Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence (30833 Views)

Robinho Is Sentenced To 9 Years In Prison For Raping A Young Albanian Woman / Neymar Arrives At Police Station For Questioning After Rape Accusation / Robinho Sentenced To 9 Years In Prison Over Sexual Assault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:18pm On Feb 16, 2022
cayorday89:

Very funny excuse there, but if it happens this way will they ever believe him, considering the fact that a drunk woman mounted a drunk man. A new case study will be established and only a vivid video evidence will prove him right.

A good Nigerian lawyer will win this case easily.

One problem with western men is they are too naive.
Their women take advantage of them.
Re: Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Simran94:

The advise you should be given you and your fellow men should be how to have self control, how to always think with your heads rather than think with your third legs, how not to sleep with just about anyone you meet.
That is when God will deliver you from the evil generation of women.

A woman's biology is way different from that of a man.

We are animals first b4 social creatures.
Re: Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
Proudlyngwa:

A woman's biology is way different from that of a man.

We are animals first b4 social creatures.
Alright then.
Re: Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence by cayorday89(m): 7:10pm On Feb 16, 2022
Proudlyngwa:

A good Nigerian lawyer will win this case easily.

One problem with western men is they are too naive.
Their women take advantage of them.
For me I don't think it's naivety but what their legal system upholds and standby.

1 Like

Re: Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence by fabienjoe: 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2022
backbencher:

1.Why should anyone regardless of gender have sex with a drunk person?

Is the woman in your question madt?

2.Consent, presumably happens either way.

Anyway, anecdotes does not a law make....

Yeah, which is why if you can't do the crime, don't do the crime.

Having sex with a drunk person is hardly consensual...whatever the gender, religion, etc.

P.S You guys should stop living in a world where you think everyone is out to get you because of your gender. You are sounding like the male version of some of these femminists here....

Sorry, cupcake, I'm not in any way holding brief for Robinho. He deserves his comeuppance..It's bad enough for anyone to play these types of silly games. Robinho doing so, given his status, is the pits. But I don't think having sex with someone drunk is illegal. Put in another way, I don't think one or both parties being drunk in itself makes sex illegal. Couples routinely go out, get drunk, have sex and sleep off without incident. I'm aware there are cases of date rape where a woman arrives with no intention of having sex but gets plied with drugs and alcohol and raped. That is clearly criminal. For me, what happens when you're with a drunk person should be dictated by common sense. One could be inebriated but still retains enough consciousness to consent to sex. The law recognizes this, which is why I've seen no law anywhere in the world that criminalizes sex with a drunk person. Having said all these, I'll always err on the side of caution in these mstters. Any suggestion that a woman has no capacity to give consent, would always set the alarm bells ringing for me.. I'll certainly not gamble!
Re: Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
fabienjoe:

Sorry, cupcake,

That's immature, alligator.

I'm not in any way holding brief for Robinho. He deserves his comeuppance..It's bad enough for anyone to play these types of silly games. Robinho doing so, given his status

Good, so....

is the pits. But I don't think having sex with someone drunk is illegal.

It is, because consent.

If you think having sex with a drunk is ok...then...you need to change your thinking.

I've treated drunk people. They are sick, and at a certain level, alcohol can kill. Also, they've lost control of many of their bodily controls which a round of sex can cause trobule for.

Plus, I'm not here to argue for men or women's rights. I'm here to say that having sex with a drunken person, who is not in control of his or her faculties is WRONG.

We can agree to disagree here.

Good evening, alligator...or should we say, pterodactyl?
Re: Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence by lyricaldaboss(m): 8:49pm On Feb 16, 2022
He should never leave Brazil and he'll be fine
Re: Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
cayorday89:

For me I don't think it's naivety but what their legal system upholds and standby.

Not legal system, conflict of belief system,
Both parties agreed to have sex.
Both parties got high on alcohol

If both parties had claimed ignorance based on being imbricated, it would have been a different case. But Robinho coming from a not so woke sexual assault system, felt he was doing the right thing by claiming she was drunk, thinking it would work against her, all he needed to have claimed what she claimed." Drunk" then when contrary evidence starts flying in, he knows its a set up, he played into their system
Re: Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence by fabienjoe: 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
backbencher:

That's immature, alligator.

Good, so....

It is, because consent.

If you think having sex with a drunk is ok...then...you need to change your thinking.

I've treated drunk people. They are sick, and at a certain level, alcohol can kill. Also, they've lost control of many of their bodily controls which a round of sex can cause trobule for.

Plus, I'm not here to argue for men or women's rights. I'm here to say that having sex with a drunken person, who is not in control of his or her faculties is WRONG.

We can agree to disagree here.

Good evening, alligator...or should we say, pterodactyl?

@ the bolded...That's key for me. However, not all drunken people are in that category. There are levels of intoxication. And I agree with you that no one should have sex with anyone drunk or not, who has no mental capacity to make decisions.
Re: Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence by cayorday89(m): 4:53am On Feb 17, 2022
Proudlyngwa:

Not legal system, conflict of belief system,
Both parties agreed to have sex.
Both parties got high on alcohol

If both parties had claimed ignorance based on being imbricated, it would have been a different case. But Robinho coming from a not so woke sexual assault system, felt he was doing the right thing by claiming she was drunk, thinking it would work against her, all he needed to have claimed what she claimed." Drunk" then when contrary evidence starts flying in, he knows its a set up, he played into their system
Thanks for the brief man. It's a learning process and I felt he could have just allowed his lawyer do the talking because he spilled that when he was talking to a journalist...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Barcelona And Real Madrid Knocked Out Of Copa del Rey / Antonio Conte Is Tottenham's New Coach / Sports Industry Vs Entertainment Industry Which Is The Biggest In The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.