Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,603 members, 7,840,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Councillor In Akwa Ibom Hon Overflow To Empower His Constituents On Val's Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Councillor In Akwa Ibom Hon Overflow To Empower His Constituents On Val's Day (179 Views)

Nasir Ado: Hausa Man Contesting For Councillor In Delta State (Photo) / Anibaba: A Former Councillor In Lagos Pushing Truck (Video) / Meet Boskoto "The Shortest Councillor In Nigeria" (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Councillor In Akwa Ibom Hon Overflow To Empower His Constituents On Val's Day by Assamjnr: 10:59am On Feb 12, 2022
Uyo Councillor Hon. Overflow Breaks Jinx, Sets For Massive Empowerment, Feb 14

History will be made in Uyo Local Government Area on Monday, 14th February, 2022, when the Councillor representing former Ward 10, now 12; Hon. Overflow David Franky, will be hosting his maiden Constituency briefing and empowerment programme.

The massive event, which coincides with the 2022 birthday of the lawmaker who Chairs House Committee on Chieftaincy and Land Matters in the Uyo Legislative Council, will hold at the Bishop Usanga Primary School, Ediene Ikot Obio Imo, Oku 1, Uyo LGA.

Speaking with newsmen in Uyo on Friday, Hon Overflow hinted that, the event will feature a special empowerment initiative targeted at promoting enterprise, self-reliance and job creation.

"Yes, I was born on lovers day. From birth, God has been faithful to me and my family and today by God's grace and through the mandate of my people, I am representing former ward 10, now 12 in the Uyo Legislative Council as a Councillor.

"On Monday, I am not just going to gather the people to talk, drink and eat; no, the event is beyond the usual three to four hours of enjoyment. My team has carefully selected six (6) serious-minded sons and daughters of my ward for vocational training in welding and fabrication, fashion design, hairdressing, make-up training and catering. This scheme is based on the peculiar needs of the beneficiaries.

"Apart from that, I will also use the event to present two (2) live cows to my people and hundreds of wrapper materials including money for sewing to the women as a way of telling them 'Thank You' for believing in me and your continued support," the Councilor noted.

The Ediene Ikot Obio Imo - Oku 1 business mogul used the occasion to specially praise his wife; Deaconess Patience Overflow, for standing by him at all times and prayed God to bless his entire family, supporters and constituents.

He equally invited his colleagues and associates, Royal Fathers, the Clergy, political class, the peace- loving people of his Ward, Uyo Local Government, Uyo Federal Constituency, Uyo Senatorial District and Akwa Ibom State at large, for what he termed, "Mother of all empowerment in Uyo"

(1) (Reply)

Court Voids APC Congresses In Anambra / Cross River Paramount Rulers Hail Governor Ayade / Africa Is Poor ! Misconceptions About Africa - Debunking Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.