Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA (17819 Views)

Femi Osibona Arrested In 2020 For Resisting Sealing Ikoyi Building (Throwback / Nifemi, PA To Owner Of Collapsed Ikoyi Building Found Dead, Osibona Trapped / LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by jaxxy(m): 7:38am On Feb 13, 2022
So where are the dogs now?

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by BarrElChapo(m): 7:41am On Feb 13, 2022
Lies.. the man is dead so they should continue undecided

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:42am On Feb 13, 2022
And so because of the dogs they left him alone angry

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by nedekid: 7:42am On Feb 13, 2022
gboyetade:
Very stupid talk.

Lolz, which is the stupid talk, that of the poster or the gov official?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by nedekid: 7:43am On Feb 13, 2022
jaxxy:
So where are the dogs now?
Abi, where are the cows?

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by oilmane(m): 7:43am On Feb 13, 2022
Biodun556:

https://punchng.com/ikoyi-building-collapse-osibona-threatened-our-officials-with-dogs-says-lasbca/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1644648383

Was the notice complied with? What did you guys do at the expiration of your notice? So you guys ran back to your office after being threatened with a dog? Don't you have a means to enforce your order? Will you do that if it was a poor man that owned the property?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by zikter(m): 7:45am On Feb 13, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
And so because of the dogs they left him alone angry
No, they served a stop work order
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by zikter(m): 7:49am On Feb 13, 2022
oilmane:

Was the notice complied with? What did you guys do at the expiration of your notice? So you guys ran back to your office after being threatened with a dog? Don't you have a means to enforce your order? Will you do that if it was a poor man that owned the property?
True questions especially the last one. The answer is that, poor men don't have connections to stop government officials. So if it was a poor man, they would have demolished the building

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by ceejayluv(m): 7:50am On Feb 13, 2022
walemoney007:
What a stupid talk from a Government Official

I do not believe this woman, she needs to be fired for opening her mouth and saying this sort of talk.

She does not have the capability to do her job effectively.

She don chop bribe belleful
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by Bigchristo: 7:54am On Feb 13, 2022
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by YeyeGbami: 7:55am On Feb 13, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
This woman is probably saying half truth

Her people have probably come there over and over to fleece the man of money and not necessarily to insist on what to be done

The man get angry over the many money without record/receipts he has been paying and how they want to turn him to their personal ATM hence he treaten to unleash dogs on them

If you’re doing that kind of project and you’re doing the right thing i doubt if anyone can force you to give them money.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 13, 2022
I was more distressed at the detour of his friend, Bob-Oseni to the project, on his way to the airport!

Reminded me of many years ago in Lagos. A guy was travelling to the US the next day but was going around saying farewell to his friends. It was the same building collapse. He was trapped inside. People could hear him shouting, "Don't let me die like this. I'm going to America tomorrow" until he fell silent. He died!!

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by madjune(m): 7:58am On Feb 13, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
I was more distressed at the detour of his friend, Bob-Oseni to the project, on his way to the airport!

Reminded me of many years ago in Lagos. A guy was travelling to the US the next day but was going around saying farewell to his friends. It was the same building collapse. He was trapped inside. People could hear him shouting, "Don't let me die like this. I'm going to America tomorrow" until he fell silent. He died!!

Your narrative is very funny and equally tragic.

You've got a blessed sense of humor.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by karnap(m): 8:04am On Feb 13, 2022
Why didn't you tell the government, and ynow you are talking, rubbish
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by oluwaseyi0: 8:04am On Feb 13, 2022
YeyeGbami:

If you’re doing that kind of project and you’re doing the right thing i doubt if anyone can force you to give them money.

Then I doubt you've handle or been part of a building project in Lagos

The thanks for coming that this people expect from you will be more than what you have to pay to the government, if you don't pay/bribe them handsomely they will give you bad review, seal the building and continuing giving you bad review until 'you do normal'

It doesn't matter what else you've done right, the first right thing according to them is greasing their palm

And it's not just one group, different team from different department/agency will keep showing up every now and then expecting same king-like treatment
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by Mamuzo13(f): 8:10am On Feb 13, 2022
Hi guys, I'm currently running a Chemistry Foundational class tutorial on WhatsApp. I call it a foundational class because we're not just covering the typical syllabus. We are teaching and simplifying problematic but key areas in Chemistry. Do you have problems balancing equations, writing electronic configurations, determining the outcome of a chemical reaction, writing iupac names, and you are in SS1, 2, 3 or even passed then this class is for you. The class holds 3 days a week at 8:30pm. Fees are the cheapest. N300 per week; N100 naira per lesson. You can pay with transfer or recharge card. Classes start 15th February. Dm me on 09031109787 to pay and be added to the group. Payment confirms addition to the group. Do not ignore this if you are preparing for exams and you have shaky foundation in Chemistry. Please share to people who need this. Join before classes go far Thanks. �
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by Munamoqel: 8:10am On Feb 13, 2022
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by cugardmalino: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2022
mariovito:
In my dialect, there's a saying that goes thus; Onye meke ihan, ome onwe. Loosely translates to "in an attempt to get at someone, you may end up doing yourself in.

Some laws are actually meant to protect us from ourselves.
See my Agbor brother! I greet u most specially

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by DarkJeddi(m): 8:16am On Feb 13, 2022
walemoney007:
What a stupid talk from a Government Official

I do not believe this woman, she needs to be fired for opening her mouth and saying this sort of talk.

She does not have the capability to do her job effectively.
You are talking as if you don't live in this shithole..
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by mariovito(m): 8:24am On Feb 13, 2022
I greet you too nwene. Aani?
cugardmalino:

See my Agbor brother! I greet u most specially
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:30am On Feb 13, 2022
Why should they be lying against the dead, they are government officials for crying out loud, such things can't happen...
Note * I have seen how labsca operate and when they think you are kind of aggressive they come with heavy task force... This is a shame to Lagos state government angry
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by ChrisIntegral(m): 8:33am On Feb 13, 2022
my dialect, there's a saying that goes thus; Onye meke ihan, ome onwe...

Ika dialect tongue

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by mediainc: 8:43am On Feb 13, 2022
A video showed the man being arrested, so how come the construction site was not locked by the authority. That woman is not saying the whole truth.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by Beermoney1: 9:17am On Feb 13, 2022
The Osibona of a guy got what is due him, the only bad and tragic part is the innocent lives he sacrificed on his altar of greed
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by Onyenna(m): 9:24am On Feb 13, 2022
mariovito:
In my dialect, there's a saying that goes thus; Onye meke ihan, ome onwe. Loosely translates to "in an attempt to get at someone, you may end up doing yourself in.

Some laws are actually meant to protect us from ourselves.

Nice one....

I understood what you wrote..... But which dialect is that? Anụbeghị m ya mbụ.........

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by mariovito(m): 9:29am On Feb 13, 2022
Daaru nwene.
Asusum wu Ika (Agbor).

Mwu Onye Ika.

Onyenna:

Nice one....

I understood what you wrote..... But which dialect is that? Anụbeghị m ya mbụ.........
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by 1819nit: 9:54am On Feb 13, 2022
[s]
post=110184440:
According to Olawale’s statement on oath to the inquest, the late Mr Femi osibona, Managing Director of Fourscore Heights Limited, had in November 2018 briefed his team that he wanted to build four-storey buildings of three blocks at Gerard Road, Ikoyi Lagos.

He noted that while working on the design, osibona reversed the brief to three blocks of 14-floors (ground plus 13 suspended floors).

Questioning the witness, George said “in paragraph 20 of your Witness Statement on Oath, you said and I quote “Construction works on the three blocks commenced simultaneously with piling works.

“On conclusion of the piling works, Pile Integrity Test (PIT) carried out on the piles showed failure in 23 of the piles installed and we recommended that the failed piles be replaced.’

“Mr Olawale, which of the blocks were you complaining about’’.

Responding Olawale answered, “my complaint was on Block B, the collapsed building.”

The witness said that in the course of replacing the failed piles, osibona requested that Block B be re-designed to 18 floors (ground plus 17 suspended floors) and his team received a reversed architectural drawing.

“When we redesigned the building to 18-floors I was told by osibona that he took the design to the government for approval but I did not see the approval.

What a sad incident.
[/s]
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by wirinet(m): 9:58am On Feb 13, 2022
oilmane:

That's the crust of the matter. In the Nigerian federal system states don't have powers to enforce criminal laws. That's why states resort to thuggery to enforce most tax laws and even other civil laws.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by OyiOtukpo: 10:13am On Feb 13, 2022
She's saying partial truth, but the reason why they were not let in is what she hasn't said. Once you let them in, whether there's a fault or not, they impose a fine on the building, depending on the size and purpose of the building. When you negotiate, they reduce it and collect, issue a fake receipt and share the money. If you don't pay, they begin to destroy the building and cart away materials and tools. The fee is always very outrageous. They'd tell you, someone that has money to build this kind of structure can afford that. quoteee author=walemoney007 post=110184084]What a stupid talk from a Government Official

She does not have the capability to do her job effectively.[/quote]
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by treatise: 10:13am On Feb 13, 2022
.... And now dogs locked his blood like they did to Jezebel in Naboth's vineyard story.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA by Onyenna(m): 10:29am On Feb 13, 2022
mariovito:
Daaru nwene.
Asusum wu Ika (Agbor).

Mwu Onye Ika.

Ooh.... okay....

Awu m onye Imo state.....

Happy Sunday.....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Razes Church, Market In Badagry,lagos / FG’s Mortgage Scheme Kicked Off With First Set Of 10,000 Houses / Fire Guts Post Office In Osogbo, Osun State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.