Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices (8177 Views)

PDP Convention: List Of Elected Candidates and Their Offices / COVID-19: Edo State Denies Unvaccinated Civil Servants Access To Their Offices / ICPC Uncovers ₦450 Million Hidden In Bank Account By Court Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by lalasticlala(m): 1:50pm On Feb 09, 2022
PRESS RELEASE

OYO STATE OWES IBEDC N450 MILLION

The Management of Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc hereby informs its esteemed customers of the retaliatory and illegal action of the Oyo State Government over the issue of its huge indebtedness.

The Oyo state Government on Wednesday 9 February 2022 commenced the sealing of our offices within the state over some suddenly contrived debts labelled revenue bills and personal income without due notification.

This issue of revenue bills and personal income arising now is quite suspicious. This was contained in a statement signed by the Chief Operating Officer, Engr. John Ayodele.

He said the Oyo State Government is owing IBEDC a whopping consumption outstanding of 450 Million Naira for over a period of three years.

Engr. Ayodele explained that the company as part of efforts to get the outstanding paid initiated several engagements through correspondences and physical meetings, but all these efforts yielded no result. "No business in this country can run successfully with such a huge outstanding, the power we distribute to customers must be accounted for and paid for, we have no choice but to disconnect the Oyo State Secretariat, so it is worrisome to see that the government has sealed off our offices with this underhand and arm twisting tactics, instead of paying the debt owed. This was not done in good faith and it would have damaging effect on the business and service delivery to our customers."

Engr. Ayodele further explained. The COO appealed to the State Governor, his Excellency Engr. Seyi Makinde to look into the matter in the interest of all concerned as this would further exacerbate the power challenges and pressure on residents and commercial activities within the state.

IBEDC engages in essential services to the public and the effect of this arm twisting tactics can at best be imagined if not quickly arrested.

09/02/2022

https://twitter.com/IBEDC_NG/status/1491368959052066816

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by helinues: 1:51pm On Feb 09, 2022
And yet they have the audacity to lock IEBC office

Which kind of example is Oyo State government laying?

Awon Oniranu

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by slawormiir: 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by Mophor: 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
Issokay!!!

Wahala be like TundeEdnut & Mallam
If u spell am backwards na still d same

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by Optimistguy1969: 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
Föck, focker, fockest!!!
Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by Haakeem(m): 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
They are only good at havesting human parts.

Abeg they should pay up their debt jor or we would be forced to disconnect their whole power supplyangry cheesy grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by Cumtroller: 1:55pm On Feb 09, 2022
Afonja's and Debt na 5 and 6.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by Oladipo1166(m): 1:55pm On Feb 09, 2022
That's too small
I was expecting something like billions
Some houses owns millions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by Kingpele(m): 1:55pm On Feb 09, 2022
It is finished, a PDP governor, u see we should look for new party with a good ideological template to take over the reigns of leadership of this Country right from the cradle of leadership position, pdp and APC have failed us

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by Ominie(m): 1:55pm On Feb 09, 2022
Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by Chijeep(m): 1:56pm On Feb 09, 2022
What a great surprise

And all these online loan shark no go let me rest because of 7500naira
sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by Exclusive40: 1:56pm On Feb 09, 2022
Make dem pay
Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by bigdammyj: 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2022
No qualms
Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by Oladipo1166(m): 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2022
Jennyclay:
Nairaland moderators are so biased with their judgments.

A guy called me a prostitute, the moderators didn't ban him. But I was banned just because I called someone "He-goat like you"

Were they expecting me to fold my hands and keep quiet while the guys insult me?? I'm not an introvert oooo.

Now my ban is over, if anyone ask for trouble I would give it to you double. I'm a moving trailer.
You should have reported the guy earlier

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by lightskinnigga: 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
I thot they said oyo state is richer than New York..

These ppl online boasting..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by Oladipo1166(m): 2:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
Cumtroller:
Afonja's and Debt na 5 and 6.

Nah why your pops wey no dey get debt still dey live for rented apartment

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by heniford2: 2:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
grin cheesy oh!!

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by frowland(m): 2:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
Jennyclay:
Nairaland moderators are so biased with their judgments.

A guy called me a prostitute, the moderators didn't ban him. But I was banned just because I called someone "He-goat like you"

Were they expecting me to fold my hands and keep quiet while the guys insult me?? I'm not an introvert oooo.

Now my ban is over, if anyone ask for trouble I would give it to you double. I'm a moving trailer.

No vex!
Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by alphaNomega: 2:02pm On Feb 09, 2022
Government is the greatest debtor.

But then these IBEDC always try to scam us with estimated bills
Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by kuntash: 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
helinues:
And yet they have the audacity to lock IEBC office

Which kind of example is Oyo State government laying?

Awon Oniranu

You mean you don't care to read govt side of the story ?

You choose to believe and accept that of NEPA ..

I am sure you would have made a different opinion if it was the FG owing or if it was Aso Villa cos that's where your man is grin grin

SMH

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by emmykk(m): 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
Nobody ever clears NEPA bill.if you dare it ,NEPA office will sama you fresh bill next month that will shock you.

Better leave huge bill unpaid so that the will have sense in NEPA computer room

8 Likes

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by wolesmile(m): 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
₦450M?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:04pm On Feb 09, 2022
This is serious.
Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by yesloaded: 2:04pm On Feb 09, 2022
I never had cummulativeof 24hrs power supply since beginning of this year despite the fact that we are in second month of the year

IBEDC is not organized in the area of distribution and are very biased in distribution

How could you give at least 18hrs and above power supply to certain part of the city everyday and some will not have power supply for straight 3days despite there's no issue with transformer.

I lodge complaint to their branch and their staff were just looking at me like I'm saying nonsense. I called their customer care but the lady started saying maybe it's because I don't stay at home 24/7, how could someone expect me to stay at home 24/7?

Well, I use prepaid metre and 2k recharge since last year December has not been spent up to half when there no power supply.

Some part of Ibadan has damaged transformer for more than a year that IBEDC is demanding 70k we each house to enable them procure another transformer for them of which many of the house owner couldn't afford that and some not moved because they don't trust integrity of IBEDC

IBEDC needs to go back to drawing board to see what they are doing wrong

You don't expect people to at for darkness

90 out of 100 houses in Ibadan has power generating set from smallest size to biggest size

8 Likes

Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by iscom(m): 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2022
OK
Re: Oyo State Owes IBEDC ₦450 Million; Sealed Their Offices by bluefilm: 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2022
This is quite unbelievable!!!

What a shame!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Halts Judgement On Ayade / This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures / Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.