Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

My Experience With A Man Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With A Man Of God (546 Views)

Why God Says I Must Become President Of Nigeria - Young Man of God / Adeboye: "Pastor Who Anoints Women On Their Breasts Is Not A Man Of God' / Jim Iyke Punch Prophet TB Joshua ''man Of God You Took Advantage Of Me'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Man Of God by aboyaji(m): 8:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
I posted my vehicle online for sale. A friend and colleague of mine from my previous work place showed interest to bring a client for the car. That was how the news filtered throughout my previous work place.

Just around Monday or Tuesday this week, someone called that he was coming to check the car. We scheduled an appointment for the next Day.

Early morning of the main day by 9am, he showed up and I picked him from the junction and to my house. After test driving and inspection, he priced it below average and I declined. Then I decided to see him off while having a gist down the street.

He said it was his first time spending more than a day in Abuja and he had spent 4-5 days already looking for a car to get with his budget and that he's a PASTOR and looking out for a good car for his wife.

Now, here's what he said that made me raise an eyebrow.

He said "Do you know what I must have missed only spending all these days in Abuja? At least, I would have gotten something from those women who come for prayers. At least they would have given me something or blessed my life if I was around to pray for them".

My ears tingled and stood at attention. My God, so this is how shallow this man of God reasons? Or rather, this is how the business is run, closed up?

Is it all about the money and gifts?

I started analysing him immediately.

1. Do I think his wife looks at him as a man of God or a husband who goes to his work place and comes back with money?

2. Whenever he wakes up from sleep, where do I think his wife thinks he goes to as a husband who fends for his family? Church or work place?

3. How does the wife react when he comes back with the car? (My husband bought me a car from the proceeds of other peoples ignorance / gullibility or from what)

4. Do I think his wife sees him more that a husband?

5. Does his wife sees him like a true man of God who can shake the mountain and truly command things to be?

6. Olee otu nwunye ya si ahuta ndi na-eso azu di ya n'ulo uka?

I am a Christian. I am not persecuting anybody or anything. I am asking a question. I am a human. I must learn.

It's not by telling us "Bless you, bless you" that makes one a true follower of Christ.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man Of God by aboyaji(m): 8:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
As for me, I live a normal peaceful lifestyle. I make sure I don't get involved in violence.

But as for patronising pastors, that's one thing I will never ever do again in my Life till eternity.

Those people are like you and I. Just get down on your knees and pray to God almighty and he'll see you through.

I've had my fair share with them countless times. That was while growing up.

I do not attend church services regularly. But I pray regularly. That's how I live.

Peace be unto us all.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man Of God by aboyaji(m): 8:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
Re: My Experience With A Man Of God by Kobojunkiee: 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
aboyaji:
I started analysing him immediately.

1. Do I think his wife looks at him as a man of God or a husband who goes to his work place and comes back with money?

2. Whenever he wakes up from sleep, where do I think his wife thinks he goes to as a husband who fends for his family? Church or work place?

3. How does the wife react when he comes back with the car? (My husband bought me a car from the proceeds of other peoples ignorance / gullibility or from what)

4. Do I think his wife sees him more that a husband?

5. Does his wife sees him like a true man of God who can shake the mountain and truly command things to be?

6. Olee otu nwunye ya si ahuta ndi na-eso azu di ya n'ulo uka?

I am a Christian. I am not persecuting anybody or anything. I am asking a question. I am a human. I must learn.

It's not by telling us "Bless you, bless you that makes one a true follower of Christ".
1. Depends on the level of indoctrination fueling her existence at this point. Some of them believe they are guaranteed entry into Heaven simply by being married to a pastor or mog. undecided

Some even believe children they have with their pastor/mog husband's are born holy and guaranteed a place in heaven.... the delusion is strong with a lot of them. undecided

2. Probably the "house of God". grin

3. More likely that God has done it again for them. See they are quite aware that their husbands fleece God's sheep to provide for them, but probably like Hitler's wife before them, it is all good as long as it helps them realize their dreams.. undecided

4. Likely a god of sorts depending on how strong the delusion is with her. undecided

5. Again, this depends on how strong the delusion is with her.. undecided

6. Probably believes they are helpers for her husband. Who knows how strong the delusion runs for her. undecided
Re: My Experience With A Man Of God by aboyaji(m): 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
1. Depends on the level of indoctrination fueling her existence at this point. Some of them believe they are guaranteed entry into Heaven simply by being married to a pastor or mog. undecided

Some even believe children they have with their pastor/mog husband's are born holy and guaranteed a place in heaven.... the delusion is strong with a lot of them. undecided

2. Probably the "house of God". grin

3. More likely that God has done it again for them. See they are quite aware that their husbands fleece God's sheep to provide for them, but probably like Hitler's wife before them, it is all good as long as it helps them realize their dreams.. undecided

4. Likely a god of sorts depending on how strong the delusion is with her. undecided

5. Again, this depends on how strong the delusion is with her.. undecided

6. Probably believes they are helpers for her husband. Who knows how strong the delusion runs for her. undecided

grin cheesy cheesy

You're very funny, yet correct.

The gullibility in African blood system is very potent.

The other self acclaimed pastor friend I had fleeced another friend of ours with the use of "God bless you".

From borrowing money from him and refusing to pay back and having the guy's business run down to providing him a means to waste.

I don't have business with pastors.
Re: My Experience With A Man Of God by Kobojunkiee: 9:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
aboyaji:
grin cheesy cheesy
You're very funny, yet correct.
The gullibility in African blood system is very potent.
The other self acclaimed pastor friend I had fleeced another friend of ours.
From borrowing money from him and refusing to pay back and having the guy's business run down to providing him a means to waste.
I don't have business with pastors.
Those who you refer to as pastors and mogs are instead the false teachers and false prophets Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of. He warned they could come to steal, kill and destroy, using his name. undecided

God never sent any pastors or mogs to shephered anyone to begin with. But ignorance is what has rendered many gullible victims of the frauds. undecided
Re: My Experience With A Man Of God by Olumighty123(m): 9:48pm On Feb 13, 2022
A pastor once asked his congregation that he needed 60k, not for God, neither is it for anything partainung to the church, he said he needed it to buy food stuff plus rent and school fees, he was sha able to raise 15k that moment, then this man lamented, how could his member only donates 15k, when he quited his job to go into full ministry so his members can be blessed, I burst into laughter grin
Re: My Experience With A Man Of God by Flexherbal(m): 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
Salvation is personal
Re: My Experience With A Man Of God by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:55am On Feb 14, 2022
Only a blockhead believes anything that comes out a pastor's mouth..
Re: My Experience With A Man Of God by aboyaji(m): 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2022
Flexherbal:
Salvation is personal
Very personal, yet you won't hear that part from the preacher's mouth.

Kobojunkiee:
Those who you refer to as pastors and mogs are instead the false teachers and false prophets Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of. He warned they could come to steal, kill and destroy, using his name. undecided

God never sent any pastors or mogs to shephered anyone to begin with. But ignorance is what has rendered many gullible victims of the frauds. undecided

This reminds me of a certain pastor that my mom once patronised some years back for prayers.

He was all out for collectibles. He only collected and rendered many penniless (my mom inclusive). I visited his church then too but out of stubbornness and coming to realization, I called it quits.

There was a fateful Sunday he visited our home and mom had arranged for his coming with his wife.

I came back from my own church (Catholic) and went straight to eat in the kitchen. Mom was sounding alarm of this man's visit, while I became deaf at the very moment.

The man came, mom entertained them and I was busy scrapping the bottom of the pot and shoving it into my mouth. I was in the kitchen untill they left. Mom was very furious with me.

I boldly told mom that THOSE PEOPLE ARE HUMANS. THEY'RE NOT SPIRITS OR ANGELS OR GOD THAT I WILL FIGET.

Mom was very sad that day, while I continued scrapping the bottom of the pot unending. undecided

Who dem help?

Recently, mom called me from the East and during our conversation, I subtly asked her "how about that pastor"?

Mum said...... "All he's about is money. I don't go there anymore. He wants to wreck people".

grin grin grin
Re: My Experience With A Man Of God by Kobojunkiee: 8:49pm On Feb 14, 2022
aboyaji:
Recently, mom called me from the East and during our conversation, I subtly asked her "how about that pastor"?

Mum said...... "All he's about is money. I don't go there anymore. He wants to wreck people".

grin grin grin
Sadly, all if the churches of this world are run by the very false teachers and false prophets. Oh, in fact anyone who bows to the doctrines and traditions of the churches of this world no go enter Heaven at all at all. undecided

I am believing God to save my own family from the lie that is men and their churches too. undecided

(1) (Reply)

I'm Beginning To Question Almost Everything I Believed In / Pastor Dana Coverstone’s 2020 Dreams Reveal The End Times Before The Rapture / I Just Eat Rat Poison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.