Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,880 members, 7,810,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Must I Have Worked For A Company To Be Eligible For Turing.com Job? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Must I Have Worked For A Company To Be Eligible For Turing.com Job? (916 Views)

Turing Resource / Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? / Turing.com Live Coding Interview Preparation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must I Have Worked For A Company To Be Eligible For Turing.com Job? by Olly234: 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2023
I am a fullstack web developer with 8 years experience focusing on the technologies; vuejs, javascript, laravel, php, html5/css3... I have built apps for clients and I possess a senior-level expertise in what I do. I have been in web dev mainly as a personal side hustle and I have never been employed by a company specifically for this reason and have no company-employed work experience for this.
Signing up in turing.com, I am learning that turing.com puts a heavy emphasis on employed work experience--and going on with the process means you have to lie your way through all the questionaires. Does this mean that turing.com only considers developers with employment experience and am not eligible?

1 Like

Re: Must I Have Worked For A Company To Be Eligible For Turing.com Job? by qtguru(m): 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
Olly234:
I am a fullstack web developer with 8 years experience focusing on the technologies; vuejs, javascript, laravel, php, html5/css3... I have built apps for clients and I possess a senior-level expertise in what I do. I have been in web dev mainly as a personal side hustle and I have never been employed by a company specifically for this reason and have no company-employed work experience for this.
Signing up in turing.com, I am learning that turing.com puts a heavy emphasis on employed work experience--and going on with the process means you have to lie your way through all the questionaires. Does this mean that turing.com only considers developers with employment experience and am not eligible?

Use Clients as Work experience

4 Likes

Re: Must I Have Worked For A Company To Be Eligible For Turing.com Job? by Olly234: 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2023
qtguru:

Use Clients as Work experience

Theres no option for it.
Re: Must I Have Worked For A Company To Be Eligible For Turing.com Job? by qtguru(m): 7:03pm On Jan 25, 2023
Olly234:

There's no option for it.

Maybe you can factor it into the resume.

2 Likes

Re: Must I Have Worked For A Company To Be Eligible For Turing.com Job? by spartan117(m): 10:50am On Jan 26, 2023
You can put what you want on the résumé.

To my knowledge Turing prioritizes it's DSA interview when it comes to hiring developers. To qualify for the interview you must first pass all the online tests in your chosen tech stack.

If you are able to ace the coding and behavioural interviews you will be hired as a Turing developer irrespective of where you've worked before.

2 Likes

Re: Must I Have Worked For A Company To Be Eligible For Turing.com Job? by Olly234: 3:40am On Feb 18, 2023
Thank You all.
Re: Must I Have Worked For A Company To Be Eligible For Turing.com Job? by DMCA: 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2023
spartan117:
You can put what you want on the résumé.

To my knowledge Turing prioritizes it's DSA interview when it comes to hiring developers. To qualify for the interview you must first pass all the online tests in your chosen tech stack.

If you are able to ace the coding and behavioural interviews you will be hired as a Turing developer irrespective of where you've worked before.
ChatGPT will help people cheat grin

(1) (Reply)

Play Console Nigeria Cards / It Bookshops / Please Help !its Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.