Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On (914 Views)

Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On / I Want To Start Programming Which Is Best To Start With / I Want To Learn Programming Which Language Willl I Start With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by rolams(m): 11:58am On Feb 14, 2022
Dear programmers,

Pls, I need your guidance on the area I can really focus on. I am a novice in the programming field.

Your contribution really matters.

@ mods, I don't mind if this can be moved the front page.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by rolams(m): 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2022
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by rolams(m): 12:45pm On Feb 14, 2022
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by earthsync(f): 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2022
It's only you that can figure that out yourself.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by rolams(m): 11:09am On Feb 17, 2022
earthsync:
It's only you that can figure that out yourself.

Ok. Just as If I don't know anything about programming at all.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by macanakii: 1:03pm On Feb 17, 2022
rolams:

Ok. Just as If I don't know anything about programming at all.

If you don't know anything about it at all... Why do you want to start it?

Something must have called your attention... Maybe you heard or saw something. That will help determine what your next step should be
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by airsaylongcome: 1:33pm On Feb 17, 2022
macanakii:

Something must have called your attention... Maybe you heard or saw something. That will help determine what your next step should be

Na money o..."Programmers earn a lot of money" na hin call am

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by rolams(m): 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2022
macanakii:

I love computer and I want to go beyond microsoft word.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by Excel70: 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Hi, I am on the slack group, you guys talk about other fields in I.t apart from coding and UI/UX. Can you please explain how to get the required skills for this fields e.g system admin
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by airsaylongcome: 2:04pm On Feb 17, 2022
Excel70:

Hi, I am on the slack group, you guys talk about other fields in I.t apart from coding and UI/UX. Can you please explain how to get the required skills for this fields e.g system admin

Interesting. Ask on the channel. The general channel. I'm more than happy to mentor you on Linux Sys Admin.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by Excel70: 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Interesting. Ask on the channel. The general channel. I'm more than happy to mentor you on Linux Sys Admin.
I will do that
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by macanakii: 2:47pm On Feb 17, 2022
rolams:

I love computer and I want to go beyond microsoft word.

That sounds good. I honestly usually find it difficult to advise what a beginner should start with, maybe because of my rough start.

But you should definitely start with whatever you find interesting and enjoyable... something that doesn't feel like stress to you. But how do you know without even trying? That's where the problem lies. I scratched the surface of so many languages/areas before settling for one...

I did HTML and CSS, then after that I started jumping between Javascript, PHP, Python and Java. I found both JS and Python more interesting, and Python even more interesting. I remember I could do most Andela algorithm questions easily with Python, but then I was thinking of projects I could build and use to show off my skills but I found it difficult to come up with something meaningful. I tried Tkinter, Kivy and Django, but they didn't really make sense to me. I had to go back to JavaScript, and then I came across FreeCodeCamp and that was where things started to make sense.

I shared that little epistle maybe you will learn one or two things from it. So try and do some Google search, spend a few days on anything that seems interesting to you, if it bores you try something else. I believe you will find your way before you try 4/5 things.

Do reach out if you need more help.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by macanakii: 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:

grin
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by rolams(m): 3:05pm On Feb 17, 2022
macanakii:

That sounds good. I honestly usually find it difficult to advise what a beginner should start with, maybe because of my rough start.

But you should definitely start with whatever you find interesting and enjoyable... something that doesn't feel like stress to you. But how do you know without even trying? That's where the problem lies. I scratched the surface of so many languages/areas before settling for one...

I did HTML and CSS, then after that I started jumping between Javascript, PHP, Python and Java. I found both JS and Python more interesting, and Python even more interesting. I remember I could do most Andela algorithm questions easily with Python, but then I was thinking of projects I could build and use to show off my skills but I found it difficult to come up with something meaningful. I tried Tkinter, Kivy and Django, but they didn't really make sense to me. I had to go back to JavaScript, and then I came across FreeCodeCamp and that was where things started to make sense.

I shared that little epistle maybe you will learn one or two things from it. So try and do some Google search, spend a few days on anything that seems interesting to you, if it bores you try something else. I believe you will find your way before you try 4/5 things.

Do reach out if you need more help.

Wow! Thanks so much. You really opened my eyes. May God bless you beyond human imagination.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by hucknall: 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2022
rolams:

Wow! Thanks so much. You really opened my eyes. May God bless you beyond human imagination.
Amen
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by brijibs: 12:21am On Feb 21, 2022
Excel70:

Please, share the link to the Slack group. Thanks

Cc: airsaylongcome
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 21, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Review: I Developed A GPA Calculator For Student / Coming Home / Rubyonrails Anyone New Scripting Language By A Japanese Man Called "matz"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.