Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,623 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Pele: Messi Must Score As Many As Me - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pele: Messi Must Score As Many As Me (795 Views)

Iheanacho Score As Manchester City Beat Hull City 4-1 / : Isco Must Score Goals In Order To Bench James Rodriguez - Benitez / Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pele: Messi Must Score As Many As Me by splashbaby(m): 11:26pm On Jun 23, 2011
Brazil legend Pele maintains that Barcelona star Lionel Messi needs to overhaul his goalscoring record if he is to be considered the best player ever.
Pele bagged 1283 goals in his career for Santos, New York and Brazil, while the 23-year-old Messi's total currently stands at 180.

And speaking after Santos' Copa Libertadores win on Wednesday night, Pele responded to suggestions that the Argentine had already surpassed his achievements: "Messi better than Pele? To get there he needs to score more than 1283 goals," he said.

The former Santos star also spoke about currently Brazilian starlet Neymar, who is the subject of a transfer tug-of-war between Real Madrid and Chelsea, taking the opportunity to have another sly dig at Messi's achievements.

"Neymar has great talent. I hope Neymar doesn't end up like Messi, who plays so well for his club but does nothing for his country [Argentina]," he added.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930008/pele:-lionel-messi-must-score-as-many-as-me?cc=3888
Re: Pele: Messi Must Score As Many As Me by Jarus(m): 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2011
Somebody is afraid of his record being overtaken
Re: Pele: Messi Must Score As Many As Me by mikuz(m): 2:55pm On Jun 24, 2011
And don't even see messi even attempting to break that record.
Re: Pele: Messi Must Score As Many As Me by medjai(m): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2011
Pele scored those goals playing in the Brazilian league and the MLS. . .He really needs to shut up.
Re: Pele: Messi Must Score As Many As Me by montelik(m): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2011
Mind games before d Copa America
Re: Pele: Messi Must Score As Many As Me by YoruIgbo(m): 2:05am On Jun 25, 2011
One eye man in the country of blind men!! Having playes for 20years he scored average of 64goals per year and that includes friendlies and playing weak club sides, can someone rewind the clock back to 50's and get Messi to play then grin He will probably score 100 goals per week!!
Re: Pele: Messi Must Score As Many As Me by mikuz(m): 1:43pm On Jun 25, 2011
^
your head dey there!
Re: Pele: Messi Must Score As Many As Me by splashbaby(m): 7:19pm On Jun 25, 2011
With Messi on 108 hitting 1283 goals will be impossible, even if he now plays in the MLS

(1) (Reply)

Why Blame Siasia When God Told Tb Joshua 9ja Isn't Winning. / Nigerian U-20 Team Beat Zimbabwe 3-0 / LOBATAN: 7 Cameroonian Athletes Disappear In The On-going London 2012 Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.