Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,852 members, 7,851,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

Help . How To Deal With Oppression As A Newly Admitted Teen Into The University - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help . How To Deal With Oppression As A Newly Admitted Teen Into The University (250 Views)

EndSARS: We Strongly Oppose Oppression, Brutality And Intimidation - Google / Orji Kalu Admitted To Holding Cell After Conviction [Photos] / See The Moment Atiku Admitted The PDP Looted Funds Under Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help . How To Deal With Oppression As A Newly Admitted Teen Into The University by Jboy777: 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2022
Just got admitted to a university in osun state and right from the moment I stepped into the school all I could see was oppression.. students using expensive phones, wearing flashy dresses it kinda makes me feel sad.

Would be glad if anyone would give me some advice to follow. The opression here is unbearable. Thanks
Re: Help . How To Deal With Oppression As A Newly Admitted Teen Into The University by Senai(m): 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
This is a big one because I totally understand how you feel. You coming here means it has gotten to you already...so don't let me beat around the bush. Your self esteem is already taking a hit. Go to the bookstore and get at least 3 books on building your self esteem. Read it and thank me later. It worked for me...you see all those with gadgets and all? Most of them get those things for validation and to boost their non-existent self esteem. So be better,

it's all in your head.

You want the keys to work and earn online in Dollars? Check my signature for a life changing decision.
Re: Help . How To Deal With Oppression As A Newly Admitted Teen Into The University by Myzubby(m): 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2022
contentment
Re: Help . How To Deal With Oppression As A Newly Admitted Teen Into The University by dasparrow: 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2022
Jboy777:
Just got admitted to a university in osun state and right from the moment I stepped into the school all I could see was oppression.. students using expensive phones, wearing flashy dresses it kinda makes me feel sad.

Would be glad if anyone would give me some advice to follow. The opression here is unbearable. Thanks

No wonder Nigerian youths are now into skull mining and ritualism in order to finance an expensive lifestyle they cannot ordinarily afford. Face your studies and ignore all distractions. Nigeria is a money worshiping society and that is why it is in such a mess today. There is a reason why Hush puppy is now languishing in jail in America. Don't compare yourself to others. Face your studies. If you can't cope in that environment, ask your parents to provide you with funds so you can study abroad instead. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Help . How To Deal With Oppression As A Newly Admitted Teen Into The University by Jboy777: 10:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
Senai:
This is a big one because I totally understand how you feel. You coming here means it has gotten to you already...so don't let me beat around the bush. Your self esteem is already taking a hit. Go to the bookstore and get at least 3 books on building your self esteem. Read it and thank me later. It worked for me...you see all those with gadgets and all? Most of them get those things for validation and to boost their non-existent self esteem. So be better,

it's all in your head.

You want the keys to work and earn online in Dollars? Check my signature for a life changing decision.

Another thing is it's so hard to make friends but thank you btw and yeah I wanna make Dollar online
Re: Help . How To Deal With Oppression As A Newly Admitted Teen Into The University by todaynewsreview: 10:21pm On Feb 14, 2022
Contentment is great gain. Don't use because of all that to considering joining bad association.

1 Like

Re: Help . How To Deal With Oppression As A Newly Admitted Teen Into The University by Healthrelatedjo: 10:26pm On Feb 14, 2022
Op,it's just a matter of time you go join cult and start yahoo...It's better you face what ure there for and remember the son of whom you are.

1 Like

Re: Help . How To Deal With Oppression As A Newly Admitted Teen Into The University by postmosaic: 10:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
You are oppressed because your focus is on things other than your education.
Expensive phones, flashy clothes are momentary gratification and what is in vogue/expensive now may not have much value in years to come.
People were crazy about Blackberry phones at a time. Where is Blackberry today?

Every year, new models of high end phones get released into the market rendering the previous models out of vogue. If you choose to go this route, you will be oppressed throughout your stay in school because the people that can afford these luxuries will keep buying them and flaunting them.

Get your priorities right.
Re: Help . How To Deal With Oppression As A Newly Admitted Teen Into The University by Fairandlovely(f): 11:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
Instead of u 2 concentrate on why u were sent there ,,u're busy eying big phones nd flashy cars b4 u say jack Robinson ur brain don sink like titanic ship,
Nor worry when u go see ur first semester result u go knw say ekpan nor far

(1) (Reply)

Osun Decides / How To Apply For NIN Online In Nigeria / Provide 100,000 Thugs and I'll Transform them to Nation Builders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.