Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Could This Be What Nigerians Call Generational Curse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could This Be What Nigerians Call Generational Curse? (569 Views)

Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? / They Say My Marriage Is Doomed With Generational Curse! / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be What Nigerians Call Generational Curse? by AoifeNightfall: 8:42am On Feb 09, 2022

Re: Could This Be What Nigerians Call Generational Curse? by ahnie: 8:44am On Feb 09, 2022
Booking spaces
Re: Could This Be What Nigerians Call Generational Curse? by gaby(m): 8:49am On Feb 09, 2022
Not exactly.

The above is simply a generational trauma or transfer of trauma.

Most of us are victims of the above where we have parents who were never openly shown/expressed love to and in return failed in breaking the chain and eventually passing it on to us.

It is now left for most of us who have been able to understand this fact to break the chain and do things very differently.

I am happy at how I'm growing and showing my kids love like I never expressly got it from my parents which really wasn't their fault.

Let's break the chain and love without boundaries.

There is what we call a generational/ancestral curse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be What Nigerians Call Generational Curse? by anthonyuncle(m): 8:50am On Feb 09, 2022
no be lie
Re: Could This Be What Nigerians Call Generational Curse? by AoifeNightfall: 8:54am On Feb 09, 2022
anthonyuncle:
no be lie

But Nigerians tend to associate it with fetishism and witchcraft etc.

Magnoliaa what do you think?
Re: Could This Be What Nigerians Call Generational Curse? by anthonyuncle(m): 9:11am On Feb 09, 2022
AoifeNightfall:

But Nigerians tend to associate it with fetishism and witchcraft etc.

Magnoliaa what do you think?
that one self follow

1 Like

Re: Could This Be What Nigerians Call Generational Curse? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:26am On Feb 09, 2022
AoifeNightfall:
Magnolia what do you think?

I kinda agree with @gaby's comment. I'm more inclined towards a psychological explanation. It's possible that's what's called generational curses.

There may or may not be things that are truly generational curses on their own. I can't say. Even though I believe there is a spiritual world, I don't tend to focus on those parts of it and whatever happens there. If someone says they've experienced a generational curse and they've once been under it and it has nothing to do with a psychological transfer (or biological inheritance), okayy. I have nothing to say about that or its truthfulness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be What Nigerians Call Generational Curse? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
I think it's largely psychology as Magnoliaa has hinted.

It is very easy to become the things that we experienced... to imbibe the behaviours that we observed... that were a constant in our growing up.

That's the importance of intentional parenting. There has to be deliberateness every step of the way.

In the communication...
In your actions, because children watch.
In how you discipline...
In what you condone

Understanding the motives behind your actions.

That's they way to break the cycle.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Went Abroad In Search Of Greener Pastures Returns Home Empty-handed 42 Y / Help!!!.Look At What LAWMA Pasted On My Building. / Five-year-old Pupil Drowns During Swimming Lesson In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.