Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

“INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. (15536 Views)

Some Funny INEC Result Sheets / INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV / Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Results (INEC Result Viewing Portal) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by ngBuild: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
If e work, make i bend

1 Like

Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by gozmok1(m): 8:04pm On Jun 23, 2022
Who am I?

I ran away from my village to claim Lagos as my homeland
I lied about my actual age and educational qualifications
I have monopoly over all IGR in Lagos
I have my urchins that rob and harass people in Lagos traffic
I sent soldiers to shoot civilians who were protesting for their human rights only to flee from the country hours after committing the act

1 Like

Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by Olastep1(m): 8:04pm On Jun 23, 2022
I hope it gets better

1 Like

Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
KingofAnambra:
INEC must really be commended for how far they have improved in providing credible elections. Look at Ekiti, with free and fair Elections, Peter Obi LP got 185 votes. With free and fair elections, Peter Obi will surely come last in the 2023 elections. Only rigging and ballot snatching by Obi's social media bandits can make him come 2nd to the last. Either ways, the Losers Party candidate career political prostitute Peter Obi will fail woefully.

suffer never tire you
Gas is at 800 Naira, yet na Obi be your problem

1 Like

Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by pacespot(m): 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
Can it show live results as the election is ongoing?

1 Like

Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by gentlegenius(m): 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
KingofAnambra:
INEC must really be commended for how far they have improved in providing credible elections. Look at Ekiti, with free and fair Elections, Peter Obi LP got 185 votes. With free and fair elections, Peter Obi will surely come last in the 2023 elections. Only rigging and ballot snatching by Obi's social media bandits can make him come 2nd to the last. Either ways, the Losers Party candidate career political prostitute Peter Obi will fail woefully.
Why is it that most of the disOBIdient citizens of Nairaland must find a way to add Anambra to their moniker? What are you guys aiming to achieve? Are you people trying to make us believe that OBI is not loved by his own state? Make una find another strategy. Peter Obi is a national movement. We dont care what Anambra people think or say about Obi. You better repent and join the train before we leave you behind.

1 Like

Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by KingofAnambra: 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2022
gentlegenius:

Why is it that most of the disOBIdient citizens of Nairaland must find a way to add Anambra to their moniker? What are you guys aiming to achieve? Are you people trying to make us believe that OBI is not loved by his own state? Make una find another strategy. Peter Obi is a national movement. We dont care what Anambra people think or say about Obi. You better repent and join the train before we leave you behind.
Your train that has been hijacked by bandits, and crashed in the middle of nowhere undecided
Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by petokey: 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2022
You have all the polling unit results, what do you need ward and local government collation upload again for?

This initiative was meant to give the public the privilege to join INEC in the collation process in other to checkmate all those collation centers that change results overnight.

If all collation centers upload their records, you may as well sack the Returning officers and even the INEC Chairman because no need to wait to hear the result from them since it's already published on their site.

My humble opinion though. The portal is okay for now.

2 Likes

Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by KINGKONG(m): 11:25pm On Jun 23, 2022
KingofAnambra:

Hungry jobless fellow....... Go get yourself useful

1 Like

Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by 9jaTalks(m): 2:12am On Jun 24, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-4VnYG-Ex0
The movie " Blood sister's "sound track
Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:20am On Jun 24, 2022
Ezicool9:
INEC really need to upgrade. Buy why can't INEC provide machines that can provide the pvc card just like the machines used by banks in issuing ATM cards.
They need to do data cleansing and then run a data-analysis on the cleansed data, and then, publish the results to the public, even before printing the remaining cards.
For you to do data cleansing and data analysis, all the required raw data must have been complete
Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:22am On Jun 24, 2022
SmartPolician:
I love this cheesy

INEC means business.

All results should be uploaded on the go.

We cannot wait for returning officers anymore.

What we need to completely eliminate is underage voting.
And Vote-buying, and Ballot-box-snatching, and Violence, and finally Voter-Apathy/Boycotting.
Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:27am On Jun 24, 2022
DesChyko:
I'ld be surprised if they dig holes for themselves.

But it's the proper thing to do for a free and fair election; make everything verifiable

#GoAndVerify
You gat the gist
Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:30am On Jun 24, 2022
pacespot:
Can it show live results as the election is ongoing?
They are gradually getting there..
But they are not there yet.
Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:32am On Jun 24, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Your train that has been hijacked by bandits, and crashed in the middle of nowhere undecided
Who sponsored the bandits??
The FG as usual??
Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by BluntCrazeMan: 5:00am On Jun 24, 2022
petokey:
You have all the polling unit results, what do you need ward and local government collation upload again for?

Have you ever tried by yourself to add the results of “All” the Polling-Units as uploaded on the Portal, and then comparing the figures you got in your additions with the official final figures as announced by the INEC.??

Let me tell you the truth my brother..
You have not tried doing that..,, not even once, and I can beat my chest and tell you that to your face.

But you see me, I have tried that on several occasions, and the results are never the same after the comparisons..
Not Even A Single Election Tried To Come Close.

In fact, the discrepancies are too wide.. And since I didn't see all the middle-level collated results, I cannot tell for sure at what level the values of the results started changing.

So, with this now, you can see that the aim of publishing the Polling-Units Results are defeated again, since the officially announced final results are totally different from the values that are gotten by adding the uploaded Polling-Units Results.

This initiative was meant to give the public the privilege to join INEC in the collation process in other to checkmate all those collation centers that change results overnight.

With what I typed above,, if some of the Collation Centers wrote something different from what was uploaded online,, just tell me,, how exactly can you trace and checkmate the Particular Collation Centers that maniulated their results, with this current method of publishing only the Polling-Units Results online..

Meanwhile,, are you aware of the exact point in time when the Polling-Units Results are supposed to be Uploaded Online??

It is at the Ward Collation Centers (and not at the Polling-Units), and that is, after the Ward Collation Officer had been checked and Verified the results to be OK..
And their figures checked and confirmed with the figures inside the accreditation machine. Some even wait until after ward Collations before uploading the “Polling-Units” Results. But there is no problems with that for me.

Thus, in the same manner, the LGAs Collation Officers are also supposed to upload the results from the wards after they had finished checking and confirming them too..
Same with the States Collation Officers for the LGAs results, and so on.
Even if they upload such results to the portal after they had finished their own collations, the results are still there to serve their intended purposes, and “Collation of Results” is not part of such purposes.

The Results that are uploaded to the Results Portal are never meant to be a tool for people to join in the Collation of Results, but rather, as a tool for confirming the released results.. So, we are not expecting the results to be published immediately as the were being produced.

If all collation centers upload their records, you may as well sack the Returning officers and even the INEC Chairman because no need to wait to hear the result from them since it's already published on their site.

Please read my response to the paragraph above all-over again. I think I answered the question inside this very paragraph up there.. Thanks.

My humble opinion though. The portal is okay for now.

How many “House of Assemblies” bye-elections have you monitored from the Online Portal??

Do you find it very easy and “Okay” having to scroll to the bottom of a very looonng list anytime you refresh the page, or anytime you click the “back” button??

It's like you have not used the portal to actually monitor an election before..
Until then,, keep ur suggestions and opinions.
After you actually finished monitoring an election from the portal, you can come back to give your sincere suggestions.
Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by pacespot(m): 6:21am On Jun 24, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
They are gradually getting there..
But they are not there yet.

I hope they get there before the 2023 presidential election

1 Like

Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by BluntCrazeMan: 8:26am On Jun 24, 2022
pacespot:

I hope they get there before the 2023 presidential election
We all hope for that too.
Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by petokey: 12:55am On Jul 17, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:

Have you ever tried by yourself to add the results of “All” the Polling-Units as uploaded on the Portal, and then comparing the figures you got in your additions with the official final figures as announced by the INEC.??

Let me tell you the truth my brother..
You have not tried doing that..,, not even once, and I can beat my chest and tell you that to your face.

But you see me, I have tried that on several occasions, and the results are never the same after the comparisons..
Not Even A Single Election Tried To Come Close.

In fact, the discrepancies are too wide.. And since I didn't see all the middle-level collated results, I cannot tell for sure at what level the values of the results started changing.

So, with this now, you can see that the aim of publishing the Polling-Units Results are defeated again, since the officially announced final results are totally different from the values that are gotten by adding the uploaded Polling-Units Results.

With what I typed above,, if some of the Collation Centers wrote something different from what was uploaded online,, just tell me,, how exactly can you trace and checkmate the Particular Collation Centers that maniulated their results, with this current method of publishing only the Polling-Units Results online..

Meanwhile,, are you aware of the exact point in time when the Polling-Units Results are supposed to be Uploaded Online??

It is at the Ward Collation Centers (and not at the Polling-Units), and that is, after the Ward Collation Officer had been checked and Verified the results to be OK..
And their figures checked and confirmed with the figures inside the accreditation machine. Some even wait until after ward Collations before uploading the “Polling-Units” Results. But there is no problems with that for me.

Thus, in the same manner, the LGAs Collation Officers are also supposed to upload the results from the wards after they had finished checking and confirming them too..
Same with the States Collation Officers for the LGAs results, and so on.
Even if they upload such results to the portal after they had finished their own collations, the results are still there to serve their intended purposes, and “Collation of Results” is not part of such purposes.

The Results that are uploaded to the Results Portal are never meant to be a tool for people to join in the Collation of Results, but rather, as a tool for confirming the released results.. So, we are not expecting the results to be published immediately as the were being produced.

Please read my response to the paragraph above all-over again. I think I answered the question inside this very paragraph up there.. Thanks.

How many “House of Assemblies” bye-elections have you monitored from the Online Portal??

Do you find it very easy and “Okay” having to scroll to the bottom of a very looonng list anytime you refresh the page, or anytime you click the “back” button??

It's like you have not used the portal to actually monitor an election before..
Until then,, keep ur suggestions and opinions.
After you actually finished monitoring an election from the portal, you can come back to give your sincere suggestions.

I was part of the process of uploading previous election results so I am not saying this out of ignorance. It can't be perfect over night, but for now it's okay. It can be better but don't condemn their effort outrightly simply because it doesn't meet up to your taste.

INEC is trying.
Re: “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. by BluntCrazeMan: 2:43am On Jul 17, 2022
petokey:

I was part of the process of uploading previous election results so I am not saying this out of ignorance. It can't be perfect over night, but for now it's okay. It can be better but don't condemn their effort outrightly simply because it doesn't meet up to your taste.

INEC is trying.
See,, they have done (and corrected) one of the things which I had been complaining of..
As at the time of Ekiti Election, they have not corrected it.
I wouldn't have responded to you though,, because the struggle is my struggle,, and not yours.
But since you quoted me,, (the time is 2:43am at this very moment - Sunday, 17th July 2022)..
I would need you to download and show me the compiled results from the 11 Wards in ILA LGA of Osun State,, And also, the final compiled result from ILA LGA itself...
(I don't need all the Polling-Units Results... And if you like, you can go and download the results of the Polling-Units and compile by yourself and give to me.)
So, can you give me that??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Collect Tinubu’s N10,000 But Vote Out APC– Fani-Kayode Urges Lagosians / Fulani Herdsmen Kill In Self-defence - Miyetti Allah / Nigerian Army Demo At The African Land Force Summit 2018 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.