Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel (13201 Views)

Lagos Rally: Okupe Accuses APC Of Importing People From Other States / FG Confirms Supply Of Adulterated Fuel / British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by mrvitalis(m): 10:50am On Feb 10, 2022
So what's the job of DPR even, how about customs how did the fake petrol pass our border when Baba closed border
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by DSC7: 10:50am On Feb 10, 2022
E don burst....

Breeze don Blow their yanshh don open....

Man inhumanity to man embarassed
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by OluwaBlessyn: 10:51am On Feb 10, 2022
It is expected since we are importing refined fuel since we dont have our own refinery..just imagine at this generation,nigeria is yet to have a refinery refining her oil..ike gwuru
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by Hallabee1(m): 10:52am On Feb 10, 2022
aku626:
oya go to court

Aje...

if them go, na who go be the judge'FG' i guess
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by Tomahawk99(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2022
LomaJick12:
Jsjhs
If you can do all these you claim why don't you join bounty programs online and make money?
n00b grin
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by Oritna94(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2022
And the blame game begins. This country sef no get head. I thought NNPC was the sole importer of products. Which one be this again?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by Llyodsjids(m): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2022
But the general notion was that NNPC is the sole importer due to FX shortage, now what MRS and Oando doing in the equation
Then Belgium actually certified these nonsense before leaving thier docks
And Nigeria as usual did a shitty job at checking the content too before making it go downstream
Ajeh, this country is on autopilot

1 Like

Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by Tannhauser(m): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2022
grin

Have they blamed PDP yet?
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by PHIPEX(m): 10:55am On Feb 10, 2022
Is NNPC no longer the sole importer of fuel?
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by BigAP(m): 10:56am On Feb 10, 2022
They've started. Shamelessly talking about importing fuel to an oil-rich country.
And I even thought it's only NNPC that imports fuel undecided

Anyway, for those that want extra income online. If an extra 50k weekly is not too small for you, kindly rush to my signature to get some FREE materials that'll he'll you get started in affiliate marketing.
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by Maxymilliano(m): 10:58am On Feb 10, 2022
Buck passing is the Hallmark of this clueless administration
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by seborrhic: 10:59am On Feb 10, 2022
So a company (MRS) lied without shame.
If companies like MRS can openly lie about like this,then they would take lying on fuel consumed and subsidy payment as an everyday tea party
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by Slyle(m): 11:01am On Feb 10, 2022
The stupidity, shamelessness and nonchalant attitude of government and it's various agencies in Nigeria knows no bounds. Is NNPC or it's subsidiaries not supposed to inspect these products at the point when they were imported? (as shame no dey dem face say dem dey import petroleum products again). Plus shebi dem talk say na NNPC be sole importers of petroleum products before... Kwantry wey na olosho give am name, wetin I bin dey expect sef.... Smh..... Na so so yeye news person go dey hear and see.
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 10, 2022
joey150:
This is not only laughable but is also[b] a direct mockery of the collective intelligence of 200 million Nigerians.[/b]

If we somehow agree that your inspection protocol, which I highly doubt tested that particular batch of fuel, missed the methanol check, did they also miss the visual check?

Upon importation to Nigeria, was this particular batch of fuel even visually inspected? From the ports to the tanker and then upon discharge and receipt from the filling station? Anybody with decent vision can tell that something was terribly wrong with that petrol on first look.

We all know that most of the fuel being imported into this country is substandard. But this is a new low! Goes to show the impunity and dereliction of duty that happens on a monumental scale in this country. To the saddening extent that even the source of this contaminated fuel cannot be traced. In the end, there will be no punishment for such obvious incompetence, just business and suffering as usual for the citizens of the largest black populous country in the world.

is it today? look around you in all aspects of Nigerian life, what makes you think Nigerians are intelligent? Every thing about Nigeria suggest we are not intelligent people. So please stop suggesting they are making a mockery of our intelligence when we dont show that we are intelligent.

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by hotseat: 11:02am On Feb 10, 2022
Ok oh.
But I read somewhere they said is only NNPC that is importing fuel.

Make una no vex, what about the 8 modular refinery Buhari promised he will be building 1 per year till his tenure finish. Asking for a friend.

Please, let's just pretend that this administration never existed.

Buhari simply hijacked the petroleum ministry and went to sleep with his now well known propensity for failure.

Well, let's just hope that the Dangote Refinery would savage this ugly scenario.
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by Sapeleboy911(m): 11:07am On Feb 10, 2022
Tell me something, so, during the quality inspection process, the inspectors close their eyes? Or they are color blind victims? Also, I thought NNPC is the sole importer of PMS in this country?

At the end of the day, Nigerians are truly the problem of Nigeria. When appointments are not being made on merits basis this is what you get. In saner climes, Kyari would have been invited for interrogations.
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by baralatie(m): 11:07am On Feb 10, 2022
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by FreeStuffsNG: 11:08am On Feb 10, 2022
Duke Oil is owned by NNPC while Oando and others help to ship around the country . MRS already issued a denial

Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by otokx(m): 11:11am On Feb 10, 2022
Typically Nigerian to blame everyone but themselves. In other climes, public hearing will be held to determine the remote causes.
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by baralatie(m): 11:12am On Feb 10, 2022
otokx:
Typically Nigerian to blame everyone but themselves. In other climes, public hearing will be held to determine the remote causes.
Which one is remote causes!
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by sterlingD(m): 11:14am On Feb 10, 2022
And there was a country.
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by MisterMan123456: 11:15am On Feb 10, 2022
This is a shame on buharis govt. Isn't there a quality inspection team from nnpc that takes samples from all vessels, who take it to the lab for quality analysis? NNPC and the govt are very stupid for even coming out to blame the importers, when they failed jn their responsibilities. I HATE NIGERIA, I hate BUHARI
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by joyandfaith: 11:15am On Feb 10, 2022
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by jaxxy(m): 11:16am On Feb 10, 2022
They need to be sanctioned
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by Wakanakarue: 11:18am On Feb 10, 2022
Corruption too much for this administration. Everyone is just acting carelessly like nobody gives a f about the mannequin. Once malami approves they move.

Very useless set lipsrsealed

Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by mrvictor: 11:18am On Feb 10, 2022
And who is the Petroleum Minister again?
Hold him responsible. He is at the centre of this fraudulent mess.
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by goody234: 11:31am On Feb 10, 2022
Importing petrol from belgium i thought Nigeria was a oil producing country !!....The saboteurs in this country shall see no peace ..Ordinary belgium you have to import petrol from the desperation in this country nah wa o
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by goody234: 11:34am On Feb 10, 2022
MisterMan123456:
This is a shame on buharis govt. Isn't there a quality inspection team from nnpc that takes samples from all vessels, who take it to the lab for quality analysis? NNPC and the govt are very stupid for even coming out to blame the importers, when they failed jn their responsibilities. I HATE NIGERIA, I hate BUHARI

Exactly the inspectors got a big bribe to let it pass through ...once you get a bottled sample you will know just by looking at it it is adulterated
This was a big bribe job the inspectors should hold a press conference if they dare !! ....

1 Like

Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by eldoradoxx: 11:35am On Feb 10, 2022
"The NNPC quality inspectors including GMO, SGS, GeoChem and G&G conducted tests before discharge also showed that the gasoline met Nigerian specification. As a standard practice for all PMS import to Nigeria, the cargoes were equally certified by inspection agent appointed by the Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority has met Nigerian specification.

"It is important to note that the usual quality inspection protocol employed in both the load port in Belgium and our discharge ports in Nigeria do not include the test for Percent methanol content and therefore the additive was not detected by our quality inspectors."
[b]
A sound President that knows what he is doing would have sacked the GMD of NNPC and all those involved for this mess. 317 million litres at #165 per litre is almost half of Nigeria's, 2022 budget, gone down the drain.
How can quality tests be carried out yet could not detect that it is not in accordance with specification.
[/b]
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by Forumobserver12(m): 11:36am On Feb 10, 2022
I thought APC government told Nigerians ecently that it's only NNPC that imports fuel into the country and sells to markers?

Why can't this government be truthful and transparent in her dealings for once?
Re: NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel by adamsmith914: 11:38am On Feb 10, 2022
BleedTears:
Ok oh.
But I read somewhere they said is only NNPC that is importing fuel.

Make una no vex, what about the 8 modular refinery Buhari promised he will be building 1 per year till his tenure finish. Asking for a friend
Buhari promised to build what refinery? till tomorrow NNPC is still using Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) of the existing refineries, you are assuming build new ones?

Government has no business building refineries, that is private sector jurisdiction.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Did Nigeria And Africa Go Wrong Since 1960? / VIDEO: Lagos Transport Commissioner Embarrassed At Gani Memorial Event / Military Releases Detained Al Jazeera Journalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.