Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,181 members, 7,957,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

Ex-sampdoria Star Returns At Age 46 After 12-year Cocaine Ban - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ex-sampdoria Star Returns At Age 46 After 12-year Cocaine Ban (263 Views)

How Was Cristiano Ronaldo Able To Win All These In The EPL At Age 22 And 23? / The Premier League Returns - All You Need To Know / Arsene Wenger Returns As FIFA's Chief Of Global Football Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-sampdoria Star Returns At Age 46 After 12-year Cocaine Ban by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 14, 2022
The ex-Serie A forward, who played over 100 games in the top tier of Italian football between 1993 and 2010, returned in the fifth tier
Article continues below
Former Fiorentina and Sampdoria striker Francesco Flachi made his return to football this weekend at the age of 46 - a dozen years on from his ban for cocaine use.
The ex-Serie A forward, who played over 100 games in the top tier of Italian football during a career stretching between 1993 and 2010, was suspended for 12 years following a relapse while at Brescia in Serie B.
With a desire to end his career on his terms, Flachi has made a return with fifth-tier outfit Signa 1914 near his hometown of Florence after training with the club throughout the past five months.

What has been said?

Flachi played 30 minutes in Signa's 2-2 draw against Prato 2000, and the former Italy youth international said afterwards that he was delighted to finally return.
“This day cancels 12 years of disqualification. It is my rebirth," Flachi told Gazzetta dello Sport. "This is the proof that I have also rebuilt.
“What have I felt? At first I felt dizzy, I haven't slept for a week due to tension.
"Now I'm so happy, I want to thank everyone who made me feel like I was before: a football player."

Flachi adds coda to storied career

The player's cameo turn allows him to potentially finish his career on his own terms, a dozen years on from his apparent swan song at Brescia after he was suspended for a second cocaine breach.
Article continues below
Before his drugs ban however, he had made his name with Fiorentina and Sampdoria, helping both clubs out of Serie B during his respective tenures, while winning the Coppa Italia in 1996 with the former as a youngster.
But it is perhaps his haul of 110 goals with Sampdoria that remains his most famed achievement, with only Gianluca Vialli (141) and Roberto Mancini (171) having netted more goals for the Blucerchiati over the years.
lalasticlala mynd44 seun mukina2 Dominique

Re: Ex-sampdoria Star Returns At Age 46 After 12-year Cocaine Ban by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 14, 2022
Effects of drug trafficking or abuse
Re: Ex-sampdoria Star Returns At Age 46 After 12-year Cocaine Ban by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 14, 2022
But wait can u still play football
Re: Ex-sampdoria Star Returns At Age 46 After 12-year Cocaine Ban by inspectorg(m): 9:14am On Feb 14, 2022
Drug addicts usually go broke and comeback to their senses.

(1) (Reply)

Mark Lawrenson Predicts Chelsea FC V Liverpool FC In League Cup Final / Burnley V Newcastle Prediction & Preview / MANCHESTER CITY 2-1 LIVERPOOL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.