Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Tanzanian Man Builds Own Grave At A Cost Of $3,000, States Reasons - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tanzanian Man Builds Own Grave At A Cost Of $3,000, States Reasons (157 Views)

Preparation For Death: The Tanzanian Man Who Has Built His Own Grave [pics] / SHOCKING VIDEO: Woman Gives Birth In Her Grave After Being Buried For 4 Months / ‘let Me Out!’ Man Speaks From His Own Grave At His Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tanzanian Man Builds Own Grave At A Cost Of $3,000, States Reasons by naijaclass(m): 10:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
A Tanzanian citizen, Patrick Kimaro has spent a total of $3,000 to construct his own preferred grave in preparation for his demise. The decision has been condemned by the community but he cited reasons for the socially ‘absurd’ decision.
The 59-year-old told the BBC that, the difficulty he went through in burying his parents, especially the financial aspect is the main reason he decided to prepare for his death. Patrick said he does not want his children to suffer same.
Speaking to the reporters from BBC, he said “Being a first-born child, I had a difficult time burying my parents when they died six months apart… so I decided I’ll not take my children through the same [experience].”
He has also revealed that, some amounts of money will be designated for his casket. According to him, the rest of the expenses will be taken care of with proceeds from the funeral. Initially, the family did not buy the idea but he said they are gradually accepting it.
His decision was seen as a contradiction to the usual social rules regarding funerals. Traditional leaders from his ethnic group in the Kilimanjaro region revealed that, the norm is for a grave to be dug upon the death of a person. They also added that, once dug, it should not remain empty for long.

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: Sanwo-olu, Bagudu Meet Aregbesola, Seek Peace As Oyetola Remains Adam / Black Market: FRSC Cautions Against Buying Fuel On Roadsides / What Are Titanium Dioxide/uses In The Paint Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.