Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,520 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? (13557 Views)

Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers / How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? / Please How Lucrative Is Coconut Oil Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by hamtabfawaz(m): 7:03am On Feb 15, 2022
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Help2020: 7:04am On Feb 15, 2022
dontbothermuch:
smiley

You can buy it & start hiring it for major building constructions.
How come major building construction can't afford to buy one for themselves?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Help2020: 7:04am On Feb 15, 2022
Idamond:
Good day Nairaland!

Is concrete mixer really demanding in a working site?
If you need business to invest in kindly let us know.
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Sheriman(m): 7:06am On Feb 15, 2022
You just reveal this beautiful business strategy freely to people just like that. See how Nigerians go struggle to get that machine in the coming years
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by EkoErrands: 7:10am On Feb 15, 2022
Idamond:
Good day Nairaland!

Only someone who understands the required maintenance practices for this mixer should venture into this business. If you dont know which bolts to tighten from time to time and when to apply black engine oil. Or if you dont know that grease doesnt work for this machine, you will only end up losing your money because repairs on this machine is very expensive. You may never recover your initial 500k. 500k itself can buy 2nd hand not even a new one.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by livinbygrace: 7:11am On Feb 15, 2022
Sheriman:
You just reveal this beautiful business strategy freely to people just like that. See how Nigerians go struggle to get that machine in the coming years

And what’s bad about that or you mean he should have kept it to himself without seeking for knowledge and more information about the business?Change your mindset if you really wants to go far in life .

5 Likes

Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by odurombi: 7:15am On Feb 15, 2022
Gbagura:
Don't venture into any business you know nothing about or that you won't have time to look after. It's better to chop your money than throw it into an endless pit.

Be wise!

Wise advice. That's how people lose their investment.

1 Like

Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by everythinggirly(f): 7:18am On Feb 15, 2022
Wow! We learn everyday, I have never thought of this mixer before, but I look at a few interesting comments, I think it's quite lucrative.

Hit me up for your academic research writing services!
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Dshocker(m): 7:21am On Feb 15, 2022
Idamond:
Good day Nairaland!

You asking this question shows you know nothing patterning the business
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Sheriman(m): 7:26am On Feb 15, 2022
livinbygrace:

And what’s bad about that or you mean he should have kept it to himself without seeking for knowledge and more information about the business?Change your mindset if you really wants to go far in life .
We all know how Nigerians bastardized everything about business in this country. It lucrativity will fade out. Tell me why some big businessmen and companies don't reveal their business plan and strategies freely to anyone. If you reveal your ideas freely to people they may hijacked it from you and use it.

1 Like

Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Dashlish12: 7:28am On Feb 15, 2022
Well it a good business here in lagos back then when i use to operate one by myself (i vividly remembered how those machine owners normally chase me around with calls requesting for my service). The thing is if you dont get a good operator; forget it my brother cuz the machine is a goner. NB. With that capital (500k) you can triple your money in december with cocoa business
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 15, 2022
U wil end up wasting that money if u use it to buy concrete mixer, its nt worth it. the demand for its hire is extremely low.
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Drsnives(m): 7:34am On Feb 15, 2022
Idamond:
Good day Nairaland!

500k for concrete mixer?
Hope you are not dreaming..
It's worth between 950-1.2m
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by verybadmouth(m): 7:35am On Feb 15, 2022
Idamond:
Good day Nairaland!

Bro use your 500k play better 3 odd. You go buy your car sharply. No dull ya self ooo
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by bobbiiee: 7:36am On Feb 15, 2022
Where we work, most people charge between 13 - 15k daily. It's possible to negotiate monthly payment with those leasing it.

It has its own challenges whether you are the owner or not.

1. The nature of work determines the demand for it. There is demand when it's government contract, or when it's a major work, most likely long term, storey building, etc.

2. If the owner does not have a vehicle to transport it, he must have someone that can be contacted at short notice to transport.

3. When you lease, some factor may not allow you to make good use of it.

A. Rain.
B. When there is delay in getting materials to site.
C. When you have unreliable machine operator.
D. If the machine is vandalized.
E. Others.

4. Because most construction are done manually you will need to know those who have needs for it.

5. If the contract is not monthly, and the owner doesn't have someone to check on the machine, there may trust issues when the person that rented it tells the owner that he has not worked for some time.

6. Indeed, it is possible for crafty people to tell you that they have not been working when they are.

7. How do you ensure proper cleaning after use for longevity?

8. They have different mixing capacities. Most of the machines in the market can't mix more than ½ bucket of cement per time.

9. Most mixing machines here are also locally fabricated. What i don't know is how much it will last.

10. For small jobs, most builder will use human labour rather than rent machine. Because aside the cost of renting machines, you will still pay for labour.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Karmaisme(m): 7:36am On Feb 15, 2022
Op, I'll advise you not to buy it if you're not into building construction, you must always be on ground to monitor the usage and maintenance of it.

You also need to laise with someone who has a pickup truck for timely movement.

1 Like

Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by cardoso514: 7:37am On Feb 15, 2022
You need to identify sites and building contractors.once you do this they will rent it regularly
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by mayorkent(m): 7:47am On Feb 15, 2022
500L Concrete mixer costs 950k - 1.4m depending on location .
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Samuelnze(m): 7:55am On Feb 15, 2022
For me oh,i don't think it is a need in most construction sites,,
most people that use it are construction companies,and they normally own and use theirs...
even labourers at times don't use it,,spade and shovel does the work..
save more and invest in a profitable biz..

It comes in handy if the building under construction is as big government secretariet, 5 star hotel, house of assembly(greedy politicians office) etc, not residencial buildings like bungalow and small structures..
Big building structures are always contract awarded to construction companies, who on a norm have theirs

2 Likes

Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by aribisala0(m): 8:00am On Feb 15, 2022
Gbagura:
Don't venture into any business you know nothing about or that you won't have time to look after. It's better to chop your money than throw it into an endless pit.

Be wise!
You have said nothing
How do you get to know about any business

Is any one born with knowledge?
It is when we come to this world that we learn everything.
we know.
If you don't know approach those who know to learn from them.
What does Dangote know about Refinery? He employs those who do know.
There are universal principles that cut across most businesses so one can learn about business in general.
Often one loses money in the process.
There is no great businessman without major failures
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Gbagura: 8:01am On Feb 15, 2022
aribisala0:
You have said nothing
How do you get to know about any business

Is any one born with knowledge?
It is when we come to this world that we learn everything.
we know.
If you don't know approach those who know to learn from them.
What does Dangote know about Refnery? He employs those who do.
There are unveral principles that cut across most businesses so one can learn about business in general.
Often one loses money in the process.
There is no great businessman without major failures

ok
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by TechSkill: 8:06am On Feb 15, 2022
Any business's is lucrative but the potential to be lucrative is highly depended on your drive and determination.

No business is lucrative without owners input.

So let me ask you, how a much determination do you have to make it lucrative?

shocked shocked shocked shocked In other news, I design awesome graphics at affordable prices...

check below to see the amazing designs...and send me a message for yours. Turn around is within 24 hours

https://www.nairaland.com/6986328/affordable-professional-graphics-designer
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by dontbothermuch: 8:17am On Feb 15, 2022
Help2020:

How come major building construction can't afford to buy one for themselves?

There is one construction of a 23 detached 3 bedroom flats in my area, the contractors hired 9 of this machines. Even high rise buildings, the contractors hire such machines because it won't be useful after construction. I think so.
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by lagosrd: 8:20am On Feb 15, 2022
The business is good but requires you to have a bit if knowledge about construction time and labour management. If possible you need your own workmen to take to site so that the job will be smooth and it will be contracted to you.
I will advice you go to site and work first as a foreman or an attache to be able to understand how things work.
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Richiepeecox(m): 8:24am On Feb 15, 2022
Go to Way Street in Mushin to make your enquiry. That's where the building contractors gather their labourers and you will see these mixers there.
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by stanisbaratheon: 8:26am On Feb 15, 2022
If you reside in a state where construcution works are steadily going on, I would suggest you buy it.
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by prophetfire: 8:31am On Feb 15, 2022
Idamond:
Good day Nairaland!

. Don't ever venture into this business if you don't study and know it well first.
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by miqos02(m): 8:31am On Feb 15, 2022
Idamond:
Good day Nairaland!

start with cement trading, you will thank me later. Less stressful
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by miqos02(m): 8:34am On Feb 15, 2022
Sheriman:

We all know how Nigerians bastardized everything about business in this country. It lucrativity will fade out. Tell me why some big businessmen and companies don't reveal their business plan and strategies freely to anyone. If you reveal your ideas freely to people they may hijacked it from you and use it.
boss there is nothing new in that idea, even illiterates invest in it.
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by Nwiboazubuike(m): 8:50am On Feb 15, 2022
Idamond:
Good day Nairaland!

It's actually a good business most big firms prefer this concrete mixer especially when casting of slabs than the manual hand mixing, it makes work moves faster but then you need to be carried along to let people know you so they can always come to hire.. In my state when i worked in Ebonyi state international cargo Airport during the Covid-19 lock down, which is still under construction i think this kind of mixture are hired within 30-40k depending on the agreement per day

If you can go through it but you need to be known, and once the machine is in a sound condition you will enjoy buying it

1 Like

Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by harmonyglobal: 8:52am On Feb 15, 2022
Very lucrative......trust me
Re: Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:11am On Feb 15, 2022
Very very lucrative but depends on the area u are, I have 2 in Abuja, brings money everyday, but there are some expenses attached to it too, u have to provide means of taking it to sites,boys to operate it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN / NNPC Pays N85bn Into Federation Account / Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.