Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,043 members, 7,863,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:53 AM

A Love Letter: From A Loving Father To His Prodigal Son Who Left Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Love Letter: From A Loving Father To His Prodigal Son Who Left Home (374 Views)

Kenyan Man Returns Empty-Handed 42 Years After He Left Home For Greener Pastures / Missing Katherine Isaiah Fegor Found 12 Days After She Left Home (Photos) / Ghana: Family Reunites With 20-Year-Old Son Who Was Missing At Age 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Love Letter: From A Loving Father To His Prodigal Son Who Left Home by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:14am On Feb 13, 2022
A Love Letter: From A Loving Father To His Prodigal Son Who Left Home

Dear Son,

it's my sincere desire that this letter finds you safe and in good health.

Since the day you left, life has never been the same.

I've tried so hard to move on, but the more I tried, the more I discovered that's you were an integral part of me, so I can't move on from myself.

The day you left home was the worst day of my life. It was a day of many tears. I cried like I never thought I could, so hard my eyes become sore.

I couldn't sleep, eat, or do anything worthwhile. I was completely lost in the thought of why you would decide to leave me, despite all I have done to prove my love for you and that i really cared about you.

I couldn't believe my eyes when you told me you'd be leaving home, that I should give you your own share of my possession. It felt like a sharp spear had pierced through my soul, yet I still gave you what you asked for, because thought I should respect your decision and let you have what you wished even though it hurt me real bad.

You broke my heart in two son, but I still love you and wish you well, hoping that one day you come to realize that no one could ever love you and care about you like I do.

I hope though that day won't come too late, so you don't get to destroy what's left of my heart.

I'm still hoping, waiting patiently, outside at the gate, looking out for you, if peradventure, you'd be the next person I'd see, so i could embrace you, kiss you, and welcome you back home, right here with me, which is where you truly belong.

I would put on a new robe on you and a ring on your finger, to signify that even though you wronged me, i have forgiven you and you're still my son.

I would tell my servants to kill the biggest cow, and prepare it, so we could celebrate, because my son was once lost, but now is found. He who was once dead, but now is alive.

With love from your Dad.

God.
Re: A Love Letter: From A Loving Father To His Prodigal Son Who Left Home by donbachi(m): 9:20am On Feb 13, 2022
The letter no sound like the son jump fence run away.rather,the son passed thru opened gate and went his way.
Re: A Love Letter: From A Loving Father To His Prodigal Son Who Left Home by Amotolongbo(f): 9:51am On Feb 13, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
A Love Letter: From A Loving Father To His Prodigal Son Who Left Home

Dear Son,

it's my sincere desire that this letter finds you safe and in good health.

Since the day you left, life has never been the same.

I've tried so hard to move on, but the more I tried, the more I discovered that's you were an integral part of me, so I can't move on from myself.

The day you left home was the worst day of my life. It was a day of many tears. I cried like I never thought I could, so hard my eyes become sore.

I couldn't sleep, eat, or do anything worthwhile. I was completely lost in the thought of why you would decide to leave me, despite all I have done to prove my love for you and that i really cared about you.

I couldn't believe my eyes when you told me you'd be leaving home, that I should give you your own share of my possession. It felt like a sharp spear had pierced through my soul, yet I still gave you what you asked for, because thought I should respect your decision and let you have what you wished even though it hurt me real bad.

You broke my heart in two son, but I still love you and wish you well, hoping that one day you come to realize that no one could ever love you and care about you like I do.

I hope though that day won't come too late, so you don't get to destroy what's left of my heart.

I'm still hoping, waiting patiently, outside at the gate, looking out for you, if peradventure, you'd be the next person I'd see, so i could embrace you, kiss you, and welcome you back home, right here with me, which is where you truly belong.

I would put on a new robe on you and a ring on your finger, to signify that even though you wronged me, i have forgiven you and you're still my son.

I would tell my servants to kill the biggest cow, and prepare it, so we could celebrate, because my son was once lost, but now is found. He who was once dead, but now is alive.

With love from your Dad.

God.
But after this professed love from a father supposed to be very powerful to do and undo all things, this same father still watches and allow the loved sons (prodigal and non prodigal) to pass through suffering, tribulations, sickness, accident, killing and die?
Re: A Love Letter: From A Loving Father To His Prodigal Son Who Left Home by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:53am On Feb 13, 2022
donbachi:
The letter no sound like the son jump fence run away.rather,the son passed thru opened gate and went his way.
Who said he didn't pass through open gate?
Re: A Love Letter: From A Loving Father To His Prodigal Son Who Left Home by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:56am On Feb 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:
But after this professed love from a father supposed to be very powerful to do and undo all things, this same father still watches and allow the loved sons (prodigal and non prodigal) to pass through suffering, tribulations, sickness, accident, killing and die?
It's the choice the son made for himself. The Father cannot choose for His son.

The only way for the son to enjoy all that the Father has for him and not suffer those things, is to be where they are, which is with the Father, not outside of Him.
Re: A Love Letter: From A Loving Father To His Prodigal Son Who Left Home by Amotolongbo(f): 9:58am On Feb 13, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
It's the choice the son made for himself. The Father cannot choose for His son.

The only way for the son to enjoy all that the Father has for him and not suffer those things, is to be where they are, which is with the Father, not outside of Him.
So the ones with the father don’t get sick, impoverished, starved, accident, killed and die?
Re: A Love Letter: From A Loving Father To His Prodigal Son Who Left Home by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:47am On Feb 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:
So the ones with the father don’t get sick, impoverished, starved, accident, killed and die?
Okay now I get what you're driving at. What you should understand is that, everyone you speak of have left the Father and is a prodigal son in that sense, so it's only when they actually got into the Father's House that they'd get to enjoy all those benefits.

Therefore in the meantime, you could say that those who've repented and had a change of heart but still go through some of those things you mentioned which holds outside of the Father's House, were yet on their way, and haven't gotten into the Father House yet.

(1) (Reply)

Door To Door Delivery Of Food Items In Abuja / Get Essential Bags: Cooler, Lunch,travel, Handbags ,purses . / Important Of Survellence Smart Security Camera At Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.