Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Adidas Drop Zouma After Disturbing Video Shows West Ham Defender Hitting Cat - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adidas Drop Zouma After Disturbing Video Shows West Ham Defender Hitting Cat (169 Views)

West Ham United Vs Arsenal (1 - 3) On 9th December 2019 / Adidas Unveils Manchester United 2019/20 Home Shirt / West Ham Vs Manchester United (3 - 1) On 29th September 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adidas Drop Zouma After Disturbing Video Shows West Ham Defender Hitting Cat by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
The clip emerged on social media on Tuesday and the defender was swiftly condemned
Article continues below
West Ham defender Kurt Zouma has been dropped by sponsor Adidas after a video emerged on Tuesday of the Frenchman kicking and hitting his cat.
Zouma came under fire for the video after it emerged on social media, with the RSPCA having now confirmed that the cats have been removed from his residence.
Despite starting Tuesday's win over Watford, Zouma has been fined by West Ham and it was confirmed that Essex Police are investigating, with more than 150,000 people having signed a petition calling for Zouma to be prosecuted.
Editors' Picks
Afcon 2021: Ranking the top 40 players at the Africa Cup of Nations
Fabio Blanco: The new wonderkid Barcelona beat Real Madrid to sign
Afcon 2021: Picking out the best goals of the tournament
Are Guardiola's Man City boring or misunderstood?
Adidas drops Zouma
In addition to the fine from West Ham, Zouma has been dropped by apparel sponsor Adidas, who announced on Wednesday that the company is no longer working with the defender.
“We have concluded our investigation," the company said in a statement, "and can confirm Kurt Zouma is no longer an Adidas contracted athlete.”
West Ham initially condemned the incident before releasing a further statement on February 9 to confirm that the player had been fined the "maximum amount" for his behaviour.
What has Zouma said?
Shortly after the video emerged, Zouma issued a statement apologising for what had happened, stating: "I want to apologise for my actions. There are no excuses for my behaviour, which I sincerely regret.
Article continues below
"I also want to say how deeply sorry I am to anyone who was upset by the video. I would like to assure everyone that our two cats are perfectly fine and healthy.
"They are loved and cherished by our entire family, and this behaviour was an isolated incident that will not happen again."
lalasticlala mynd44 seun mukina2 Dominique

Re: Adidas Drop Zouma After Disturbing Video Shows West Ham Defender Hitting Cat by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 09, 2022
Like Adidas like Nike
Re: Adidas Drop Zouma After Disturbing Video Shows West Ham Defender Hitting Cat by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2022
That means he will join a club that is not been sponsored by adidas e.g Manchester United thank goodness west ham are wearing Umbro

and for greenwood he cannot join clubs like Liverpool wait Adidas y una no stop greenwood from wearing una kits so that he go stop play for man u at least make he get seen small small he don day turn Greedwood

(1) (Reply)

Mason Greenwood Dropped By Nike After Rape Allegation / Raphinha Is Very Close To Joining Arsenal Instead Of Barcelona / Is Balon D'or Only For Goal Scorers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.