs (this shows that the embalming fluid did not get to that part of his body), the white brain shows that there is not enough blood in the body.

“Prior to the conduct of autopsy, I did a total body radiograph to rule out any skeletal injury, that is, fracture, none was found. And the radiologist confirmed there was no fracture,” he said.

He faulted the initial pathologist in Warri describing his autopsy as a botched autopsy.

In the first autopsy carried out in Delta State, the pathologist, Clement Vhirterhire said the 12 years old died from “acute lung injury due to chemical intoxication.”

“Before I started the autopsy, the doctor who conducted the first autopsy was in attendance and was in attendance throughout. So, I observed that the autopsy was not properly done. All that was not properly done are documented in my statement,” Dr. Soyemi said.

“For example, at the first autopsy, the pathologist never opened the oesophagus; the oesophagus is the food pipe. He also did not open the trachea, it is the air path through which we breathe.

“These are vital things that he should not have missed out.

“He concluded his report as chemical intoxication. For one to be intoxicated with chemicals, that chemical has to pass through the oesophagus, which is the food path. If one has not opened the food path, he cannot talk about chemical intoxication.

Mr Femi Falana, however, noted that the pathologist should not be allowed to comment on the first autopsy because it was not tendered as evidence in the inquest.

But the DPP, Dr. Martins, said that the witness should be allowed to comment on it because he is an expert and the coroner inquest is a fact-finding exercise.

“He is an expert witness and he holds a duty to the court and he understands the issues that are relevant to the determination of this inquest,” Mr Martins said.

When the coroner appeared to allow the comments, it led to a heated exchange between him and Mr Falana.

The coroner said, “This is not a regular court. You are already casting aspersions on the court and my person. I allowed all parties to speak, I listened to everybody, the rules of evidence do not apply.”

“You say this at your convenience,” Mr Falana responded.

Reacting, the coroner said he took exception to the statement adding that “If you have a problem with me personally sitting on this inquest, the avenues are there. I’m not a tyrant, I fear nobody; I owe my duty to God. Learned silk is saying I do that at my convenience. Take that back.”

Mr Falana however said he had no cause to question the coroner’s integrity.

“Your lordship, if I have created the impression that I question your integrity, I take it back.”

The coroner also apologised for raising his voice at the learned silk.

He ruled that he would take any comment that would assist in the fact-finding. He, however, asked the DPP to limit his questions to the evidence tendered in court.

On media reports of the post mortem proceedings, Mr. Femi Falana asked the pathologist Dr Soyemi if he had authorized one of his colleagues, Dr. Nwigwe Chikodili Isabella, to speak on Arise TV about the findings of the autopsy.

The pathologist said that he did not give any such authorization. He also testified that this was not normal practice and admitted that he was embarrassed when the report was being discussed on TV.

“I was embarrassed because she didn’t perform the autopsy, she observed all through and it’s not the normal practice even if you have done the autopsy,” he said.

Magistrate Mikhail Kadiri has adjourned further proceedings till Monday.

2 Likes

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 5:38am On Feb 09, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

JESUS EVEN AFTER A FORMER TEACHER CONFIRM EVERYTHING !

God let me out of this dangerous country

Which former teacher? Why didn't the teacher go and testify as a witness for the family? The teacher is as fake as the autopsy report from Delta. They kept pushing fake news on social media

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by AfroKnight: 5:39am On Feb 09, 2022
We already knew they would twist this case. DPP decided to release the suspects before the conclusion of this inquest. Jumping the gun. Such a brazen step only tells you they are ready to go the extra mile to frustrate the victim’s family.

Government magic at play here. Dem turn blue into red, dem turn electric to candle.

1 Like

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 5:39am On Feb 09, 2022
Nauttyprof:

Your reasoning is just something else. I hope you know that the autopsy done in Delta wasn't carried out by the family but by the Police. When the case was brought back to Lagos, the same Police decided to carry out another autopsy.
Again why didn't the family tender that one as evidence? Simple question, if it was done well and showed evidence of what happened to their son why did they only post online and not bring it to the Inquest as evidence?

1 Like

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by chukwuibuipob: 5:43am On Feb 09, 2022
sad See how dey use scissors dey cut person body sad. See the clueless, conFUSED pipu we have in medical field sad sad.
Why won't sumbody travel to US,UK, GERMANY, FRANCE to see a doctor sad Wen all we have here are complete DUMB docs sad

God dey

3 Likes

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 5:46am On Feb 09, 2022
AfroKnight:
We already knew they would twist this case. DPP decided to release the suspects before the conclusion of this inquest. Jumping the gun. Such a brazen step only tells you they are ready to go the extra mile to frustrate the victim’s family.

Government magic at play here. Dem turn blue into red, dem turn electric to candle.

No DPP advised , it was based on the advise the family objected and asked for an Inquest, same Inquest they wanted to stop when the truth started coming out.

There is no magic, the family was the one who kept on pushing false and misleading news to the public, now take all those things to court we haven't seen yet. Even their own supposed autopsy report from Warri that claimed poison they didn't bring as evidence. It is the family doing magic
Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by DonJ29: 5:46am On Feb 09, 2022
Even the family knew the Autopsy they did in Delta was fake that's why they didn't tender it as evidence at the Inquest. The only reason why they shared the report to the press a few days before the main autopsy came out is so people will not believe the real autopsy.

Just imagine the parents of the boys in Dowen didn't have money to do their own that's how they would have used fake everything to put those boys in prison.

Slyvesters family lied to Nigerians[/quote]

I pray such misfortune doesnt befall your family, then you wldnt be saying this rubbish. Imagine if the boy was related to you, definitely u wldnt say this.

4 Likes

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 5:47am On Feb 09, 2022
DonJ29:
I pray such misfortune doesnt befall your family, then you wldnt be saying this rubbish. Imagine if the boy was related to you, definitely u wldnt say this.

Even the family knew the Autopsy they did in Delta was fake that's why they didn't tender it as evidence at the Inquest. The only reason why they shared the report to the press a few days before the main autopsy came out is so people will not believe the real autopsy.

Just imagine the parents of the boys in Dowen didn't have money to do their own that's how they would have used fake everything to put those boys in prison.

Slyvesters family lied to Nigerians

May your own family be victims of false allegations .

2 Likes

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Oasisi: 5:50am On Feb 09, 2022
Eketem:

Slyvesters family lied to Nigerians

It would happen to your child one day maybe when you have one of you don’t have yet and people would say then that you lied.
Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by DonJ29: 5:51am On Feb 09, 2022
[quote author=DonJ29 post=110078282]

Slyvesters family lied to Nigerians[b]

May your family experience what Sylvester's family r passing through now, amen.
Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by AfroKnight: 5:56am On Feb 09, 2022
Eketem:

Thanks for sharing this vital information.

So the Lagos state pathologist saw a black fluid and did not test it but decided to dismiss the findings of the earlier autopsy? He didn’t know what it was but he declared there was no poison. See wuruwuru to the answer.

You can also see how the court allowed the Lagos state pathologist to testify on a document that was not even presented as evidence. And when the coroner couldn’t find a good reason for allowing such irregularities he turned into a personal issue as if Falana was attacking him. Classic! Trying to bully the lawyer.

There is no justice to be had before this coroner. Government is determined to find those boys not guilty.

Na wa

3 Likes

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 5:59am On Feb 09, 2022
AfroKnight:

Thanks for sharing this vital information.

So the Lagos state pathologist saw a black fluid and did not test it but decided to dismiss the findings of the earlier autopsy? He didn’t know what it was but he declared there was no poison. See wuruwuru to the answer.

You can also see how the court allowed the Lagos state pathologist to testify on a document that was not even presented as evidence. And when the coroner couldn’t find a good reason for allowing such irregularities he turned into a personal issue as if Falana was attacking him. Classic! Trying to bully the lawyer.

There is no justice to be had before this coroner. Government is determined to find those boys not guilty.

Na wa

No Sir, the family was was one who did the first autopsy, ask them why they refused to tender it and call their own pathologist? If thr first one said he was poisoned why not bring it as evidence? Falana was objecting to his own clients supposed autopsy report. Why would a lawyer do that? They shared a report in public to say the boy was poisoned then now in court they don't want the same report mentjo

4 Likes

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:00am On Feb 09, 2022
I told you people they will use Yoruba parapo to destroy this case. Who is Oromoni when the owners of Lagos are talking ? Guilty or not, nothing will happen to Dowen college. A school that couldn't fork out a million naira (worst case scenario) to give Sylvester the best of treatment but rather shut his hostel mates up when they confirmed that he was beaten to stupor and poisoned by rich Yoruba kids. The father should forget about courts and do the needful cool
Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 6:00am On Feb 09, 2022
Oasisi:

It would happen to your child one day maybe when you have one of you don’t have yet and people would say then that you lied.

May your own family be victims of false allegations

1 Like

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 6:00am On Feb 09, 2022
Brendaniel:
You see one thing I hate about Nigeria, secrecy is too much, something happened to the boy in the school which led to him falling sick and died, why are they not investigating the cause of what led to him falling sick based on events that took place in the school, the boy has friends, till date nobody has heard any testimonies from his friends and other school children in the school, secrecy is too much to be released to the public, there is no way witnesses would not have been in place during such event, but then this is NIGERIA

The same way, herdsmen will attack a village and police arrests the herdsmen, they find out who sent them, secrecy starts:
POLICE- You know the person involved in this case is the brother to the uncle of the inlaw to the sister of the wife of the president, we cannot divulge such information to the public, this is national security issue...

They are released to continue their havoc, This is not national security, this is Nigeria...

Ask the family why they didn't call the classmates as witnesses

1 Like

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by AfroKnight: 6:03am On Feb 09, 2022
Eketem:

No DPP advised , it was based on the advise the family objected and asked for an Inquest, same Inquest they wanted to stop when the truth started coming out.

There is no magic, the family was the one who kept on pushing false and misleading news to the public, now take all those things to court we haven't seen yet. Even their own supposed autopsy report from Warri that claimed poison they didn't bring as evidence. It is the family doing magic

Semantics. DPP advised as prosecutors, police released suspects from custody. How did they arrive at the conclusion that they (DPP) had no evidence against the boys? The coroner’s inquest is what will determine that in the first place.

Falana had requested for that inquest before the DPP had those boys released.
Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 6:05am On Feb 09, 2022
AfroKnight:

Semantics. DPP advised as prosecutors, police released suspects from custody. How did they arrive at the conclusion that they (DPP) had no evidence against the boys? The coroner’s inquest is what will determine that in the first place.

Falana had requested for that inquest before the DPP had those boys released.

They had done investigation, intervewed witnesses, relieved the report of the autopsy all pointing to no guilt. Should they falsify evidence and hold the accused?

It is the same you who will come here and cry human rights tomorrow when somebody you know is held without charge or trial. They had no charge to make against them so the police could not hold them indefinitely because the time they got from the court to hold them had elapsed

6 Likes

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 6:11am On Feb 09, 2022
[quote author=DonJ29 post=110078342][/quote]

May your own family be victims of false allegations.
Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by texazzpete(m): 6:13am On Feb 09, 2022
gbemishile:
At the end
Kemi olulonyo was right after all.
Somehow for Nigerians.
Our brains are ruled by sentiments

Kemi said Sylvester drank engine oil. Autopsy says they found zero poison.

You that is now condemning others brains are coming here to say “Kemi was right”. Does that make sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by AfroKnight: 6:23am On Feb 09, 2022
Eketem:

They had done investigation, intervewed witnesses, relieved the report of the autopsy all pointing to no guilt. Should they falsify evidence and hold the accused?

Lol. But they should have waited for the outcome of the inquest. They should not be preemptive like this na! What if this inquest discovers evidence pointing to murder? Will they start looking for the boys who have fled the country, trying to bring them back to answer for crimes?

That unilateral decision was simply jumping the gun especially when they were aware that Falana had asked for an inquest.

It brings to mind the press conference by the former commissioner of police who said in a video that both autopsies are in agreement; a statement which is clearly false! What is going on?

Why is the government acting like they are the ones on trial? Why are they in such a hurry to reduce this death to generalised body infection? If it was a wound (ulcer) on the ankle that was the entry point of the infection like the Lagos autopsy claims, what led to that wound? Who inflicted that wound? Why was his mouth blistered? So somehow his mouth is blistered but the lining of his oesophagus and stomach were not inflamed?

Like I said, this is government magic at play again. Even a murdered child can’t get justice.

1 Like

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by seborrhic: 6:23am On Feb 09, 2022
Eketem:

https://thenationonlineng.net/sylvester-oromoni-first-autopsy-botched-pathologist/
It was indeed botched.
That Warri pathologist just used 80% of the history he was supplied with just 20% examination he did,to arrive at his conclusion.
He just collected the boy father's money and did a anyhow job that further fuelled their belief in the parent's view of a homicide,which wasn't there.
What in hell is "chemical intoxication in the background of lung trauma"?
He should be queried as to his methods be because it's possible that's how he has be doing shoddy jobs all along.

2 Likes

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 6:24am On Feb 09, 2022
seborrhic:

It was indeed bitched.
That Warri pathologist just used 80% of the history he was supplied with just 20% examination he did,to arrive at his conclusion.
He just collected the boy father's money and did a anyhow job that further fuelled their belief in the parent's view of a homicide,which wasn't there.
What in hell is "chemical intoxication in the background of lung trauma"?

Why didn't the family even bring him let us get small answers

1 Like

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 6:27am On Feb 09, 2022
AfroKnight:

Lol. But they should have waited for the outcome of the inquest. They should not be preemptive like this na! What if this inquest discovers evidence pointing to murder? Will they start looking for the boys who have fled the country, trying to bring them back to answer for crimes?

That unilateral decision was simply jumping the gun especially when they were aware that Falana had asked for an inquest.

It brings to mind the press conference by the former commissioner of police who said in a video that both autopsies are in agreement; a statement which is clearly false! What is going on?

Why is the government acting like they are the ones on trial? Why are they in such a hurry to reduce this death to generalised body infection? If it was a wound (ulcer) on the ankle that was the entry point of the infection like the Lagos autopsy claims, what led to that wound? Who inflicted that wound? Why was his mouth blistered? So somehow his mouth is blistered but the lining of his oesophagus and stomach were not inflamed?

Like I said, this is government magic at play again. Even a murdered child can’t get justice.

No Sir the only magic is the family who has been consistently shown to be pushing falsehood.

People cannot be held indefinitely when there is no charge against them. When they say you should read and learn you will not agree.

The Government is in alignment with the investigation and autopsy findings so they are in trial by the family who brought the Inquest

What led to the wound has been stated, ankle injury from falling while playing ball.

1 Like

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by wirinet(m): 6:35am On Feb 09, 2022
From just reading the report of the Lagos State Pathologist, I can conclude that Sylvester Oromoniyi died from biological intoxication and not chemical intoxication.
Here are the proof from the report;

The cross-examination also dwelled on the cause of death with the pathologist insisting that the late Sylvester, died of Septicaemia.

Septicaemia is when bacteria enters the bloodstream, and causes blood poisoning which triggers sepsis

While being led in evidence by the Director of Public Prosecution, DPP Lagos, Dr. Jide Martins, the pathologist testified on his findings during the autopsy. He said the findings indicated a generalised infection of the body.

“It was an infection of the lungs, the deceased also had an infection of the liver, the kidneys, infection of the right arm, the soft tissue of the muscles covering the bone below the ankle. The summary of these is that he had generalised infection.”

The Septicaemia must have entered the bloodstream through the oesophagus and stomach. This must have been from the liquid he was alleged to have been forced to drink. This was probably why the infection affected all the vital organs so fast.

Dr. Soyemi said, “This could have been treated. What could have been used in treating was massive dose of antibiotics, intravenous fluid and blood transfusion.”

He added that based on his finding, the illness could have been properly managed if the boy was taken for proper treatment. It was not a terminal case at all, the doctor stated.

The doctor however noted that the medical condition could lead to death if not properly treated, adding that the “mortality rate is high.”
Evidence the school and parents were treating the wrong diagnosis. If they had started treating the boy for acute and aggressive bacterial infection (Septicaemia), Sylvester would certainly have survived.

The doctor replied no.

The senior lawyer again asked, “If there’s an injury and it has been massaged repeatedly, can it lead to the removal of the skin or part of the skin?”

The senior advocate asked, “Are you aware that the ankle injury of the deceased was subjected to massaging in the sickbay of Dowen College on the 21st, 22nd & 23rd?

Instead the school and parents were treating for orthopedic injuries. They were massaging the body of Sylvester and giving pain relievers.

A few others showed vertical marks on the chin (post mortem injury), “a recent external circular injury on the right ankle,” reddening on the lower part of the two legs (this shows that the embalming fluid did not get to that part of his body), the white brain shows that there is not enough blood in the body.

“Prior to the conduct of autopsy, I did a total body radiograph to rule out any skeletal injury, that is, fracture, none was found. And the radiologist confirmed there was no fracture

Further evidence there was no evidence of bone injury. All the ankle abrasions were as a result of aggressive massaging.

My conclusion
Sylvester was beaten and bullied, but the physical beatings did not kill him. It was the liquid he was forced to drink. Now since our we don't have labs in Nigeria that can carry out a complete toxicology examination and the body and all organs had been tampered with coupled with cover ups from all those involved, it will be impossible to prove Sylvester Oromoniyi was murdered. Biological intoxication is much more difficult to prove that chemical intoxication. You have to determine exactly how the biological agents were introduced into the bloodstream.
Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by afamaustin(m): 6:35am On Feb 09, 2022
He died as a result of the attack by the 5 senior prefect weda poison or not poison even serious beating can kil someone
Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by wirinet(m): 6:41am On Feb 09, 2022
Eketem:

No Sir the only magic is the family who has been consistently shown to be pushing falsehood.
The family has no reason to push falsehood. They are acting on what they actually believe based on what they saw and heard from Sylvester and based on previous experience.

People cannot be held indefinitely when there is no charge against them. When they say you should read and learn you will not agree.
Agreed. But this only applies to the powerful and mighty. Ordinary poor citizens are held in police custody indefinitely or until they pay "bail".

The Government is in alignment with the investigation and autopsy findings so they are in trial by the family who brought the Inquest
Which government. The government looks compromised. They exonerated all accused and reopened the school even before the coroner inquest had been concluded.

What led to the wound has been stated, ankle injury from falling while playing ball.
Non of the autopsy report showed any ankle injury or bone injury.

1 Like

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by ikennamadu1(m): 6:43am On Feb 09, 2022
Eketem:

A Chief Pathologist with the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Dr. Sunday Soyemi, has told the Coroner Inquest into the controversial death of Sylvester Oromoni, that a blackish substance was found in the boy’s intestine during autopsy.

While answering questions on Tuesday under cross-examination from Counsel to the Oromoni family, Femi Falana (SAN), Dr Soyemi, however, testified that no test was carried out to determine what the blackish substance was.

Lekki-based school, Dowen College, has been in the eye of the storm since the demise of a 12-year-old student, Sylvester Oromoni Jnr.

READ ALSO: Alleged N5.7bn Fraud: Stop Further Action On Okorocha, Court Orders EFCC

The deceased’s father had alleged that his child was beaten by some senior students and forced to drink a liquid that killed him.

But the school has denied the claim, saying instead that he sustained injuries while playing football with his mates.

Find below the conversation between Mr Falana and the Pathologist below:

Falana: You did say, that when you were opening up the body, you found a blackish substance in the intestine of the deceased?

That’s correct, said the pathologist.

Falana: Did you send the black substance to a toxicologist? To which the pathologist replied No.

Falana: Don’t you think the blackish substance should have been taken to a toxicology laboratory in view of the allegation that the boy was poisoned?

Again, the pathologist replied No. This prompted Mr Falana to ask, “What is the blackish substance?”

Pathologist: It could be anything. It could be faecal stool matter mixed with embalming fluid.

Falana: It could be anything, we don’t know. Yet without conducting a test, you dismissed the conclusion of the pathologist in Warri who came to the conclusion that the deceased died of acute lung injury arising from chemical intoxication?

Pathologist: I took samples of the oesophagus and the stomach to the laboratory and looked at it under the microscope and they were essentially normal.

Falana: What laboratory did you use? LASUTH or one outside?

Pathologist: I didn’t take it to a toxicologist laboratory. LASUTH has no toxicology laboratory.

Falana: LASUTH has no facilities for testing for poison, when such tests are needed, it is sent abroad.

Pathologist: That’s correct.

Toxicology, according to the English dictionary, is the branch of pharmacology that deals with the nature, effect, detection and treatment of poisons and poisoning.

In response to further questions from the Counsel to the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Bernard Onigah, the Pathologist gave reasons why a toxicologist test was not carried out.

Pathologist: In conducting toxicology, I need to take blood, urine and the vitreous fluid in the eyes, all of which will be sent to the laboratory for test. I also need gastric content in the stomach. All these were not available at the second autopsy.

When asked why they were not available, the pathologist said, “the stomach had been opened by the first pathologist and nothing was found. The blood, urine and eye fluid had been sucked out during embalming and put in the Formalin, the embalming fluid.

The lawyer then asked, “Are you telling the court that it is impossible to take samples for toxicology as at the time the body was brought to you for an autopsy?”

The pathologist replied, “that’s correct”.

Counsel to Dowen College, Anthony Kpokpo asked the pathologist the impact a noxious substance, chemical or poison introduced through the mouth will have on the oesophagus or the stomach.

The pathologist replied, “I’ll expect to see a bruising of the lining of the stomach and the oesophagus.”

Kpokpo: Did you see any bruising in the lining of the deceased’s stomach or oesophagus?

Pathologist: No

The doctor replied no.

The pathologist also spoke to some “sensitive photographs” of the autopsy report which were shown in court to describe the procedure and methods of the post mortem.

One of the pictures showed the deceased with his name tag, another showed an incision made in the chest area.

“Prior to the conduct of autopsy, I did a total body radiograph to rule out any skeletal injury, that is, fracture, none was found. And the radiologist confirmed there was no fracture,” he said.

He faulted the initial pathologist in Warri describing his autopsy as a botched autopsy.

In the first autopsy carried out in Delta State, the pathologist, Clement Vhirterhire said the 12 years old died from “acute lung injury due to chemical intoxication.”

“Before I started the autopsy, the doctor who conducted the first autopsy was in attendance and was in attendance throughout. So, I observed that the autopsy was not properly done. All that was not properly done are documented in my statement,” Dr. Soyemi said.

“For example, at the first autopsy, the pathologist never opened the oesophagus; the oesophagus is the food pipe. He also did not open the trachea, it is the air path through which we breathe.

“These are vital things that he should not have missed out.

“He concluded his report as chemical intoxication. For one to be intoxicated with chemicals, that chemical has to pass through the oesophagus, which is the food path. If one has not opened the food path, he cannot talk about chemical intoxication.

Mr Femi Falana, however, noted that the pathologist should not be allowed to comment on the first autopsy because it was not tendered as evidence in the inquest.

But the DPP, Dr. Martins, said that the witness should be allowed to comment on it because he is an expert and the coroner inquest is a fact-finding exercise.

“He is an expert witness and he holds a duty to the court and he understands the issues that are relevant to the determination of this inquest,” Mr Martins said.

When the coroner appeared to allow the comments, it led to a heated exchange between him and Mr Falana.

The coroner said, “This is not a regular court. You are already casting aspersions on the court and my person. I allowed all parties to speak, I listened to everybody, the rules of evidence do not apply.”

“You say this at your convenience,” Mr Falana responded.

Reacting, the coroner said he took exception to the statement adding that “If you have a problem with me personally sitting on this inquest, the avenues are there. I’m not a tyrant, I fear nobody; I owe my duty to God. Learned silk is saying I do that at my convenience. Take that back.”

Mr Falana however said he had no cause to question the coroner’s integrity.

“Your lordship, if I have created the impression that I question your integrity, I take it back.”

The coroner also apologised for raising his voice at the learned silk.

He ruled that he would take any comment that would assist in the fact-finding. He, however, asked the DPP to limit his questions to the evidence tendered in court.

On media reports of the post mortem proceedings, Mr. Femi Falana asked the pathologist Dr Soyemi if he had authorized one of his colleagues, Dr. Nwigwe Chikodili Isabella, to speak on Arise TV about the findings of the autopsy.

The pathologist said that he did not give any such authorization. He also testified that this was not normal practice and admitted that he was embarrassed when the report was being discussed on TV.

“I was embarrassed because she didn’t perform the autopsy, she observed all through and it’s not the normal practice even if you have done the autopsy,” he said.

Magistrate Mikhail Kadiri has adjourned further proceedings till Monday.

Oga rest .. you don't know what you are typing..

1 Like

Re: Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist by Eketem: 6:44am On Feb 09, 2022
wirinet:

The family has no reason to push falsehood. They are acting on what they actually believe based on what they saw and heard from Sylvester and based on previous experience.

Agreed. But this only applies to the powerful and mighty. Ordinary poor citizens are held in police custody indefinitely or until they pay "bail".

Which government. The government looks compromised. They exonerated all accused and reopened the school even before the coroner inquest had been concluded.

Non of the autopsy report showed any ankle injury or bone injury.

At least read Fully I hope I don't need to teach you how fracture is different from injury.

" A few others showed vertical marks on the chin (post mortem injury), “a recent external circular injury on the right ankle,” reddening on the lower part of the two legs (this shows that the embalming fluid did not get to that part of his body), the white brain shows that there is not enough blood in the body."

The family was negligent and looking for a scape goat they consistently pushed false news including the fake autopsy report from Delta which they refused to tender and even objected to it being referenced

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Scholarship Alert: How To Apply For Nlng Scholarship Worth N300,000 / UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 / Kwara Polytechnic's Screening Exercise Result Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.