Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

What Are The Benefits And The Challenges Of Being The First Or Last Born. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Benefits And The Challenges Of Being The First Or Last Born. (5184 Views)

A Thread For "Last Born" / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A 'last Born' In A Family? / When Last Born Husband Is Married To The First Born Wife, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Benefits And The Challenges Of Being The First Or Last Born. by minto(m): 12:39am On Aug 02, 2007
Some count themselves extremely lucky to have been the first or the last born of their parents, while to some, it's an unfortunate occurence. If you are the first or the last born of your parents, let's share your experience as regards the benefits and the challenges of been in that position.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Challenges Of Being The First Or Last Born. by Oluchia(f): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2007
Well, I'm the first born in my family and there are both benefits and challenges attached to being a firstborn but I think the challenges are more than the benefits. Right from when I was a kid, it has always beign drummed into my ears especially when I do something bad. Even when my younger ones are the ones at fault, I always take the blame for virtually everything. The good thing about it is that it molded me to what I am today since I had to work extra harder to meet up to expectations in every aspect of my life and that is where the benefit comes in. I earned the respect of both my parents and siblings. But it's not easy sha especially now that I happen to be the only one working, the financial responsibility is something else.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Challenges Of Being The First Or Last Born. by tEsLim(m): 5:30am On Aug 09, 2007
As first child when you're younger you'll enjoy some great benefits of getting largest meat, no washing of plates etc. But men as you grow you have to be the one doing everything for this boys (siblings). Pay first semester, second semester, hostel, hostel rent. Pay for a driver for your old man. And when your mom is thinking of expanding her business you'll pay. All you do is PAY PAY PAY PAY PAY!!!!

Well e no easy o.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Challenges Of Being The First Or Last Born. by Ndipe(m): 11:29pm On Aug 30, 2007
The burden of responsibilities expected from you, comes hand in hand with the respect conferred on you from your siblings and parents. Last born, you are doted on by your parents, but sometimes, you are at a disadvantage if your parents die. God forbid, if they were to pass away when you are young, and your elder siblings are cold-hearted, it will be rougher to forge ahead financially.

As per school fees for your younger ones (to the respondent), please just see it as your obligation to them. Dont even consider it a burden.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Challenges Of Being The First Or Last Born. by ssRhino: 11:33pm On Aug 30, 2007
Being the last means being spoilt, being the first means, pressured to be of good and great example and a role model, not everyone could handle this realy well, and i will advice that parents shuold just treat all kids equal, I am in da middle and not fair at all, that wasnt spoilt, but real fun being the only boy of da houze
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Challenges Of Being The First Or Last Born. by yewaman1(m): 11:38pm On Aug 30, 2007
am the first of four kids and the ONLY boy grin plenty of responsibilty, it is also fun.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Challenges Of Being The First Or Last Born. by ssRhino: 11:42pm On Aug 30, 2007
I fell for you bro
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Challenges Of Being The First Or Last Born. by ebony4life(f): 2:41pm On Aug 31, 2007
Right from when I was a kid, it has always beign drummed into my ears especially when I do something bad. Even when my younger ones are the ones at fault, I always take the blame for virtually everything.

Yeah you are right.

Apart from that being a first born it means you will see things first hand.
When was a kid, i enjoyed all the attention before the other players came along.
It is not easy, but wetin man go do, it has been written that even in this part of the world you still no fit sell your birthright like our Great unlce Esau. ONCE A FIRST BORN, ALWAYS A FIRSTBORN[b][/b] wink smiley cheesy
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Challenges Of Being The First Or Last Born. by Bosdem(f): 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2007
It's not funny being the first born in a family, i dont think a counsellor counsel as much as i do, i have to talk, beg, pray for my younger ones, and it's always bills, bills, bills.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Challenges Of Being The First Or Last Born. by BABEELOVE(f): 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2007
@Topic

Can only speak as a "first"!!! Too many responsiblities. But the good news is that you grow up quickly and your parents have the energy to teach you all the "good, bad and ugly" of life before the "others" come along!

(1) (Reply)

Please What Do These Calabar Names Mean? / 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) / Sex With A Widow Is It A Crime?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.