Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Unexpected Guest - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unexpected Guest (1136 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Was A Guest Speaker At Yale Law School 2022 Commencement / Unexpected Joy At Dawn (2018 Edition) By Alex Agyei Pdf Copy Needed / Unexpected Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unexpected Guest by frankwriter(m): 1:54pm On Feb 12, 2022
Once dated this girl on campus who lived in the same lodge with her elder sister. They were both in different departments and level. We kept it on a low before her younger sister. So, the first time I visited, I was introduced as her sister’s friend; it was what we both agreed on. She didn’t want her younger sister to emulate her ways, she felt she was still young for it. Her sister was 19 and she was 23.

Each time I came around the lodge, we were always mindful of our choice of words, if at all her sister was around. It went on like that. Though I wasn’t always visiting; it was once in a while something.

Her younger sister, Nora, took me as her sister’s closest friend, not knowing we were actually dating. She had severally seen us outside together. Her sister would always tell her some shits about me. Nora would see me on the road and she would start smiling sheepishly. She was that kind of person that sights you before you even see her. Judging from what I noticed about her, I could say Nora was shy and such a caring person.

One Saturday morning, I went for workout —and there I saw Nora with her clique. They were all dressed on sports wear which barely covered their body. It was actually my first time seeing Nora half dressed. Truth is, she’s more endowed than her sister. Well, that’s none of my business, you’d say right? Lol.

“Hey! Chris.. what’s up,” she cheerfully hugged me. I felt her warmth body. She sweated profusely.
“Do you normally come out here every Saturday?” I queried.
“Uhmm… not really. Sometimes.”
Her friends stood aside while we got talking — though we didn’t say much. I later asked about her sister, she said she was sleeping when she left. She her sister was never a fan of workout or anything that would stress her.

“Wetin she wan loose before? Person wey slim like her no suppose dey come out,” I jokingly taunted. She understood the joke but had to throw a friendly punch at my shoulder for ‘beefing’her elder sister.
Nora noticed I came out with my iPhone 8, so she beckoned on me to take her some shots. I obliged. She posed, I captured. Her friends joined, I continued. Some motherf*ckers from nowhere bumped too, I didn’t mind. It was a normal thing on campus.

“So, how do you get these pictures?” I asked. Having noticed she wasn’t with any phone.
“See, I didn’t come out with my phone. Take my number and send it through WhatsApp. “
“Ok then.”
“Zero eight zero, five seven…..”
“Saved.”
“Can you dial it so when I get back I can easily save it and chat you.”
“No yawa.” I dialed her line.
“It’s ringing…”
“Okay. Hang up. I’ll chat you when I get back.
“Alright. “
“Don’t delete my pictures ooo,” she teased.

I smiled and watched her jog with her friends. They jogged towards Obinze road, about six of them. When I couldn’t sight their bouncing butts, I walked up to my guys who were having fun lifting a heavy metal at the front gate.

_____
Fast forward to evening, my phone rang. Yes! Your guess is as good as mine, Nora was the one calling.
“Hello Chris. You didn’t send the pictures again. Please, can you come online now?” she said in one breathe. I had even forgotten I have an unfinished task before exhausting my data on YouTube videos.

“Nora no vex. I forgot,” I apologized.
“So, can you send it now?” She sounded like she was already angry. She seemed unconcerned about my apologies.
How do I now tell her that I don’t have data to come online? She go just vex hang up; I pondered.
“My battery is low. Sorry, my data got exhausted,” I sounded like a confused soul. I didn’t want her to see me as a broke iPhone user —and at the same time I dreaded she might ask me to use power bank, she knew I had a bigger one.

“Low battery or data?” she laughed to my discomfort.
“Data. You know how iPhone consumes data like mad.” I was able to come up with an excuse. All thanks to my IQ for coming up quickly to my rescue.
“So, my sister didn’t tell you I sell data?”
“She didn’t oo.”
“Ok. I’ll send 1gb. Just come online. My friends need the pictures too.”

Before I could say Jack, she hanged up — and in less than three minutes my phone beeped. It was a message from the network provider, saying my line has been credited with 1024mb. I was speechless. All I did was turn on my data, clicked on WhatsApp and waited for the messages to load. Hers was on top. It was five messages and the last one read: “I just sent 1gb. Did you see it?”
I opened her messages and instead of replying her older messages, I sent her the pictures.

“Thank you,“ she speedily replied.
“You’re welcome.”
“Damn! WhatsApp did it thing,” she sent after few seconds.
“What’s that?”
“The quality of the pictures dropped.”
Nora said she would manage but only pity her friends who will have theirs reduced again by the time she forward the pictures. She further insisted she would use Xender when next our paths crossed.

I stayed online to see if she’d send any further messages but nothing came, even though she was online. I soon got a notification from Twitter, I clicked and from there I started scrolling down my newsfeed. Something controversial was trending then on Twitter, I can’t really recall, but it got me glued to every tweets concerning the issue. About ten minutes later, Nora sent a message; it popped up on my screen that I could read it without opening the message, but sadly, the content spoiled my mood. It read thus: “Grateful people like you deserves more favor and should be emulated.”
You got her sarcasm right? Damn! It then occurred to me I forgot to ask if the data she sent was for sale. I was really embarrassed by that text from Nora.

“Please, don’t get mad at me. It escaped my mind. I was going to ask you about the data but I forgot. It was never intentional,” I pleaded with a voice note.
“You always forget. Something that I just did not long ago,” she sounded upset and rude at the same time.
“Okay. Fine. I’m sorry. How do I make up for this?” I asked.
Silence.
She didn’t reply until after three minutes.
“Take me to any eatery at your leisure time,” came her mind-blowing request.
Is this what I get for getting a free data or perhaps for being ungrateful? I pondered. If only she knew I was dating her sister, I guess she wouldn’t come up with such, right? Well, it’s going to be a harmless outing I guess.

Na so I use shame swallow my phlegm. I didn’t have enough will to say no. Her request seemed to be a well-laid trap, but I said to myself that I could handle whatever she came up with. I wasn’t going to ‘simp' No!

It was on a Friday evening, we went to Sunic to have lunch. While we were there, she could barely look into my eyes.
“Why do you always avoid eye contact?” I giggled.
“Erm, nothing,” she grinned.
Just then, our eyes got locked in contact, she tried keeping her face up but suddenly averted her eyes.
“And there she goes again,” I teased.
She smiled broadly.
I asked what she would eat and she said fried rice. I bought two plates of rice and chicken. Two bottles of soft drink too.
“Less I forget, my pictures… Let’s Xender it,” she said in between mouthful of food.
“Ok.” I unlocked my phone and handed her.
She happily transferred her pictures from my phone while she deleted the previous ones I sent through WhatsApp.

“I hope you’re happy now,” I jokingly asked when finally we were outside Sunic. She once again asked for some shots which I obliged. You know that feeling when an android users get to enjoy quality camera from an iPhone user. I later posed for a selfie which she captured with her left hand, with her face covering most parts of the picture. Nora was quite friendly and social. She was just that shy girl that couldn’t maintain eye contact.
Nora thanked me for the lunch while she pleaded I keep it away from her sister.
“Sure thing to do,” I assured.
The sun had gone down and there was half moon up there. It was twilight, Nora and I walked down Eziobodo.

Later at night, Nora chatted me up, expressing her delights over the lunch we had. She thanked me for keeping to my words unlike other guys who kept promising but never fulfilled theirs.
I was replying her messages and at the same time I was chatting with her sister. At a point I asked if they were together.
“Yes, and why do you ask? Ate you chatting with her too?” She queried with an emoji.
What should I answer now? Yes, No, Yes…. I contemplated.
“No. I was just asking,” I lied.
I guess my response kinda gave her some boost and relief. She was bombarding me with questions and I felt she was already falling for me. I could read it from every single message she sent. Though my responses were one line and sometimes I replied late but she never complained.

Before she went to bed, she sent me “Goodnight” with three yellow love emoji.
“Goodnight dear,” I sent.
“You can’t even reciprocate,” she said with a frown emoji.
I quite understood what she meant, so I sent a smiling emoji before rephrasing my Goodnight text. I added three emoji but mine was a different color; the red ones.
I waited for her response but nothing came forth. Five.. ten..fifteen minutes gone, and we were both online. So, I continued my conversation with her sister. We were making plans for Valentine outing. Not long, Nora went off.
____
The following day, I got lots of WhatsApp messages from Nora which she eventually deleted the moment her messages ticked double blue. The contents of her messages justified the fact that she was young and naïve. She literally showed interest on me, indirectly.
Fortunately, I had read the messages before she deleted them all. I simply ignored her Dm. She later chatted me and that was how flirting set in.

Long story short, on 14th February, I made a costly mistake that ruined everything I shared with both sisters. I had posted her sister’s pictures on my WhatsApp status with captions that literally said she was the love of my life The post came very early; I had posted the moment I woke up before going about my morning rituals.
It totally escaped my mind to block Nora from viewing the status. I was the type that posted my stuffs without blocking any damn being. I was always of the opinion that it was the highest kind of hypocrisy and a compromised lifestyle. Never knew I would one day need to block ‘A’ before posting ‘B’. Damn! I caused it myself.
Nora was even the first to view all the three pictures I posted. The third picture was a picture of her sister and I in a very romantic pose.

“So, you are actually dating my sister? I should have known. I shouldn’t have believed everything you ever said to me! Why do you want to have two sisters at the same time? Chrisssss… you are evil! I’m going to tell my sister about all you have been chatting with me and all the pictures we both had, the outing too…” Nora threatened as she went on to bombard me with messages.

She later sent a voice note, yelling and saying all manner of abusive stuffs. I couldn’t believe she could say all of that. Girl was literally mad at me. She never wanted me to explain, and just when I wanted to reply her messages, her profile suddenly went blank. Yes, she blocked me.
Fast forward to 12:00pm. I dialed her sister’s line but she didn’t pick. Called again and again, same result. Checked her online but she wasn’t there. I guess Nora already did her worst; I said, scratching my hair.

Moment later, she called but her voice changed. When I asked why she seemed cold, she said she was feeling a bit under the weather. Unconvincingly, I pressed on.
“We still goin' out right?”
“Erm…erm, I don’t think I can make it again,” came her shocking response.
My heart beat skipped and I could feel it beating faster and faster, thudding against my ribs. Cold shivers ran through my spines.
“Chris, please, can we talk later?” She hanged up.

She never called back nor picked when I called severally. Instead, she switched my line to busy mode. Sent her couple of messages on WhatsApp but she wasn’t opening my messages. When finally we talked, she was mad at me for taking her sister out without her consent. She expressed her displeasure on how I had the nerves to flirt with her sister, still without mentioning I had Nora’s number. She said, flirting with her sister was the pettiest thing I ever did.

Girl said she’s going on break with the whole relationship stuff.
Omo, na from that so called break everything take end. Till today we no dey vibe again.

I put all the blames on Nora, but my friend said it was all my fault!
Do you also agree with them? Was it really my fault?
Please, drop your comments, I'd like to read your view.

©️FrankWriter1
Storyteller

Twitter and IG: frankwriter1
Re: Unexpected Guest by Odoogu(m): 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2022
grin grin...
Wooow...

Only actions are perceived, seen and even judged. Intents are a whole different thing.

Everyone is to blame here. Yourself, Nora and her Sister.

If you didn't get her drift b4 everything went south, you at least knew and confirmed she was naive cool( which I doubt) but you played along, So na wetin be your intentions then? wink

Nora thought you were her sister's very good friend ( which I also doubt), but still came at you with the outing thing and somewhat* messages on whatsapp. Na wetin be her intention?

You can't tell someone's intentions, cos you aren't God... But there are definitely gonna be strong pointers from actions and reactions to give you clues.

All was ignored and or berrated so,

Game over. At least nobody die or collect wink grin grin

1 Like

Re: Unexpected Guest by frankwriter(m): 12:58am On Feb 19, 2022
[quote author=Odoogu post=110273233] grin grin...
Wooow...

Only actions are perceived, seen and even judged. Intents are a whole different thing.

Everyone is to blame here. Yourself, Nora and her Sister.

If you didn't get her drift b4 everything went south, you at least knew and confirmed she was naive cool( which I doubt) but you played along, So na wetin be your intentions then? wink

Nora thought you were her sister's very good friend ( which I also doubt), but still came at you with the outing thing and somewhat* messages on whatsapp. Na wetin be her intention?

You can't tell someone's intentions, cos you aren't God... But there are definitely gonna be strong pointers from actions and reactions to give you clues.

All was ignored and or berrated so,

Game over. At least nobody die or collect wink grin grin

Lol... At least nobody died my brother.
Re: Unexpected Guest by AlexRohan: 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
Read the best noncheesy couple captions that are cute but not cliché here: https://fastnewsisland.com/non-cheesy-couple-captions/

frankwriter:
Once dated this girl on campus who lived in the same lodge with her elder sister. They were both in different departments and level. We kept it on a low before her younger sister. So, the first time I visited, I was introduced as her sister’s friend; it was what we both agreed on. She didn’t want her younger sister to emulate her ways, she felt she was still young for it. Her sister was 19 and she was 23.

Each time I came around the lodge, we were always mindful of our choice of words, if at all her sister was around. It went on like that. Though I wasn’t always visiting; it was once in a while something.

Her younger sister, Nora, took me as her sister’s closest friend, not knowing we were actually dating. She had severally seen us outside together. Her sister would always tell her some shits about me. Nora would see me on the road and she would start smiling sheepishly. She was that kind of person that sights you before you even see her. Judging from what I noticed about her, I could say Nora was shy and such a caring person.

One Saturday morning, I went for workout —and there I saw Nora with her clique. They were all dressed on sports wear which barely covered their body. It was actually my first time seeing Nora half dressed. Truth is, she’s more endowed than her sister. Well, that’s none of my business, you’d say right? Lol.

“Hey! Chris.. what’s up,” she cheerfully hugged me. I felt her warmth body. She sweated profusely.
“Do you normally come out here every Saturday?” I queried.
“Uhmm… not really. Sometimes.”
Her friends stood aside while we got talking — though we didn’t say much. I later asked about her sister, she said she was sleeping when she left. She her sister was never a fan of workout or anything that would stress her.

“Wetin she wan loose before? Person wey slim like her no suppose dey come out,” I jokingly taunted. She understood the joke but had to throw a friendly punch at my shoulder for ‘beefing’her elder sister.
Nora noticed I came out with my iPhone 8, so she beckoned on me to take her some shots. I obliged. She posed, I captured. Her friends joined, I continued. Some motherf*ckers from nowhere bumped too, I didn’t mind. It was a normal thing on campus.

“So, how do you get these pictures?” I asked. Having noticed she wasn’t with any phone.
“See, I didn’t come out with my phone. Take my number and send it through WhatsApp. “
“Ok then.”
“Zero eight zero, five seven…..”
“Saved.”
“Can you dial it so when I get back I can easily save it and chat you.”
“No yawa.” I dialed her line.
“It’s ringing…”
“Okay. Hang up. I’ll chat you when I get back.
“Alright. “
“Don’t delete my pictures ooo,” she teased.

I smiled and watched her jog with her friends. They jogged towards Obinze road, about six of them. When I couldn’t sight their bouncing butts, I walked up to my guys who were having fun lifting a heavy metal at the front gate.

_____
Fast forward to evening, my phone rang. Yes! Your guess is as good as mine, Nora was the one calling.
“Hello Chris. You didn’t send the pictures again. Please, can you come online now?” she said in one breathe. I had even forgotten I have an unfinished task before exhausting my data on YouTube videos.

“Nora no vex. I forgot,” I apologized.
“So, can you send it now?” She sounded like she was already angry. She seemed unconcerned about my apologies.
How do I now tell her that I don’t have data to come online? She go just vex hang up; I pondered.
“My battery is low. Sorry, my data got exhausted,” I sounded like a confused soul. I didn’t want her to see me as a broke iPhone user —and at the same time I dreaded she might ask me to use power bank, she knew I had a bigger one.

“Low battery or data?” she laughed to my discomfort.
“Data. You know how iPhone consumes data like mad.” I was able to come up with an excuse. All thanks to my IQ for coming up quickly to my rescue.
“So, my sister didn’t tell you I sell data?”
“She didn’t oo.”
“Ok. I’ll send 1gb. Just come online. My friends need the pictures too.”

Before I could say Jack, she hanged up — and in less than three minutes my phone beeped. It was a message from the network provider, saying my line has been credited with 1024mb. I was speechless. All I did was turn on my data, clicked on WhatsApp and waited for the messages to load. Hers was on top. It was five messages and the last one read: “I just sent 1gb. Did you see it?”
I opened her messages and instead of replying her older messages, I sent her the pictures.

“Thank you,“ she speedily replied.
“You’re welcome.”
“Damn! WhatsApp did it thing,” she sent after few seconds.
“What’s that?”
“The quality of the pictures dropped.”
Nora said she would manage but only pity her friends who will have theirs reduced again by the time she forward the pictures. She further insisted she would use Xender when next our paths crossed.

I stayed online to see if she’d send any further messages but nothing came, even though she was online. I soon got a notification from Twitter, I clicked and from there I started scrolling down my newsfeed. Something controversial was trending then on Twitter, I can’t really recall, but it got me glued to every tweets concerning the issue. About ten minutes later, Nora sent a message; it popped up on my screen that I could read it without opening the message, but sadly, the content spoiled my mood. It read thus: “Grateful people like you deserves more favor and should be emulated.”
You got her sarcasm right? Damn! It then occurred to me I forgot to ask if the data she sent was for sale. I was really embarrassed by that text from Nora.

“Please, don’t get mad at me. It escaped my mind. I was going to ask you about the data but I forgot. It was never intentional,” I pleaded with a voice note.
“You always forget. Something that I just did not long ago,” she sounded upset and rude at the same time.
“Okay. Fine. I’m sorry. How do I make up for this?” I asked.
Silence.
She didn’t reply until after three minutes.
“Take me to any eatery at your leisure time,” came her mind-blowing request.
Is this what I get for getting a free data or perhaps for being ungrateful? I pondered. If only she knew I was dating her sister, I guess she wouldn’t come up with such, right? Well, it’s going to be a harmless outing I guess.

Na so I use shame swallow my phlegm. I didn’t have enough will to say no. Her request seemed to be a well-laid trap, but I said to myself that I could handle whatever she came up with. I wasn’t going to ‘simp' No!

It was on a Friday evening, we went to Sunic to have lunch. While we were there, she could barely look into my eyes.
“Why do you always avoid eye contact?” I giggled.
“Erm, nothing,” she grinned.
Just then, our eyes got locked in contact, she tried keeping her face up but suddenly averted her eyes.
“And there she goes again,” I teased.
She smiled broadly.
I asked what she would eat and she said fried rice. I bought two plates of rice and chicken. Two bottles of soft drink too.
“Less I forget, my pictures… Let’s Xender it,” she said in between mouthful of food.
“Ok.” I unlocked my phone and handed her.
She happily transferred her pictures from my phone while she deleted the previous ones I sent through WhatsApp.

“I hope you’re happy now,” I jokingly asked when finally we were outside Sunic. She once again asked for some shots which I obliged. You know that feeling when an android users get to enjoy quality camera from an iPhone user. I later posed for a selfie which she captured with her left hand, with her face covering most parts of the picture. Nora was quite friendly and social. She was just that shy girl that couldn’t maintain eye contact.
Nora thanked me for the lunch while she pleaded I keep it away from her sister.
“Sure thing to do,” I assured.
The sun had gone down and there was half moon up there. It was twilight, Nora and I walked down Eziobodo.

Later at night, Nora chatted me up, expressing her delights over the lunch we had. She thanked me for keeping to my words unlike other guys who kept promising but never fulfilled theirs.
I was replying her messages and at the same time I was chatting with her sister. At a point I asked if they were together.
“Yes, and why do you ask? Ate you chatting with her too?” She queried with an emoji.
What should I answer now? Yes, No, Yes…. I contemplated.
“No. I was just asking,” I lied.
I guess my response kinda gave her some boost and relief. She was bombarding me with questions and I felt she was already falling for me. I could read it from every single message she sent. Though my responses were one line and sometimes I replied late but she never complained.

Before she went to bed, she sent me “Goodnight” with three yellow love emoji.
“Goodnight dear,” I sent.
“You can’t even reciprocate,” she said with a frown emoji.
I quite understood what she meant, so I sent a smiling emoji before rephrasing my Goodnight text. I added three emoji but mine was a different color; the red ones.
I waited for her response but nothing came forth. Five.. ten..fifteen minutes gone, and we were both online. So, I continued my conversation with her sister. We were making plans for Valentine outing. Not long, Nora went off.
____
The following day, I got lots of WhatsApp messages from Nora which she eventually deleted the moment her messages ticked double blue. The contents of her messages justified the fact that she was young and naïve. She literally showed interest on me, indirectly.
Fortunately, I had read the messages before she deleted them all. I simply ignored her Dm. She later chatted me and that was how flirting set in.

Long story short, on 14th February, I made a costly mistake that ruined everything I shared with both sisters. I had posted her sister’s pictures on my WhatsApp status with captions that literally said she was the love of my life The post came very early; I had posted the moment I woke up before going about my morning rituals.
It totally escaped my mind to block Nora from viewing the status. I was the type that posted my stuffs without blocking any damn being. I was always of the opinion that it was the highest kind of hypocrisy and a compromised lifestyle. Never knew I would one day need to block ‘A’ before posting ‘B’. Damn! I caused it myself.
Nora was even the first to view all the three pictures I posted. The third picture was a picture of her sister and I in a very romantic pose.

“So, you are actually dating my sister? I should have known. I shouldn’t have believed everything you ever said to me! Why do you want to have two sisters at the same time? Chrisssss… you are evil! I’m going to tell my sister about all you have been chatting with me and all the pictures we both had, the outing too…” Nora threatened as she went on to bombard me with messages.

She later sent a voice note, yelling and saying all manner of abusive stuffs. I couldn’t believe she could say all of that. Girl was literally mad at me. She never wanted me to explain, and just when I wanted to reply her messages, her profile suddenly went blank. Yes, she blocked me.
Fast forward to 12:00pm. I dialed her sister’s line but she didn’t pick. Called again and again, same result. Checked her online but she wasn’t there. I guess Nora already did her worst; I said, scratching my hair.

Moment later, she called but her voice changed. When I asked why she seemed cold, she said she was feeling a bit under the weather. Unconvincingly, I pressed on.
“We still goin' out right?”
“Erm…erm, I don’t think I can make it again,” came her shocking response.
My heart beat skipped and I could feel it beating faster and faster, thudding against my ribs. Cold shivers ran through my spines.
“Chris, please, can we talk later?” She hanged up.

She never called back nor picked when I called severally. Instead, she switched my line to busy mode. Sent her couple of messages on WhatsApp but she wasn’t opening my messages. When finally we talked, she was mad at me for taking her sister out without her consent. She expressed her displeasure on how I had the nerves to flirt with her sister, still without mentioning I had Nora’s number. She said, flirting with her sister was the pettiest thing I ever did.

Girl said she’s going on break with the whole relationship stuff.
Omo, na from that so called break everything take end. Till today we no dey vibe again.

I put all the blames on Nora, but my friend said it was all my fault!
Do you also agree with them? Was it really my fault?
Please, drop your comments, I'd like to read your view.

©️FrankWriter1
Storyteller

Twitter and IG: frankwriter1

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

i / Etisalat BIS Is Now #1,000 / Article: Showing Off Your Butt In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.