Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,802 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Turing Resource - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Turing Resource (1431 Views)

Must I Have Worked For A Company To Be Eligible For Turing.com Job? / Turing Live Coding Challenge / Turing.com Live Coding Interview Preparation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turing Resource by islamics(m): 2:22pm On Feb 10, 2022
Hello developer in the house,
Please has anybody here gotten into turing.com? If yes, please which resources did you use in preparing. Or if anyone in your network has got in, would you mind sharing resources to study?
I have been doing leetcode small small and learning come DS stuff by the side but I want to know if there are other resources I should devour before writing the coding assessment.

qtguru
tensazagentsu20
et al.....
Abeg make una help out if possible
Re: Turing Resource by islamics(m): 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2022
Hannania
Good evening Sir,
Please I have some little question about Java:
Did you add a front end skill like react or angular to your skillset before landing a role?
Do you think JSP or thymeleaf is still relevant to the present day job search for a Java role?
I will soon round off the Coursera specialization course that you once recommend.
My end goal is to land a remote role with Java.
Re: Turing Resource by Hannania(m): 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2022
islamics:
Hannania
Good evening Sir,
Please I have some little question about Java:
Did you add a front end skill like react or angular to your skillset before landing a role?
Do you think JSP or thymeleaf is still relevant to the present-day job search for a Java role?
I will soon round off the Coursera specialization course that you once recommend.
My end goal is to land a remote role with Java.
If you're aiming for the backend, cloud skills should be your priority. Unless you intend to go full stack, please avoid any front-end framework and work on Spring/Springboot while solidifying your database knowledge

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turing Resource by islamics(m): 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2022
Hannania:
If you're aiming for the backend, cloud skills should be your priority. Unless you intend to go full stack, please avoid any front-end framework and work on Spring/Springbrook while solidifying your database knowledge
Okay Sir. Thanks.
I already have plans for cloud skill.
DB knowledge never solidify yet but would hone it soon.
Re: Turing Resource by mentro: 10:02am On Nov 21, 2022
Hannania:
If you're aiming for the backend, cloud skills should be your priority. Unless you intend to go full stack, please avoid any front-end framework and work on Spring/Springbrook while solidifying your database knowledge
How do we get cloud skills without practicing? I have stopped using my AWS account to learn after massive withdrawal from them, I've decided on getting the certifications rather as a newbie.
Re: Turing Resource by Hannania(m): 11:13am On Nov 21, 2022
mentro:

How do we get cloud skills without practicing? I have stopped using my AWS account to learn after massive withdrawal from them, I've decided on getting the certifications rather as a newbie.
I don't know of much alternatives.
Re: Turing Resource by LikeAking: 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2022
Thread derailers make una calm down..

Op go practice ya DSA well, when u start solving the hard questions then take Turing ecxam.

I have done mine, it not too long.. I passed all I took so far.. I have the last one to write may b dis weekend..or next... I am building tins.. so busy...

Take dia practice test first..

1 Like

Re: Turing Resource by malawi101(m): 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
LikeAking:

Op go practice ya DSA well, when u start solving the hard questions then take Turing ecxam.

I have done mine, it not too long.. I passed all I took so far.. I have the last one to write may b dis weekend..or next... I am building tins.. so busy...

How was it like? What kind of questions?
Re: Turing Resource by LikeAking: 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
malawi101:

How was it like? What kind of questions?

Mine was abot react and JS = easy

1 Like

Re: Turing Resource by malawi101(m): 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2022
Like how many rounds of interview? What data structures were you asked, BST,Heaps Tries or LinkedList?

LikeAking:

Mine was abot react and JS = easy
Re: Turing Resource by LikeAking: 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2022
malawi101:
Like how many rounds of interview? What data structures were you asked, BST,Heaps Tries or LinkedList?

Check dia practice question... Just normal DSA... Nothing too complicated..
Re: Turing Resource by malawi101(m): 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
Thank you

LikeAking:

Check dia practice question... Just normal DSA... Nothing too complicated..

Re: Turing Resource by islamics(m): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2022
LikeAking:

Just seeing this. Mine was for Java. I know I was asked first question on array and the other on graph. It was the graph own that I f up.

Do you mean the practice questions before the test or they have a section for practice questions?
Again, most practice questions don't really reflect the level of difficulty of the question.

As for leetcode, na easy I dey battle with. Some easy question are hard in disguise. Though my knowledge of some structure don improve sha
Re: Turing Resource by LikeAking: 10:28am On Nov 27, 2022
islamics:

Just seeing this. Mine was for Java. I know I was asked first question on array and the other on graph. It was the graph own that I f up.

Do you mean the practice questions before the test or they have a section for practice questions?
Again, most practice questions don't really reflect the level of difficulty of the question.

As for leetcode, na easy I dey battle with. Some easy question are hard in disguise. Though my knowledge of some structure don improve sha

The practice question is on a diff page.. Although they will prompt u to take it bf taking d real one.
Re: Turing Resource by islamics(m): 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2022
LikeAking:

The practice question is on a diff page.. Although they will prompt u to take it bf taking d real one.

I actually took the practice question of valid parenthesis' and 'baseball stuff'. I pass those one. Once I improve my knowledge of graph/tree, I am retaking the test again.
Re: Turing Resource by LikeAking: 12:14am On Nov 29, 2022
islamics:

I actually took the practice question of valid parenthesis' and 'baseball stuff'. I pass those one. Once I improve my knowledge of graph/tree, I am retaking the test again.

Great!

2 Likes

Re: Turing Resource by Saverin: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2022
Hannania:
If you're aiming for the backend, cloud skills should be your priority. Unless you intend to go full stack, please avoid any front-end framework and work on Spring/Springboot while solidifying your database knowledge

https://twitter.com/vikasrajputin/status/1590923274451488768?t=n7NtDw1rVTHN3S6JPx7Jag&s=19

Oga Hannia, I saw this simple structured curriculum for java backend. Please can I go with this or is there an omission or addition?

I am using codewithmosh Java & DSA course.
Re: Turing Resource by Hannania(m): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2022
Saverin:

https://twitter.com/vikasrajputin/status/1590923274451488768?t=n7NtDw1rVTHN3S6JPx7Jag&s=19

Oga Hannia, I saw this simple structured curriculum for java backend. Please can I go with this or is there an omission or addition?

I am using codewithmosh Java & DSA course.
The path is similar to what I detailed sometime past. But always learn with the latest resources of every tutorial you learn. Mosh is one of the legends in Java on youtube. Though his paid courses are more rich .

So yeah, he's right. But please go with project based learning

1 Like

Re: Turing Resource by Saverin: 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2022
Hannania:
The path is similar to what I detailed sometime past. But always learn with the latest resources of every tutorial you learn. Mosh is one of the legends in Java on youtube. Though his paid courses are more rich .

So yeah, he's right. But please go with project based learning

Thanks for the reply. I have full codewithmosh course on Java and DSA based on Java. I will use latest course for each section. Pls can you give more details on this "project based learning"?
Re: Turing Resource by Hannania(m): 7:24pm On Dec 15, 2022
Saverin:

Thanks for the reply. I have full codewithmosh course on Java and DSA based on Java. I will use latest course for each section. Pls can you give more details on this "project based learning"?
When you learn the basic syntax build something with them Utilizing all core fundamentals like For loops and core data structures of Java. After that, when you get to the OOP stage, this is where you need to build a few projects that make you solidify those concepts properly. By then you can now take a future project you want to have on your portfolio and then start learning to implement them gradually e.g CMS, Travel apps, Browser extensions, Syntax checkers, URL Short etc.

Let me give you A unique project that is not popular. You can build a Software based on the Binary search Algorithms on Spring boot that retrieves data from Google Map API that calculates distance based on user input grin. It's not complex when you learn what's needed. APIs are beautiful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turing Resource by Saverin: 8:00am On Dec 18, 2022
Hannania:
When you learn the basic syntax build something with them Utilizing all core fundamentals like For loops and core data structures of Java. After that, when you get to the OOP stage, this is where you need to build a few projects that make you solidify those concepts properly. By then you can now take a future project you want to have on your portfolio and then start learning to implement them gradually e.g CMS, Travel apps, Browser extensions, Syntax checkers, URL Short etc.

Let me give you A unique project that is not popular. You can build a Software based on the Binary search Algorithms on Spring boot that retrieves data from Google Map API that calculates distance based on user input grin. It's not complex when you learn what's needed. APIs are beautiful

Thank you so much. Pls is there any WhatsApp/Slack/Discord... group I can join for mentorships?

(1) (Reply)

Problem Connecting Mssql Management Studio To The Server / Smpp Professional With Good Knowledge Of The Nigerian Market. / Blogging The Hacker Way.... (octopress On Windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.