Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Gadhafi's Envoy Visits Nigeria To Seek Nigeria's Help! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gadhafi's Envoy Visits Nigeria To Seek Nigeria's Help! (624 Views)

ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation / Cameroonian Special Envoy Visits Buhari (photos) / Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gadhafi's Envoy Visits Nigeria To Seek Nigeria's Help! by volasunkan: 11:20pm On Jun 24, 2011
I just saw on Channelstv Col Gadhaffi's top envoy speaking to state house correspondents his reason for visiting Nigeria.According to him,he brings words from Gadhaff requesting Nigeria's support ahead of the AU's summit,they want to learn from Nigeria,as they believe they can learn from the Nigerian experience on how to manage civil war and still remain intact as a single nation shocked shocked grin grin.As the country realised that on both sides of the warring parties in Libya,every death recorded is a Libyan death.
What amassed me is that a proud and arrogant Gaddaffi who arrogantly declared that Nigeria is a fake entity which deserves to be divided into north and south due to religious difference.These very undiplomatic statement made by gadaffi,i recalled,caused a major uproar in Nigeria.While,I dont think share the argument that Gadaffi is unwarranted,what baffled me is the shocking turn of events just few months after he made that remark!.Even Libya,he prides to be religiously 'harmonious' is seeing the worst of disharmony! shocked shocked.
The christian lesson that advises one to first remove that log in ones eyes before you remove the speck in another person's eye becomes relevant.
becareful what you wish others undecided
Re: Gadhafi's Envoy Visits Nigeria To Seek Nigeria's Help! by volasunkan: 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan has welcomed the commitment of the United Kingdom to a reinvigoration of bilateral relations with Nigeria.

President Jonathan was speaking to the Rt. Hon. Andrew Mitchell, British Secretary of State for International Development, at State House, Friday.

He said Mr. Mitchell�s visit, the first by a cabinet minister from the UK in nearly five years was a welcome sign that relations were going to be reinvigorated, adding that, �Nigeria is pleased at the commitment to improve relations, especially economic and trade relations�.

President Jonathan recalled Nigeria�s historic relationship with Britain, as well as its key role in Africa, and reassured Mr. Mitchell of the Administration�s total commitment to improving the economy, in order to raise the living standards of citizens.

The President expressed appreciation for Britain�s promise to support Nigeria�s efforts at economic development and security sector reform, urging that access to European markets would make a great difference.

Earlier, the British Secretary of State for International Development, Rt. Hon. Andrew Mitchell, said the United Kingdom wanted to reinvigorate relations with Nigeria through stronger economic cooperation, and support for better basic services and security sector reform.

He said his visit was the first to Nigeria by a Cabinet Minister in almost five years, indicating a desire to restore and reinvigorate the relations between the two countries.

Also today, President Jonathan told the visiting Libyan Foreign Minister, Mr. Abdullahi Oubaidi that the African Union would discuss the country�s situation at the forthcoming AU Summit in Malabo.

Mr. Abdulahi Oubaidi, brought a special message from Col. Muammar Gaddafi to State House, Friday.

Re: Gadhafi's Envoy Visits Nigeria To Seek Nigeria's Help! by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2011
I don't care about the veracity of story. Infact Gaddafi has gotten what he is wishing others.
Re: Gadhafi's Envoy Visits Nigeria To Seek Nigeria's Help! by volasunkan: 11:32pm On Jun 24, 2011
Can oga gej say 'i dey laff oh'? undecided
Re: Gadhafi's Envoy Visits Nigeria To Seek Nigeria's Help! by Emmyk(m): 12:05am On Jun 25, 2011
Oh. I remembered when he said it's time naija splited. And someone said he should just be ignored, Is he talking his words back?
Re: Gadhafi's Envoy Visits Nigeria To Seek Nigeria's Help! by udezue(m): 2:04am On Jun 25, 2011
He was right and is still right.
Re: Gadhafi's Envoy Visits Nigeria To Seek Nigeria's Help! by mikuz(m): 2:08am On Jun 25, 2011
This no doubt is a devil incarnate.
Re: Gadhafi's Envoy Visits Nigeria To Seek Nigeria's Help! by Nobody: 3:49am On Jun 25, 2011
desperate times call for desperate measures cheesy

(1) (Reply)

R.ape: Court Places Osun Monarch On House Arrest. / Boko Haram, Soldiers In Gun Duel For 4 Hours / Jonathan: One-term Proposal Not My Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.