Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,531 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) (21575 Views)

APC Chairmen, 3,000 Members Defect To PDP In Edo / Governor Akeredolu Distributes Soft Loans, Tractors To Farmers In Ondo (PHOTOS) / Bayelsa: 8 Lawmakers, 11 Commissioners, 6 LGA Chairmen, 83 Councillors Decamp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by heniford2: 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
Sanromeo:
•Says His Administration Will Not Touch LG Funds

Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has distributed 18 Units of JMC Pick Up utility vehicles for the use of the 18 Local Government Chairmen across the state.

The Governor also handed over three Pick Up vehicles to the State Security Network, codenamed “Amotekun”, as part of his administration’s efforts to boost security operation in the state.

The vehicles were handed over to the council chairmen and the Special Adviser to the Governor on Security Matters, who doubles as the Commander of the Amotekun corps, Chief Adetunji Adeleye, at the Governor’s office, Alagbaka, Akure on Thursday.

Governor Akeredolu explained that the vehicles were bought and distributed to the local government chairmen in order to ensure smooth operations at the local government level.

Recall that the Governor last year commissioned and distributed 18 units of SEM–919 Motor Graders for the usage of the 18 local governments in the state.

Arakunrin Akeredolu disclosed that his administration will never touch money meant for the local governments but will continue to ensure that the funds are properly used.

He said the vehicles distributed were bought from money which was saved from the local government fund, particularly remaining fund gathered after payment of workers.

Governor Akeredolu warned that the vehicles are not meant for individuals, stressing that they are bought for the local councils for the use of the chairmen.

He charged the chairmen to use the vehicles very well, adding that it should be used for work purposes.

“To the Local Government Chairmen, I want to congratulate you. Under the able leadership of the Deputy Governor and your commissioner, they have done well. You chose to find a way for us to be able to buy these vehicles. I advised that you save up for sometime and we arrange for these vehicles to come and you complete payment on installment. I am glad that you only have one installment to complete it now.

“These vehicles are not for any individual. We have not bought vehicle for any Individual. We have bought these vehicles for each local government. And for the chairman to use. Use these vehicles very well. You are chairman today, but you may not be tomorrow. Use it very well. Because when you leave, you are not taking it away.

“When you leave here, get to ODIRS, get the vehicles registered in the name of the local government. Put the number plate there for all to see. Don’t cover number plates. Any vehicle that the number is covered, Amotekun will impound it. We have discussed it at the security council. Only Governor and the Deputy Governor are allowed. Get the number of headquarters of each of the local government,” he said.

Governor Akeredolu also disclosed that the three vehicles bought for Amotekun from the local government savings were important due to the roles of government in security, adding that since the local government is a tier of government, it has to be involved.

“The essence of this is for all of us to know that we are not forcing anything on anyone. The money you have now, use it to clear the road verges. These vehicles are for you to work and it can go on any terrain,” he noted.

Earlier, the Deputy Governor, Hon. Lucky Aiyedatiwa, commended the Governor for his transparency in the local government administration.

He said: "Since the inception of this administration, you have never touched local government money. When I presented that we needed to save their money for capital project, you graciously approved. Part of that is what we used to purchase these vehicles for the smooth operation of local government in the state. 18 units for local governments and three for Amotekun corps.”

The chairman of the Association of Local Government of Nigeria (ALGON), Ondo State chapter, and Chairman, Akoko Southwest local government, Hon. Augustine Oloruntogbe, who spoke on behalf of his colleagues, thanked Governor Akeredolu for always supporting the local council chairmen in the state.

Richard Olatunde
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Ondo State.
February 10, 2022.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=494013308749690&id=100044230756186
why can't he support Innocence manufacturing company save cost rather than outside China them boosting there economy,All he used this to loot money outside nothing yorubas are not capable of doing... undecided undecided undecided grin
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
Godjone:
guy you dey regular here ooo

The person is very patriotic. No hate against the Northerners,Nor Against Yoruba,Nor Anyone. When someone try to insult Northerners,this person will fight him.

This person is supporting APC without insulting others.
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by naija1stnigar(m): 5:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
Godfullsam:
Well done Mr governor. My governor is doing well..

God bless Ondo state

God bless south west

God bless Nigeria
you don't live in Ondo if you do I believe you won't come to nairaland to speak trash. For your information Akeredolu stopped our school children from having access to free school buses, Akure that was once the delight of it's dwellers at night because of shining street lights has now been riddled with utter darkness, the Adekunle Ajasin university Akungba that was once the cheapest state university in Nigeria is now one of the most expensive state universities in the nation. Oga, please don't stay afar and be discussing what you don't see because of free 10mb.
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by BamideleIyanu89: 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
Beejayy20:

alaye say what you know, akeredolu didn't owe any civil servants but i can't say for pensioners

You don’t know what you are saying
He is owing and you are saying trash
Maybe you no dy Ondo
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by emilo2bad: 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
Moferere:

He's doing well by sharing vehicles?
When last did he pay salary to civil servants?
When last did he pay pensions?
Without any disrespect, Akeredolu is the most useless Governor in the history of our state
I feel you bro we are on the same page. People who don't live in ondo state will come to nairaland to vomit rubbish
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by debayor95: 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
Meanwhile, four local govt didn't have light for the past 10yrs. Lol...
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by lereinter(m): 6:04pm On Feb 10, 2022
3 cars only for the whole amotekun of Ondo state

This governor is a lawyer and former NBA president

Apc is satanic
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by masseratti: 6:04pm On Feb 10, 2022
It's so sad that local governments can generate revenues on their selves and buy common suv trucks of less than 20 million naira
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by Uspic300: 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
I have always said that they need it
straynt56: Up Ghana. com. The site is nice. Ghanaian also need a platform like NL to generate their own content

Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by Godfullsam(m): 6:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
naija1stnigar:
you don't live in Ondo if you do I believe you won't come to nairaland to speak trash. For your information Akeredolu stopped our school children from having access to free school buses, Akure that was once the delight of it's dwellers at night because of shining street lights has now been riddled with utter darkness, the Adekunle Ajasin university Akungba that was once the cheapest state university in Nigeria is now one of the most expensive state universities in the nation. Oga, please don't stay afar and be discussing what you don't see because of free 10mb.

Mr man you can always make your comments without any insult.

Don't come here and pure your frustration and anger on anyone o.

I am only commending him for the vehicle he distributed, I don't stay in Ondo state to judge if he has been doing very well or not.
It is you people living in the state that voted for him. You can go to government House in akure and cry if you want to be heard.
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by Olumide460: 6:30pm On Feb 10, 2022
Beejayy20:

alaye say what you know, akeredolu didn't owe any civil servants but i can't say for pensioners
Tell me you're not from ondo state without telling me you're not from ondo state, Akeredolu just paid September salary
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by Nomiyesupersaint: 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
Well done my TALK AND DO Governor.
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by saderele: 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
If the vehicles are not from Innoson APC is a failure. APC government is forcing we citizen to patronize locally made products but they kept patronizing foreign products.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by WUMIFAN(m): 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2022
What's he doing about cost of education at unimed,no salary for months at AAUA.our youths are running to other states for medical related courses thereby finding it difficult to get admission. Where is state House of assembly in this matter
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by naija1stnigar(m): 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
Godfullsam:

Mr man you can always make your comments without any insult.

Don't come here and pure your frustration and anger on anyone o.

I am only commending him for the vehicle he distributed, I don't stay in Ondo state to judge if he has been doing very well or not.
It is you people living in the state that voted for him. You can go to government House in akure and cry if you want to be heard.

sorry if you feel offended, I don't mean to insult you but all I want to say is that these governors shouldn't be praised from far distance, the guy is one of the worst performing governors in terms of human development.
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by delightglobal(m): 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
[quosmiles grin grin ;Dte author=meliziz12 post=110120466]Is like that Governor is doing his best for that state. All we want are leaders that will at least spend 60% of the money gotten during their administration. Nothing exempt any of them from chronic and endemic corruption. Just spend and eat the rest. Sanwolu akeredelu, Obiano and few others trying their best.[/quote]
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by delightglobal(m): 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
[smiles grin grin ;Dte author=meliziz12 post=110120466]Is like that Governor is doing his best for that state. All we want are leaders that will at least spend 60% of the money gotten during their administration. Nothing exempt any of them from chronic and endemic corruption. Just spend and eat the rest. Sanwolu akeredelu, Obiano and few others trying their best.[/quote]
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by Bamzyriches451: 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
Damn!!
Nice one
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by ceaser: 8:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
This is a shame.

Local Government used to be autonomous. They used to have enough funds to purchase for themselves facility vehicles and official vehicles. They used to own farm tractors, low beds, graders and a number of heavy duty vehicles that is needed in administering governance to the people at their grassroot level.

Now they have to be waiting for crumbs like this pick up trucks from governors simply because they (governors) have refused to obey the FG's call for LG autonomy. No thanks to OBJ that messed things up for the LG. Yet the governors also want some level of autonomy from the FG.

One of the good things among many bad things that Buhari did was trying to credit LG accounts directly, not paying their FAAC money with the state government into the same account. It of course, somehow the state governor still has some influence over the LG allocation the moment it is paid. The local government chairmen pander to the state governors and they simply hand over the allocation to the governor who then cuts a crumb out of it for the chairmen.
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by dunsin125: 9:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Beejayy20:

You know nothing bro, he is owning everybody in that state. Why do you think the school fees of UNIMED was increased recently?
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by Poleski: 9:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
Moferere:

Without any disrespect, Akeredolu is the most useless Governor in the history of our state

I don't know your governor quite well, but I must bring to your knowledge the most useless governor in Nigeria today in the person of Okezie IKPUazu of Abia,my State.
The guy owes workers 30+ months of salary arrears and pensioners are totally forgotten!
The only governor who had to rebuild substandard roads he built after 3 months of completion.
IKPUazu is the worst of the worst!
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by Mycometp3(m): 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
Everything na ceremony
Poleski:

I don't know your governor quite well, but I must bring to your knowledge the most useless governor in Nigeria today in the person of Okezie IKPUazu of Abia,my State.
The guy owes workers 30+ months of salary arrears and pensioners are totally forgotten!
The only governor who had to rebuild substandard roads he built after 3 months of completion.
IKPUazu is the worst of the worst!
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by Moferere: 11:12pm On Feb 10, 2022
Beejayy20:

Are you high? Poly and akungba workers are not civil servants? undecided
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by Moferere: 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2022
Beejayy20:

Teachers are not civil servants
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by sokera: 12:33am On Feb 11, 2022
Moferere:

Yes he did well and he manage the security well … where in Ondo are you from ?
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by RichyAD(m): 8:52am On Feb 11, 2022
Beejayy20:

Na ogun go kill you for saying he doesn't owe civil servants

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by Pat081: 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2022
Goodmarlian:
The best and most caring governor in the southwest.
says who? Ask government workers in that state
Re: Akeredolu Distributes 18 Pick Up Vehicles To LGA Chairmen, 3 To Amotekun (pics) by Moferere: 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2022
sokera:

Yes he did well and he manage the security well … where in Ondo are you from ?
Don't sit on nairaland and type rubbish. I am a full fledged ondo born. I am presently in Ọwọ for weekend. Can you travel from Ọwọ to Okelusẹ, or to Ifọn?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petroleum: Aradel Holdings Modular Refinery Ready For Operation Soon / CCB Invites Tunji-Ojo Over Alleged N438m Contract Scam / Jonathan, Alamieyeseigha, Others To Attend Dickson’s Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.