Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? (626 Views)

Facebook User Exposes New Format ATM Fraudsters Use To Scam People. / Man Arrested For Using An Empty Banana Island House To Scam A Porsche Seller / Yahoo Boy Who Posed As US Army Officer To Scam Ladies Arrested (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? by kayzkayz(m): 9:44am On Feb 10, 2022
Dear NLers in UK, please I’d want to know your take on the following.

My friend in UK sent me a used iPhone through a courier (broker service) called Parcel Compare and they sent it through UPS to be delivered to me in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. The said parcel left London on the 27th of January, got to Lagos on the 2nd of February and according to Parcel Compare and UPS has been held by NDLEA operatives attached to the UPS Office in Gbagada, Lagos. * My question is how is NDLEA a drug enforcement agency now doing the job of customs?*

UPS stated that a payment be made for the parcel to be cleared. NDLEA insists sender should provide phone receipt, ID card and reason for sending the phone and send to UPS customer care email, where they’d have it printed and sent to them.

My confusion now is neither of these bodies are saying anything about the charges I’ve been directed in one of their emails to pay — they’re rather tossing me back and forth. Meanwhile, the ones in UK called Parcel Compare want to charge the sender’s account £25 if she doesn’t comply in 10 days and this is coming after all charges were paid to have the parcel delivered.

Please find attached documents and someone tell me if they’ve ever experienced a thing like this and how it was tackled.

Thanks
Re: UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? by shortgun(m): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2022
Any package without clear and complete sender information will attract NDLEA's attention.
You are to pay for customs duty which UPS is asking for as this is normal procedure, failure to pay on time will attract extra charges.
Re: UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? by Mrkumareze(m): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2022
cheesy what is the relationship between you and the sender ? This looks like *ibu umu yahoo*
Re: UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? by kayzkayz(m): 10:46am On Feb 10, 2022
shortgun:
Any package without clear and complete sender information will attract NDLEA's attention.
You are to pay for customs duty which UPS is asking for as this is normal procedure, failure to pay on time will attract extra charges.

Thanks for your input. It’s my first time ever using UPS that’s why I’m a bit confused. So you mean I should go ahead to make this payment even though both UPS and NDLEA are yet to mention it?

It’s just funny and a bit scary so you mean if I go ahead with this said payment it would leave Lagos for PH?
Re: UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? by kayzkayz(m): 10:48am On Feb 10, 2022
Mrkumareze:
cheesy what is the relationship between you and the sender ? This looks like *ibu umu yahoo*

You don’t have any meaningful thing to say at this point. Just read and learn something if you may.
Re: UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? by kayzkayz(m): 10:51am On Feb 10, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Second hand phone nae you dey see yahoo untop. You better go find work of N30k if you dey less busy.
Re: UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? by Mrkumareze(m): 11:56am On Feb 10, 2022
kayzkayz:

Second hand phone nae you dey see yahoo untop. You better go find work of N30k if you dey less busy.

You got it wrong, I was thinking they may be scamming you in d name of sending you phone.. so be sure you re communicating with NDLEA/CUSTOM...

1 Like

Re: UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? by shortgun(m): 12:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
kayzkayz:

Thanks for your input. It’s my first time ever using UPS that’s why I’m a bit confused. So you mean I should go ahead to make this payment even though both UPS and NDLEA are yet to mention it?

It’s just funny and a bit scary so you mean if I go ahead with this said payment it would leave Lagos for PH?
You said in your post that UPS requested for payment for the package to be cleared.
I think you should call UPS customer assistance to get all the information you need concerning the package with your tracking number.
Search for UPS customer care number on google.
Good luck.
Re: UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? by kayzkayz(m): 12:09pm On Feb 10, 2022
shortgun:

You said in your post that UPS requested for payment for the package to be cleared.
I think you should call UPS customer assistance to get all the information you need concerning the package with your tracking number.
Search for UPS customer care number on google.
Good luck.

They did ask for a payment in an email they sent but over the phone... no one has mentioned this. I’ve been communicating with them each time I call no one mentions the said charge.

I don taya for this country abeg cry
Re: UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? by ebuka440: 12:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Please be weary of scammers
Re: UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? by kayzkayz(m): 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mrkumareze:

You got it wrong, I was thinking they may be scamming you in d name of sending you phone.. so be sure you re communicating with NDLEA/CUSTOM...

It’s just that I’m feeling very bad right now. Na person when I know and I have the tracking number tracked with UPS and it’s been in Lagos till date.

Sorry my brother, i got it all wrong. I just dey vexxxxx and I overreacted.
Re: UPS Wants To Collaborate With NDLEA To Scam Me Or What? by Mrkumareze(m): 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
kayzkayz:

It’s just that I’m feeling very bad right now. Na person when I know and I have the tracking number tracked with UPS and it’s been in Lagos till date.

Sorry my brother, i got it all wrong. I just dey vexxxxx and I overreacted.

Its well. Just take it easy.. I had a bad experience receiving phone from Europe.. the NDLEA had to damage the phone in the name of searching for drugs..

(1) (Reply)

2 Police Officers Sentenced To Death For Armed Robbery / How EFCC Arrested Richest Civil Servant In History Of Nigeria: What You Don’t K / What Are Other Reasons You Enter Fast Food Centers Or Banks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.