Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike (15896 Views)

Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket / Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Gunmen Attack Prince Tonye Princewill's Home In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by stopthecycle: 9:27am On Feb 16, 2022
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress and a former governorship candidate in Rivers State, Prince Tonye Princewill, has explained why resists the temptation to openly abuse his state Governor Nyesom Wike.

According to the philanthropist, it was now becoming a norm among the political class to exchange verbal insults at the slightest provocation and ignore the things that matter most.

He said though Wike, like other politicians, has many faults, he said the season of bitterness in the State is over, insisting that what Rivers people need are jobs and a clean environment.

Princewill was reacting to a statement issued by the Rivers State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), over his recent advice on illegal refineries in the State.

Princewill said: “Think about your children and the children they will have to face. I’ve refused to abuse Wike, not because I cannot. All the angels know Wike has plenty of faults. I refuse to abuse him because that’s all we hear in the news. APC abuses PDP, etc, Princewill tackles Wike and vice versa.

“Meanwhile our children are dying. This is the wrong message to send. After Wike has gone, nobody should touch him. I won’t support it. We have to move on. This season of bitterness has to end.

“Most people who know me, know that I am hands-on. I prefer to lead by example. That’s why I want to show Rivers people and interested parties how to respond to smear tactics. The first thing is to set the tone. It’s like trying to speak English to Philistines, but you have to try. The state is far bigger than all of us, so we must put ego aside and argue beyond artificial boundaries like party, tribe, religion and social standing.

100% Natural Herbs to Finally End Premature Ejaculation, Weak Erection and Small Manhood. Click Here Now .
“In my very brief statement on the 5th of February, that my detractors took over a week to scramble to respond to, I commended the governor for his stance against illegal refining but did two other things in addition.

“I asked one, that he also addresses the root causes of illegal refining. And two, that he desists from playing politics with it. Not sure which of the salient points I raised, irked my detractors, but the fact that they called me, both a nobody and a statesman in the same paragraph, suggests enough to their frame of mind. Whenever you cannot recognize advice, you need leadership glasses.

“We all woke up to the black soot this morning, including the governor and there is still no end in sight. A lot of motion, no movement. Let me repeat my advice, at the risk of yet another press release. Be tough on illegal refining, but also be tough on the causes of the illegal refining, of which number one is the lack of jobs for the youth. People can not stand in water and soap will be entering their eyes.

“How many new industries have we brought in, how many businesses? Is it better to be loyal to jeeps and give them flyovers or be loyal to our many youths and women and give them a means of livelihood?

“These are the questions. I suggest we do all of the above and more, but give priority to the women and youths and spread development.

“Not everything is about politics. Let me assure the PDP people listening that the next government will not discriminate against you. No matter your leanings, you will be safe. What I expect of you is to love your state far more than you love your party.

“People who want to bring in their money to invest in Rivers, need to feel welcome. They need to know that we are jolly good fellows. They need to know that we are all brothers and sisters here. Not political zealots, always on the attack, looking for who to smear. I know we can not change overnight, but I can play my part.”
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/why-ive-refused-to-insult-wike-tonye-princewill/

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by stopthecycle: 9:30am On Feb 16, 2022
Very matured response...gra gra don too much for Rivers State politics

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by MosheDayan: 9:37am On Feb 16, 2022
Well, I had this argument about what Wike has been doing in Rivers states which is commendable. But the fact remains that there are no jobs for graduates. But the only solace he has is that since 1999 I don't think there has been any governor who has created jobs in all 36 states. I am not talking about sweepers and cleaners. Am talking about real jobs that adds revenue to the state.

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by stopthecycle: 9:40am On Feb 16, 2022
MosheDayan:
Well, I had this argument about what Wike has been doing in Rivers states which is commendable. But the fact remains that there are no jobs for graduates. But the only solace he has is that since 1999 I don't think there has been any governor who has created jobs in all 36 states. I am not talking about sweepers and cleaners. Am talking about real jobs that adds revenue to the state.
Amaechi created Jobs

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by Sonoyom(m): 10:27am On Feb 16, 2022
H
Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by SILVERLINES: 10:36am On Feb 16, 2022

What's that?

Talk to him man 2 man
Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by Chimezirim121: 10:36am On Feb 16, 2022

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by Aworldofsurpris: 10:37am On Feb 16, 2022
Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by Yankiss(m): 10:37am On Feb 16, 2022
Tonye Princewill gave an intelligent response. Wike and co ought to take the raw advice and not ranting. If he can perform as he has articulated, he needs to be given a space to try his luck with Rivers' State problems.

This insertion almost freaked me:
100% Natural Herbs to Finally End Premature Ejaculation, Weak Erection and Small Manhood. Click Here Now . grin grin grin grin

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by LaserWr: 10:38am On Feb 16, 2022
stopthecycle:

Amaechi created Jobs

Which Amaechi?? Person wey carry awa oyel moni fund Buhari campaign

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by DWJOBScom(m): 10:38am On Feb 16, 2022
when the process is right , jobs will come , companies will come
Try to set up a company first and the communities will bill you crazy

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by mohituvivo: 10:38am On Feb 16, 2022
Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by bigdammyj: 10:40am On Feb 16, 2022
Okay
Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by Oludara202: 10:53am On Feb 16, 2022
stopthecycle:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/why-ive-refused-to-insult-wike-tonye-princewill/

You've got to give it up for this man, you can hardly see a typical Nigerian politician speak so maturely.
All Wike does is build flyovers here and there, something I call an easy pass to looting, barely average, he needs to create avenues for employment.

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by frankmoney(m): 10:54am On Feb 16, 2022
LaserWr:

Which Amaechi?? Person wey carry awa oyel moni fund Buhari campaign
he created jobs , 12k teachers job , Songhai farm , buguma fish farm , health centres , other blue collar jobs in the schools etc ....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by YellowMayor(m): 10:54am On Feb 16, 2022
Because you dare not

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:00am On Feb 16, 2022
stopthecycle:

Amaechi created Jobs
Name the jobs or they are audio?

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 16, 2022
It's normal for RIVERS State to have Mad Governors. In Fact, it's one of the most integral prerequisite to emerging as a Governor.
So, it's better he leaves Wike.
Wike nags too much.
These are the kind of Men
........ who talk while cooking,
........ who talk while bathing,
........ who scream while parking their vehicles,
........ who talk while applying body cream,
........ who engage in road rage.
........ who never wait for their turn.
........ who never queue at Fuel stations.
........ who walk to the High Table uninvited
........ never listen to wives to know when it's ok.

In a sane society, WIke will get ticket for psychiatric evaluation. He's not normal.
He sniffs mmkpuru mmiri

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by Day169: 11:07am On Feb 16, 2022
This guy (Tonye Princewill) is just a complete gentleman!
.. reason over emotion!!

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by Maxymilliano(m): 11:07am On Feb 16, 2022
It's all politics, either you trade insults with the governor or not

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by allen113: 11:09am On Feb 16, 2022
Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by Dikegodspower(m): 11:15am On Feb 16, 2022
Polithiefians na the same
Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by Donaluta(m): 11:25am On Feb 16, 2022
frankmoney:
he created jobs , 12k teachers job , Songhai farm , buguma fish farm , health centres , other blue collar jobs in the schools etc ....

Jobs weh him pay salary or the one weh him no pay salary.. you employ people .. for months you no pay them ... Before you begin talk try do small research

Re: Tonye Princewill: Why I've Refused To Insult Wike by frankmoney(m): 11:26am On Feb 16, 2022
Donaluta:

Jobs weh him pay salary or the one weh him no pay salary.. you employ people .. for months you no pay them ... Before you begin talk try do small research
he paid salary !! Go and ask any teacher that was employed they were paid , and I know alot of people working in Songhai farm then they were also paid , before you bring your argument go and do your research .

Wike wen since 2015 no jobs , the 5k jobs he promised Na audio , the only job he has created for youth is task force . Hospital he built on ABA road never function since the day them open am

Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday / Buhari Appoints Orelope-Adefulire SSA On Sdgs / ₦4.2 Trillion Debt Service: Economy Is In Real Crisis, FG Admits