Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter (34384 Views)

Court Strikes Out Emefiele Brothers’ Suits Against AGF, DSS / Toyin Badmus: Iyaloja Of Abuja Calls Out Emefiele Over Naira Scarcity (Video) / Aviation: Gbajabiamila Walks Out Emefiele’s Representative From Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by nedekid: 7:52am On Feb 12, 2022
Hmm, Emefiele sef Wan run? shocked
Now I actually believe in that mkpuru mmire tales. grin
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by Maj196(m): 8:00am On Feb 12, 2022
E be like say everybody dey craze Even me sef won run for president. Nonsense angry
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by Lexusgs430: 8:02am On Feb 12, 2022
RealLordZeus:
Una sha wan make Bubu give us another 1 year ban on Twitter

#TheEmefieleDisaster

Meanwhile, we are still awaiting Twitter's office in Nigeria............. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by KSTTechs: 8:07am On Feb 12, 2022
utenwuson:
How this man got his second tenure as cbn governor is still baffling....
I don't think he has done anything positive since he assume office, but the effontary to try to run for Presidency is an effontary to run maddd

Simple as ABC.
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by Inosky(m): 8:08am On Feb 12, 2022
He's a total failure as a CBN governor because they used him to field their personal contracts instead of that of Nigerians' and he became their puppet.
Remember, this man was doing well and better during Goodluck Jonathan's time until Buhari entered and probably promised to keep him and he became his and his cohort's puppet in order keep his job.
And the result of which was a total desaster for Nigeria's economy.

1 Like

Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by Godfullsam(m): 8:08am On Feb 12, 2022
It looks like that position in aso rock is reserved only for the most useless and incompetent people in Nigeria.

In a sane society, no body in this disastrous buhari cabinet should be allowed to contend for any political position in Nigeria again including osibanjo.
Emiefile don't even worth a branch manager of a local micro finance bank sef.
The man is a disaster at best.

3 Likes

Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by SocialJustice: 8:13am On Feb 12, 2022
adonainana:
Sometimes I wonder how Nigerian elite sleep at night

Exchange rate was almost 200 to one dollar 8 years ago it’s going towards 600 now

If you had 200,000 naira 8 years ago you had 1,000 dollars

If you have 200,000 naira now you have just about 333 dollars

How on earth does one sleep at night

Does anyone know what this means

I will take making 200k in Nigeria 8 years ago than going to one America and going and be washing toilet therr and be shouting Nigerian the evil you have done is over

Go to the Uk and see people who have no hope except the holiday the HR give them to visit Nigeria and would only pay bills and die from the looks of things

Fam Nigeria was bad 8 years ago but at 200 naira to 1 dollar, it wasn’t this bad

Bakery sellers, small guest houses, shoe sellers a lot of people in Nigeria can easily make 200j profit in one month, this was equal to 1,000 dollars. This made them equal to some people who live in America and have a disposable income of 1,000 dollars after thier compulsory bills and taxation

This is what people don’t understand about what it means to have a strong currency

Once you have a strong currency you watch people japa leaving Nigeria to go and wash toilet outside Nigeria and you just laugh because you are automatically better than them cos even when dollars was 200 8 years ago . It was not a bad situation to be in

It is very very bad now, all the luxury hotels in Ibadan for instance charge 40,000 per night, I feel sorry for them cos that’s just 66 dollars, I thier mind they are expensive but they are not takes to those who destroyed the naira

200,000 naira still takes a lot of effort to make

So how 200,000 naira which was worth 1,000 dollars is now worth 333 dollars is incredible

Now almost everyone wants to japa

How do you destroy a whole country and it’s ambitions just within 8 years

Oh boy
Stop typing rubbish about Nigerians only washing toilet abroad.
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by CoolAmbience(m): 8:25am On Feb 12, 2022
reiddecuti:
Mehn! Dude na real disaster.

The funny thing is Buhari is smart enough to handpick people he's smarter than as his cabinet.

They delivered accordingly despite being more educated and enlighten.

You dey okay at all?

Emefiele was appointed by Jonathan.

Had Buhari sacked him, it is people like you that we start the petty blabbing about how he was sacked for not being a Northerner.

Besides, you guys know next to nothing about the job of the CBN governor. Emefiele has done pretty well.

The CBN under him has been central to key government initiatives such as the Anchor Borrowers Scheme (which helped Nigeria ramp up rice production to over 6million metric tons while conserving hundreds of millions of dollars in foreign exchange), Presidential Tax Infrastructures Initiative etc.

The exchange rate situation and naira depreciation would have been far worse had Emefiele not intervened in key sectors, particularly agriculture, to ensure some form of stability for the naira, by not allowing rapid depletion of the nation's foreign reserve on account of imports.

The CBN has also played a key role in plugging leaks as evident in the greater returns from agencies such as Customs, Immigration, NPA, JAMB, FIRS etc. It has helped to deliver more gains to the economic diversification efforts of the administration.
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by hotwax: 8:27am On Feb 12, 2022
All these Twitter rants are sponsored by tinubu.

I can see through it.

They are all disasters.
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by adonainana: 8:28am On Feb 12, 2022
SocialJustice:
Stop typing rubbish about Nigerians only washing toilet abroad.

Majority go and do menial jobs abroad they would never ever in thier life do here in Nigeria. There is a minimum wage so they bet the basics, just about 10 years ago, naira was manageable even if you went to wash toilet or not or you left nigeria there were a lot of Nigerians richer than you who never left

This was the message being passed, a lot of people are suffering abroad, Nigeria had a lot of potential even with exchange rate being 200 to 1 dollar . Things have changed

1 Like

Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by SocialJustice: 8:34am On Feb 12, 2022
adonainana:

Majority go and do menial jobs abroad they would never ever in thier life do here in Nigeria. There is a minimum wage so they bet the basics, just about 10 years ago, naira was manageable even if you went to wash toilet or not or you left nigeria there were a lot of Nigerians richer than you who never left

This was the message being passed, a lot of people are suffering abroad, Nigeria had a lot of potential even with exchange rate being 200 to 1 dollar . Things have changed

Menial job that pays £10/hr, if you work 10 hours a day, that's £100 multiplied by 20 days is £2000.

That's the job you are calling menial abi? How many people do you know in Nigeria that earn £2000 monthly doing menial jobs?
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by sorepco(m): 8:40am On Feb 12, 2022
See as them want change the narrative. Jonah's time dem de insult am and not the then CBN governor.
Now wey Buhari come be worst than Jonah dem cam de find na CBN governor!
Is the governor the one implementing economic policies?
Dem leave alone finance minister..evpnomic minister...economic council and state govetnors and target an indefensible SouthSouth man wey de try him bedt!

Baawaa:
This is an expensive joke
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 12, 2022
Horllamideh:
The man is the Ole Gunnar of CBN, the position is too big for him to handle.
leemaoo grin that idiot has been sharing our money like points since 2014.
Meanwhile 3 points for you bros wink

2 Likes

Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by adonainana: 8:43am On Feb 12, 2022
SocialJustice:
Menial job that pays £10/hr, if you work 10 hours a day, that's £100 multiplied by 20 days is £2000.

That's the job you are calling menial abi? How many people do you know in Nigeria that earn £2000 monthly doing menial jobs?

Roughly 10 years ago, £2,000 was simply 625,000 naira at a rate of 250 to 1 pound

A lot of professionals earned 600k monthly

A lot of business owners even till today earn and make 600k a month in profit margin even today more less 10 years ago

If a country exchange rate is strong or average whether you earn £3,000 ooo or more it wouldnt t matter , you earned that one for ur pocket and this was exactly the situation just roughly about 8 years ago

8-10 years ago even some people who barely had much going on with just 100,000 naira used to order clothes online from amazon

The point is you don’t have to clean toilet to earn your purposed 2500 pounds from naira was so strong then it didn’t matter

A lot of Nigerians were so much wealthy than a lot who went to do menial jobs abroad due to the Excahnge rate 8-10 years ago and things were bad then ooooo

This is the message that a lot of Nigerians were so comfortable with the naira they didn’t need to go outside Nigeria to go and be doing any 10 pounds an hour job anywhere
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 12, 2022
duro4chang:
His tenure as the central bank is a disaster.
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by gotnel: 8:48am On Feb 12, 2022
God help us.
Emefiele is not a man that can run for president, even if pushed by the political hawks he has been helping to milking Nigeria economy.
If per adventure, he becomes the president of the country , his tenure will bring more disasters than the present government.
Emefiele is not bold enough to pilot the affairs of central bank , how much more the whole country of Nigeria.
He will only be a figure head president, who will be controlled by deadly forces that will make things worse than we are witnessing now. .
Let the young Nigerians begin to scrutinise the aspirations of any presidential hopeful and gauge their past and present lifestyle and achievements.
Old politicians have all failed the country.
Emefiele is not capable.
Let looks at someone else.
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by eminikansoso(m): 8:51am On Feb 12, 2022
adonainana:
Sometimes I wonder how Nigerian elite sleep at night

Exchange rate was almost 200 to one dollar 8 years ago it’s going towards 600 now

If you had 200,000 naira 8 years ago you had 1,000 dollars

If you have 200,000 naira now you have just about 333 dollars

How on earth does one sleep at night

Does anyone know what this means

I will take making 200k in Nigeria 8 years ago than going to one America and going and be washing toilet therr and be shouting Nigerian the evil you have done is over

Go to the Uk and see people who have no hope except the holiday the HR give them to visit Nigeria and would only pay bills and die from the looks of things

Fam Nigeria was bad 8 years ago but at 200 naira to 1 dollar, it wasn’t this bad

Bakery sellers, small guest houses, shoe sellers a lot of people in Nigeria can easily make 200j profit in one month, this was equal to 1,000 dollars. This made them equal to some people who live in America and have a disposable income of 1,000 dollars after thier compulsory bills and taxation

This is what people don’t understand about what it means to have a strong currency

Once you have a strong currency you watch people japa leaving Nigeria to go and wash toilet outside Nigeria and you just laugh because you are automatically better than them cos even when dollars was 200 8 years ago . It was not a bad situation to be in

It is very very bad now, all the luxury hotels in Ibadan for instance charge 40,000 per night, I feel sorry for them cos that’s just 66 dollars, I thier mind they are expensive but they are not takes to those who destroyed the naira

200,000 naira still takes a lot of effort to make

So how 200,000 naira which was worth 1,000 dollars is now worth 333 dollars is incredible

Now almost everyone wants to japa

How do you destroy a whole country and it’s ambitions just within 8 years

Oh boy
Many people will not understand this simple economics.
Till today many people don't know when you have a strong currency, it is far better than going overseas.

Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by adonainana: 8:58am On Feb 12, 2022
eminikansoso:

Many people will not understand this simple economics.
Till today many people don't know when you have a strong currency, it is far better than going overseas.

Fam they don’t, give me the bad roads all day , no electricity all day , Insecurity all day but don’t mess up the currency

Between 2001-2010 the currency was stable

A lot of Nigerians had thousands of naira saved in thier account doing whatever you could do . Some without stepping out of this nigeria had the equivalent of $3,000 saved in their account in naira

How many Americans have $3,000 in their savings, some nigerians had thousands of naira in their account way before 2014 and that was worth more than Gold

Like who said you must japa to live the same life or be as rich

Omo never again, I used to be so rich in pounds and dollars without even bothering myself about where Uk or where US was

Never again

Never ever again
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by eminikansoso(m): 8:59am On Feb 12, 2022
adonainana:

Roughly 10 years ago, £2,000 was simply 625,000 naira at a rate of 250 to 1 pound

A lot of professionals earned 600k monthly

A lot of business owners even till today earn and make 600k a month in profit margin even today more less 10 years ago

If a country exchange rate is strong or average whether you earn £3,000 ooo or more it wouldnt t matter , you earned that one for ur pocket and this was exactly the situation just roughly about 8 years ago

8-10 years ago even some people who barely had much going on with just 100,000 naira used to order clothes online from amazon

The point is you don’t have to clean toilet to earn your purposed 2500 pounds from naira was so strong then it didn’t matter

A lot of Nigerians were so much wealthy than a lot who went to do menial jobs abroad due to the Excahnge rate 8-10 years ago and things were bad then ooooo

This is the message that a lot of Nigerians were so comfortable with the naira they didn’t need to go outside Nigeria to go and be doing any 10 pounds an hour job anywhere
They will not understand
Ask them why do have a lot of foreigners as teachers and health officials in the late 70s/ early 80s.
Especially those Indians and Lebanons
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by hohafrank(m): 9:02am On Feb 12, 2022
CBN governor is far better than thietunubu.
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by dalass(f): 9:02am On Feb 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They play too much on twitter.

If you are a serious minded youth and you are not on twitter, trust me, you are not missing anything. It is worthless to you.

Twitter is a platform where people go and idle away and cyberbully one another until they have someone else to blame for their self imposed and self destructive idleness.

I have a twitter account but I haven't used it in a very long while... It's a bloody waste of precious time.... When I no be bird/ parrot... grin... grin

1 Like

Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by eminikansoso(m): 9:03am On Feb 12, 2022
adonainana:

Fam they don’t, give me the bad roads all day , no electricity all day , Insecurity all day but don’t mess up the currency

Between 2001-2010 the currency was stable

A lot of Nigerians had thousands of naira saved in thier account doing whatever you could do . Some without stepping out of this nigeria had the equivalent of $3,000 saved in their account in naira

How many Americans have $3,000 in their savings, some nigerians had thousands of naira in their account way before 2014 and that was worth more than Gold

Like who said you must japa to live the same life or be as rich

Omo never again, I used to be so rich in pounds and dollars without even bothering myself about where Uk or where US was

Never again

Never ever again
I know a lot of importers of foreign goods but today for them to feed themselves na war. All because of crash of naira
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by Lamasta(m): 9:04am On Feb 12, 2022
His tenure as CBN Governor plunges Nigerians into untold and unprecedented economic hardship that the nation is yet to recover from...
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by AmazingELixir: 9:11am On Feb 12, 2022
undecided

What sort of campaign of calumny against this man is this...
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by michoim(m): 9:26am On Feb 12, 2022
Baawaa:
Really expensive, my brother. He is a shameless man...
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by McBishop2020: 9:34am On Feb 12, 2022
Even Emefiele visited the Super Eagle in Cameroon and we're busy blaming poor innocent Okoye.

Emefiele's visit= a disgrace and a disaster
Buhari's call = the sucker punch on anything success bound.

Okoye, please bear it oh!
At least, now I know the genesis and revelation of your problem.

You need serious prayers ooo so that this will not be your lot forever
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by 2tpick: 9:40am On Feb 12, 2022
Now the CBN governor bears the brunt for 8 years of buhari and APC's misrule from the very same people who called and arrested still calling buhari a messiah.

I see BAT's handwriting written all over this.
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by optm(m): 9:42am On Feb 12, 2022
The earlier we realize that the current sets of politicians do not see public office as a place of service but to serve and preserve their personal interests , the better for us as a people. Our efforts should be geared towards retiring them all if we really want progress. These bunch are predominantly in the APC and PDP. Can we please do away with these people ?
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by higgs: 9:54am On Feb 12, 2022
Emefiele has actually done very well as CBN governor. As CBN governor,his job is purely monetary policy and banking supervision. But due to the weak/incompetent government we have,he has sometimes even tried to exercise fiscal policy powers.People are angry with him because of the state of the naira.But You guys need to understand that monetary policy alone cannot determine the value of a currency. The country's import bill and the quality of fiscal policy are also factor that affect the value of our currency.This government has not been able to solve the problem of insecurity,worsening the economic problems we have.Covid was a global economic disaster and Emefiele managed it well.
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:46am On Feb 12, 2022
CryptoTeacher:
It's like everyone wants to be president in 2023.
see my Monika, you will understand why nigeria is like this
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by seyz91(m): 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2022
Nigeria for you undecided

Anyone and anything can be president regardless of your impuned reputation and bad record provided you have money to deceive your gullible followers

Nigeria is Done!
ResidentSnitch:
With all the economic disasters associated with this man and Buhari, don't be surprised that some people will still canvas for this man to be the president.
If you doubt me, ask yourself why people are still routing for Tinumbu and Osinbajo. Two people we know are integral parts of this disastrous government.
Re: TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter by Doyou2019: 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
Baawaa:

It's a joke alright - just not a funny one grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 / 50 Killed As ISWAP Attacks Army Base In Borno / #presidentialmediachat: Buhari Not Different From Adolf Hitler – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.