Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,067 members, 7,863,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

What Is The Relevance Of Mass Communication In Politics? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Relevance Of Mass Communication In Politics? (202 Views)

Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement / Army Disowns Pictures, Videos Of Mass Burials In Zamfara / Timeline: Nigeria’s Alarming Trend Of Mass Abduction Of School Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Relevance Of Mass Communication In Politics? by dreamxhaser: 12:59am On Feb 12, 2022
Hello everyone!

Please, I have the assignment to submit on the relevance of mass communication in politics.

Can anyone help me out, please?
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Mass Communication In Politics? by batstan(m): 2:58am On Feb 12, 2022
You will be communicating with the masses
grin

cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Mass Communication In Politics? by Blue3k(m): 3:11am On Feb 12, 2022
dreamxhaser:
Hello everyone!

Please, I have the assignment to submit on the relevance of mass communication in politics.

Can anyone help me out, please?

• using media campaigning (social, podcast, TV etc)
• public relations with masses and interest groups
• segmenting advertising to demographics and interest groups.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Mass Communication In Politics? by FreeStuffsNG: 4:27am On Feb 12, 2022
Blue3k:

Haha. You actually really tried but this is like the advert side and the channels to push the political party in people's attention.

Mass communication is broader and relevant than only the advert and channels, it includes more of the whole tasks involved in the finding , developing a strategy document and executing the effective ways to make the large percentage of the population to be aware of the political process, political party, agenda, brand, manifesto, candidates , voters mobilization, voters education etc. within existing electoral and mass communication laws.

So he should start from how to find the ways; e.g meeting with the political process primary stakeholders, party chieftains, getting their manifestoes, their brand identity, their USP, political spread, strategy, their target group etc

Go on to find the best way and channels to communicate the information to make more people aware of the party,plans , candidates etc in order to convince the target group to support the party.

formulate a strategy document,have more engagement for their buy-in, funding , measurables etc and sign the contract.

Do more research that add to these points and I believe it should be adequate for an undergraduate assignment submission.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Mass Communication In Politics? by colorsofrainbow: 4:31am On Feb 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Haha. You actually really tried but this is like the advert side and the channels to push the political party in people's attention.

Mass communication is broader and relevant than only the advert and channels, it includes more of the whole tasks involved in the finding , developing a strategy document and executing the effective ways to make the large percentage of the population to be aware of the political process, political party, agenda, brand, manifesto, candidates , voters mobilization, voters education etc. within existing electoral and mass communication laws.

So he should start from how to find the ways; meeting with the party chieftains, getting their manifestoes, their brand identity, their USP, political spread, strategy, their target group etc

Go on to find the best way and channels to communicate the information to make more people aware of the party,plans , candidates etc in order to convince the target group to support the party.

formulate a strategy document,have more engagement for their buy-in, funding , measurables etc and sign the contract.

Do more research that add to these points and I believe it should be adequate for an undergraduate assignment submission.
First time I liked a Tinubu's agbero post grin
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Mass Communication In Politics? by dreamxhaser: 5:50am On Feb 12, 2022
Blue3k:

Thank you, I'll work on this too
Re: What Is The Relevance Of Mass Communication In Politics? by dreamxhaser: 5:53am On Feb 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

So he should start from how to find the ways; e.g meeting with the political process primary stakeholders, party chieftains, getting their manifestoes, their brand identity, their USP, political spread, strategy, their target group etc

Omo, much respect sir. You really help me nailed this one.

Let m go and be forming, the guru (LOL)

Thank you so much. Really appropriate.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Relevance Of Mass Communication In Politics? by ebuka440: 6:06am On Feb 12, 2022
Mass communication will help in disseminating information to all the nooks and crannies to all Nigerians both the illiterate and literate ones to make a good choice of a leader come 2023

(1) (Reply)

2023: NGO Lauds Benue First Lady, Eunice Ortom For Encouraging Female Aspirants / Breaking: House Of Reps Try Out Electronic Voting Device / INDABOSKI! If Only For 2nd Niger Bridge, This Country Won’t Forget Buhari – Femi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.