Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,222 members, 7,811,621 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S (34981 Views)

See The Mass Exodus Of Igbos Going Home For Christmas - Photos / My Exodus And Life In The U.S / Police Found 39 Frozen Bodies Inside A Refrigerated Trailer In The U.K.(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by kaykith05(m): 5:26am On Feb 11, 2022
Life in naija turned out “not to be a bed of roses”, especially when I left tertiary school. I was ambitious and had dreams and plans, and I thank God I’m not the lazy type (according to one of our presdo), so I had to hustle to sustain and also save up for better plans.

Before I gained admission, I had this phone skill; like I know the in and out of most phone, from the days of 3310 to the Java phone era to Symbian OS glory days to practically any phone type, so it was pretty easy for me to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve software related problems of every kind and a lil bit of hardware knowledge.

While in school, through a friend, I motivated myself, bought myself my 1st laptop (compaq presario) and my friends saw me as a big boy but that wasn’t the case. I was hustling for over a month, while school had resumed to save and buy it but nobody knew. I’m also thankful to God for my academic prowess, I’m not the best, but I do catch up quickly, so staying away for a month didn’t mean too much. I got enrolled in a computer training on campus, that was my intro to IT (my dream).

Live was easy and sweet on campus, even though there are days that I drank garri and trekked to lecture, it was overall a lovely experience.

Fast forward to after graduation, I couldn’t get a good paying job except teaching, which I did for a couple of months and it even made my financial life miserable. So I fell back to my God-given strength went back to a labor-intensive job which I hustled while in school. The pay was good as I could save up to a 100k in a month during peak seasons; that’s aside my daily spendings and weekend balling.

It was now time to have a plan for my life (phone accessories and digital entertainment business). Hustled hard for about 4 months, raised a substantial amount (no amount is ever enough for that biznez), just to start up something.

First few months was kinda dull, business wise but I had strong faith and hope, and that is the “KEY”. After one year, there was visible growth in the business; 2nd year, I expanded my shop. 3rd year saw strategic improvements; 4th year, I added phone sales to the business.

2 years later, added Laptop sales to it. Also I bought my 1st car after 3 years in business, sold It and bought another (Toyota fisheye) after 2 years. Then I bought (Camry muscle) before disposing the fisheye.

And lest I forget, I got married to a darling based in the US. A lot of things happened in between these times which time will not permit me to share but we never gave up. Like 2baba said “if dem tell you say e easy, na set-up”, man’s got to always forge ahead.

Watch out for part 2 which is (My Exodus) another day, I rest for now.

Here’s me marketing my car before traveling out.
https://www.nairaland.com/6533632/toyota-camry-sport-muscle-2009

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by gaby(m): 6:08am On Feb 11, 2022
Interesting...

I'm following with keen interest.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by buttlover(m): 6:27am On Feb 11, 2022
I'm here
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by ifex370(m): 6:29am On Feb 11, 2022
kaykith05:
Life in naija turned out “not to be a bed of roses”, especially when I left tertiary school. I was ambitious and had dreams and plans, and I thank God I’m not the lazy type (according to one of our presdo), so I had to hustle to sustain and also save up for better plans.
Before I gained admission, I had this phone skill; like I know the in and out of most phone, from the days of 3310 to the Java phone era to Symbian OS glory days to practically any phone type, so it was pretty easy for me to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve software related problems of every kind and a lil bit of hardware knowledge. While in school, through a friend, I motivated myself , bought myself my 1st laptop (compaq presario) and my friends saw me as a big boy but that wasn’t the case. I was hustling for over a month, while school had resumed to save and buy it but nobody knew. I’m also thankful to God for my academic prowess, I’m not the best, but I do catch up quickly, so staying away for a month didn’t mean too much. I got enrolled in a computer training on campus, that was my intro to IT (my dream). Live was easy and sweet on campus, even though there are days that I drank garri and trekked to lecture, it was overall a lovely experience.
Fast forward to after graduation, I couldn’t get a good paying job except teaching, which I did for a couple of months and it even made my financial life miserable. So I fell back to my God-given strength went back to a labor-intensive job which I hustled while in school. The pay was good as I could save up to a 100k in a month during peak seasons; that’s aside my daily spendings and weekend balling. It was now time to have a plan for my life (phone accessories and digital entertainment business). Hustled hard for about 4 months, raised a substantial amount (no amount is ever enough for that biznez), just to start up something.
First few months was kinda dull, business wise but I had strong faith and hope, and that is the “KEY”. After one year, there was visible growth in the business; 2nd year, I expanded my shop. 3rd year saw strategic improvements; 4th year, I added phone sales to the business. 2 years later , added Laptop sales to it. Also I bought my 1st car after 3 years in business, sold It and bought another(Toyota fisheye) after 2 years. Then I bought (Camry muscle) before disposing the fisheye. And lest I forget, I got married to a darling based in the US. A lot of things happened in between these times which time will not permit me to share but we never gave up. Like 2baba said “if dem tell you say e easy, na set-up”, man’s got to always forge ahead.

Mention me when you post
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Iamajala: 6:36am On Feb 11, 2022
Makes sense, phone biz is a lucrative business especially the software aspect, it has also fetch me alot of money beyond my expectations.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by DannyFX2638: 10:13am On Feb 11, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by GraphicsMaster1: 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
Oya na
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Omniman(m): 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
tongue
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by arthurwillia(m): 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
These are good stories we wan Dey hear not aspire to perspire
See growth here
Not making 1 billion from what you self cannot explain and forming big boy owning clubs here and there

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by ohosi4real(m): 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
Am presently in US....
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by rentAcock(m): 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
You hustled in Nigeria and succeeded. You are on an exponential trajectory in Nigeria as it is, whatever you do, do no relocate to the U.S.

You will be miserable there. You may end up working at Mcdonald serving food or end up as a security guard or at the very best a taxi driver. Your U.S based wife may talk down on you because she feels like she brought you to the U.S and also because she will likely be the bread winner of the house. Nigerians in the U.S especially in Houston, have the highest divorce rate and domestic homicide rate than anyone else. And that's because a a majority of the U.S based Nigerian women are nurses making good money while their husbands are minimum wage earners doing menial jobs. They feel like they can talk to their husbands anyhow and one day the husband reacts and kills the woman.

IF you are into IT, you can work remotely right here in Nigeria. I know a couple friends working for Amazon Web Services from Nigeria, they get paid in dollars and they earn nothing less than $300,000 annually by working for different companies. I wish you all the best, but don't say you weren't warned.

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by bouncin04(m): 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
angry
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by TheABOMINATION: 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
hmm
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by handelm: 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
Enlightenment, keep it going op
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Olam09(m): 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
Okay
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by GOTVee: 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
sad
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by phoneport(m): 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
Hmmm hope you have settled your village people before you come out here with this your announcement.

Or the struggle may not Exodus out of Naija o shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by obembet(f): 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
M
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by SultanOfPuna: 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
K
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Hndrrxxx(m): 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by nkemoma(m): 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2022
Me i like my country, i like the town and people

Everything e deee for Nigeriiiiiaaaa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by LagosNissan: 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
Okay o
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Oem18(m): 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
Del
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Oxb90: 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
Those into yahoo and those intending to join make una come hear. There is dignity in labour.

6 Likes

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by vincentcena22: 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
No need for part two. Na film you de act?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by OMOJOHN001: 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2022
Na still Set up, You want Set us Up.
You've done well,
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2022
All these storyteller on Amazon.

2 Likes

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by raphemmanuel(m): 2:55pm On Feb 11, 2022
Here to learn
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by goodyvin02(m): 2:56pm On Feb 11, 2022
Start naa, or you want make we beg you?
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Saintdan0421(m): 2:56pm On Feb 11, 2022
kaykith05:

Before I gained admission, I had this phone skill; like I know the in and out of most phone, from the days of 3310 to the Java phone era to Symbian OS glory days to practically any phone type, so it was pretty easy for me to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve software related problems of every kind and a lil bit of hardware knowledge.

While in school, through a friend, I motivated myself, bought myself my 1st laptop (compaq presario) and my friends saw me as a big boy but that wasn’t the case. I was hustling for over a month, while school had resumed to save and buy it but nobody knew. I’m also thankful to God for my academic prowess, I’m not the best, but I do catch up quickly, so staying away for a month didn’t mean too much. I got enrolled in a computer training on campus, that was my intro to IT (my dream).

Live was easy and sweet on campus, even though there are days that I drank garri and trekked to lecture, it was overall a lovely experience.

Fast forward to after graduation, I couldn’t get a good paying job except teaching, which I did for a couple of months and it even made my financial life miserable. So I fell back to my God-given strength went back to a labor-intensive job which I hustled while in school. The pay was good as I could save up to a 100k in a month during peak seasons; that’s aside my daily spendings and weekend balling.

It was now time to have a plan for my life (phone accessories and digital entertainment business). Hustled hard for about 4 months, raised a substantial amount (no amount is ever enough for that biznez), just to start up something.

First few months was kinda dull, business wise but I had strong faith and hope, and that is the “KEY”. After one year, there was visible growth in the business; 2nd year, I expanded my shop. 3rd year saw strategic improvements; 4th year, I added phone sales to the business.

2 years later, added Laptop sales to it. Also I bought my 1st car after 3 years in business, sold It and bought another (Toyota fisheye) after 2 years. Then I bought (Camry muscle) before disposing the fisheye.

And lest I forget, I got married to a darling based in the US. A lot of things happened in between these times which time will not permit me to share but we never gave up. Like 2baba said “if dem tell you say e easy, na set-up”, man’s got to always forge ahead.

Wow, now one op.
Hope one day we too go make am like u..

Graduated 2018, have been job hunting since.
Well now I dived into fashion design. But i must confess life in Naija is good as hell.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Help: How Can I Track My Uk Visa Application - Applicant Status / Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos / Fire Outbreak In Ibadan: Fuel Tanker Exploded.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.