Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,434 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy (9768 Views)

The 15 Fastest Growing Economies In Africa 2016 — IMF / Nigeria One Of The Fastest Growing Economy Globally – US / Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by supereagle(m): 1:13am On Jun 27, 2011
Great Nation, Great People. We are making progress.
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by manny4life(m): 1:41am On Jun 27, 2011
violent:

Wrong!

The petroleum industry is the main factor behind growth; it provides 95% of foreign exchange earnings and about 80% of budgetary revenues. Agriculture accounts for 25% of the GDP and is the major source of income for two-thirds of our population.

Nigeria's exports were worth 18.45 Billion USD in the fourth quarter of 2010. Exports of commodities (oil and natural gas) is the main factor behind growth and accounts for more than 95% of total exports. Manufacturing, technology, construction etc make very very little impact to the overall GDP figures.

How do u mean by main factor behind growth? Also, explain how u mean by 80% of budgetary revenues?
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by Rossikk(m): 5:14am On Jun 27, 2011
The economy is booming. Many of these loafers here moaning about this and that probably need to spend less time on NL and more hustling like their mates, many of whom are doing very well thank you, compared to ten years ago.
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by kotoye: 6:42am On Jun 27, 2011
4th largest growing economy? No sane human believes that right? If indeed its growing then the growth is limited to politicans bank accounts and political friends. I just dont see it
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by monopolist: 10:12am On Jun 27, 2011
Agriculture is the largest employer of labour

By Investing in Commetrcial Plantation Agriculture we can restore the glorious economy of Africa

Get a Cassava Cornbine Plantation Plan for free today: kingolusola@gmail.com
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by doveweed(m): 11:49am On Jun 27, 2011
and yet we are begging dr ngozi okonjo-iweala to become our economic czar, that makes her jonathan's saviour and he's going to pay her in dollars even though she's worth it. how can we be one of the fastest growing when all condiyions of living are not met by the govt.
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by Chongaiman: 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2011
manny4life:

How do u mean by main factor behind growth? Also, explain how u mean by 80% of budgetary revenues?

I checked on the economy of Nigeria at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Nigeria)

. . . . The oil boom of the 1970s led Nigeria to neglect its strong agricultural and light manufacturing bases in favor of an unhealthy dependence on crude oil. In 2000, oil and gas exports accounted for more than 98% of export earnings and about 83% of federal government revenue. New oil wealth, the concurrent decline of other economic sectors, and a lurch toward a statist economic model fueled massive migration to the cities and led to increasingly widespread poverty, especially in rural areas. . . .

Eleven years on, I don't think the situation is significantly different.
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by olaolabiy: 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2011
Rossikk:

The economy is booming. Many of these loafers here moaning about this and that probably need to spend less time on NL and more hustling like their mates, many of whom are doing very well thank you, compared to ten years ago.

ROSSIKKE?
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by manny4life(m): 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2011
Chongaiman:

I checked on the economy of Nigeria at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Nigeria)

Eleven years on, I don't think the situation is significantly different.

First off, I am not a likely fan of Wikipedia, information on that site is written by peeps like you and I. There is no way such information can be validated. As a matter of fact, if you're a wiki member you can edit, cite and so some other stuff to the original written article.

Still doesn't make any sense, I want to know how oil accounts for 80% and more of Nigeria's Budget (Revenues).

Question, how much is Nigeria's Budget revenue? How much is Nigeria's oil revenues?
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by Chongaiman: 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2011
^^^
I guess you could redirect your questions to the Federal Office of Statistics then.
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by manny4life(m): 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2011
Chongaiman:

^^^
I guess you could [b]redirect your questions [/b]to the Federal Office of Statistics then.

Redirect my question? If you gonna quote something particularly when making assumptions on numbers, in my experience, you must have your facts and figures handy and accurate. I guess that answers my question? Unknown and unverified facts.
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by Chongaiman: 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2011
Curiosity got the better part of me when I read the post about the 80% revenue stuff. I decided to Google it before sharing the information I got. Why not verify for yourself?
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by manny4life(m): 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2011
Chongaiman:

Curiosity got the better part of me when I read the post about the 80% revenue stuff. I decided to Google it before sharing the information I got. Why not verify for yourself?

Oh well, I guess that's how u do your own research after all, don't you? When your instructor questions u like I did, u tell him to verify it himself / herself, not uncommon but quite unfortunate. IMO, when u put up stuff, make sure u can validate else it's just like regular bs that the internet spits out.
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 27, 2011
lol grin grin grin grin grin

Sound to me like "tell them what they like to hear even if they can't see it, it would be on nairaland front page" grin grin grin

The world awaits the real financial crises which is the crash of the US dollars. Countries who know what's up are buying gold and disbursing the USD while others are investing with their USD ( particularly in natural resources) but unfortunately Nigeria still prides herself of having some foreign reserve in USD and now being deceived I guess. The earlier we invest in infrastructre the better. 4th fastest growing economy sounds good though I only hope BokoHaram did not contribute to the high ranking grin grin
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by Chongaiman: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2011
Mr Knowall/Cyberinstructor
Seeing your student has failed, would you now empirically prove or disprove the percentage of the derived oil revenues in the budget?
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by ovo4u(m): 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2011
You all here love Nigeria but honestly speaking, i am sure that Nigeria itself and his Government hates you guys, so why killing yourself on this propagada?

Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by ovo4u(m): 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2011
Guess whose Cousin is that?
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2011
Any one who doubts Dangote's industrialist credentials should see this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mzkXXWlNQM
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by elegal1(f): 7:21pm On Jun 27, 2011
That report must have been produced by consultants whose methods need to be properly scrutinised.
Economic growth?
When we are producing nothing, and importing virtually everything.
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by manny4life(m): 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2011
Chongaiman:

Mr Knowall/Cyberinstructor
Seeing your student has failed, would you now empirically prove or disprove the percentage of the derived oil revenues in the budget?

Mr. stop making a fool of yourself, u sound ignorant. First off no one is claiming know-it-all here, neither is anyone's cycberinstructor. Since u have problems deducting what I was trying to say, in lay man's terms, I was comparing the situation to a real life scenario for which u could not provide answers to; you're instead justifying your post and asking me to verify it myself. STOP being ignorant. Since u have admittedly accepted failure, I will accept the fact that most the information is untrue. For the record, I really don't have the time to looking for numbers that doesn't really affect me. So when u have the time, u can look it up yourself and then back up ur claims.
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by bxcode(m): 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2011
Piece of crap. angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by Chongaiman: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2011
Yeah piece of crap. The whole thing.
Re: Nigeria Listed As World's 4th Fastest Growing Economy by sley4life(m): 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2011
whats the kind of indices used in there asertion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG, BOI Frustrate Yes-P Scheme As Participants Share Sad Experiences / How Does Someone Remove His/her Data From An Online Loan Platform? / Top 20 Biggest And Busiest Markets In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.