Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

How I Made 500k From A 40k Business Idea In Under 30 Days - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Made 500k From A 40k Business Idea In Under 30 Days (292 Views)

Forbes 30 Under 30: Meet Omoha Nduka, 25-Years-Nigerian real Estate Billionaire / Forbes' 30 Under 30 For 2020: Nigeria Tops List / 5 Under 30 Youngest Successful Nigerian Tech Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Made 500k From A 40k Business Idea In Under 30 Days by Ignyte(m): 9:55am On Feb 12, 2022
Normally, when you tell people the kind of topic I put up there, people think it is a scam. However, I'm bringing my own up and hopefully, someone might want to replicate.

Normally, my threads on Nairaland since 2013 have been about Web Design and Websites, no mind me. I be tech bro small.

But in 2019, I got introduced into the world of Jaiyepreneurship as I call it.

What is Jaiyepreneurship you may ask?

Well, let's break it down. In today's world. Most people are stressed, they work 9-5 and are so tired that they are ready to spend almost half their salaries on unwinding, relaxing, and partying.

It might look like this should be Obi Cubana’s domain solely but not everybody can afford to buy drinks at super expensive rates and drink. And that's where low-budget guys like us come in.

But 40k might seem too small, and so let's get into how, 40k raised 500k.

In November 2021, it occurred to me that anytime I was with guys that wanted to smoke Shisha (Hookah), it had to be in a lounge and it cost anywhere between N3,000 and 4,500.

This now led me to go and find how much the bowls cost and I was shocked at what I found.

The plastic bowls cost between 3,000 and 4000. Then I thought about it, if you buy the bowl at 3,000 and sell it 20 times without changing the bowl. You were swimming in profits.

Of course, these things need Flavours and coals to function. I ended up buying the bowls after negotiation at 2,500 per unit. I got 8 of those. And got 10 coal packs as well as 10 packs of Flavour.

Everything came down to about 27,000 thanks to negotiations.

Then the issue of where to sell the goods came up. Luckily, if you go out a lot you will know that there are a lot of parties and events particularly in December. So I spent last December Vendoring.

I sold a serving of 2 coals for N2,000 and an extra coal for N1,000.

At some point we were selling up to 30 servings a day at N2,000 from 8 pots. And there were up to 16 different events we we’re going to. The only recurring expenditure was coal and Flavour. Then we replaced 2 pipes that got burnt. We also added 10 new bowls. We attended 16 events and sold almost 300 servings. N2,000 x 300 = OUR PROFIT!

Towards the end of December, we threw a house party and entry payment covered the cost of a SHISHA serving.

It’s a new year now and the strategy we now employ is to rent out our bowls. We have also expanded to weddings, anniversary parties, in fact any Jaiye, I plan to sell these things.

We’re also running our own events and parties in order to maximize profits.

Any Questions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Made 500k From A 40k Business Idea In Under 30 Days by dingbang(m): 10:30am On Feb 12, 2022
So what is the call to action?

(1) (Reply)

Giland Loaded / Sell Your Skrill To Us. We Pay You Above Bank Rate / Phone Stands For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.