Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. (461 Views)

Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Ibime2003: 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2022
I made some substantial loses in my business in December last year, my Mum who has always advised me to be paying my Tithe and First fruit said the loss happened because i don't pay tithe. She said everybody pays tithe, either to God or the devil, she said those people that didn't pay to God will pay theirs to the devil indirectly through business loss, armed robbery, sickness, mysterious money loss, fire incidence, fulani herdsmen attack, they could get duped, they could lost a child or pet and so many other ways, through which money could vanish away.

She said things would not be tight for all faithful tithe payers. SAPA, Buharinomics or Bad government policy can never affect any faithful tithe payer.

Now my question is this to all Tithe and First fruit payers and faithfuls, is it true that since you have been faithful with paying your tithe and First fruit, you have never suffered any loss, nobody has ever duped you, the economy has never affected you negatively, you have never suffered any misfortune, you have never been robbed or kidnapped for ransome, you have never fallen sick, you have never lost property to fire or water disasters, you have never suffered from any terminal disease and you have never suffered any economic loss no matter how small it is.

Please I want to hear from all tithe faithfuls, if you have never experienced even just one of the above since you started paying your tithe or first fruit.

Like my mother that is advising me about tithe and first fruit , she has a terminal disease and she spends a minimum of N50,000 every month buying drugs, despite being faithful to her tithe and First fruit, why is she still suffering from a terminal illness? She suffering from terminal illness is against the principles of tithe paying, so this is really confusing to me. All tithe and First fruit offering faithfuls i want to hear from you.
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by immortalcrown(m): 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2022
Tithe does not prevent misfortunes. Tithe does not prevent the consequences of wrong business decisions. A tithe is not for financial prosperity.

Meanwhile, those who are told to pay tithes in many churches are not even the ones meant to pay tithe. Tithing was meant for physical Israel (The Jews/Descendants of Jacob) who inherited the promised land and not spiritual Israel (The Church/Body of Christ). In essence, it was never meant for the Gentiles or for a financial system.

This is why Jesus did not tell his disciples to pay tithe. Jesus simply said, "Freely you receive and freely you shall give". Giving 5% of your income to a poor person that lacks food and shelter is better than giving 10% of the income to a rich church.

1 Like

Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Ibime2003: 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
Tithe does not prevent misfortunes. Tithe does not prevent the consequences of wrong business decisions. Meanwhile, those who are told to pay tithes in many churches are not even the ones meant to pay tithe.

So who are the ones meant to pay tithe?
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by immortalcrown(m): 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2022
Ibime2003:

So who are the ones meant to pay tithe?

I just edited my main comment. Read it again.
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by gsegun43: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2022
Let me park here to read comments (lies and more lies) from my xtian bros and sisters.

grin
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2022
Ibime2003:
I made some substantial loses in my business in December last year, my Mum who has always advised me to be paying my Tithe and First fruit said the loss happened because i don't pay tithe. She said everybody pays tithe, either to God or the devil, she said those people that didn't pay to God will pay theirs to the devil indirectly through business loss, armed robbery, sickness, mysterious money loss, fire incidence, fulani herdsmen attack, they could get duped, they could lost a child or pet and so many other ways, through which money could vanish away.

She said things would not be tight for all faithful tithe payers. SAPA, Buharinomics or Bad government policy can never affect any faithful tithe payer.
Your mother is wrong! undecided

What you practice in your churches which you call tithing and first fruits have absolutely nothing to do with that described in scripture nor commanded of the people of Israel - those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins - in the land of cannaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

I am afraid you would have to inquire from your mother's pastors and mogs of the particulars of the tithe and first fruits Plans of his church business to get the answers you seek instead. undecided
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Amotolongbo(f): 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
Tithe does not prevent misfortunes. Tithe does not prevent the consequences of wrong business decisions. A tithe is not for financial prosperity.

Meanwhile, those who are told to pay tithes in many churches are not even the ones meant to pay tithe. Tithing was meant for physical Israel (The Jews/Descendants of Jacob) who inherited the promised land and not spiritual Israel (The Church/Body of Christ). In essence, it was never meant for the Gentiles or for a financial system.

This is why Jesus did not tell his disciples to pay tithe. Jesus simply said, "[b]Freely you receive and freely you shall give[b]". Giving 5% of your income to a poor person that lacks food and shelter is better than giving 10% of the income to a rich church.
The bolded part makes me so sic!

How would the God who created everyone, tribes, races will need the same human creatures to transform into a tribe or race before he can accept them as his own?

Things are wrong here o!
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by immortalcrown(m): 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2022
Amotolongbo:
How would the God who created everyone, tribes, races will need the same human creatures to transform into a tribe or race before he can accept them as his own?
Things are wrong here o!
Some human actions warrant some spiritual demands. For example, God does not want people who have not committed any sin to ask for forgiveness. This is just an example, it does not mean that tithe is for sinners. Tithes are to be paid by only Jews and only to Levitical priests because Levites were given no land (Numbers 18:20-21). The Levites have no farm for food. The tithe, which was even paid in form of food items and not in form of money, was to feed the Levites.

The churches of today pay offerings that are enough to pay pastors salaries. Also, the pastors are not forbidden to work or do business on the days they are not in the church. So, tithe is not necessary for pastors' upkeep.

Note that Jews who paid tithe did it according to the laws of Moses. Christ did not charge people to pay tithe.
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:36pm On Feb 17, 2022
Ibime2003:
...Now my question is this to all Tithe and First fruit payers and faithfuls, is it true that since you have been faithful with paying your tithe and First fruit, you have never suffered any loss, nobody has ever duped you, the economy has never affected you negatively, you have never suffered any misfortune, you have never been robbed or kidnapped for ransome, you have never fallen sick, you have never lost property to fire or water disasters, you have never suffered from any terminal disease and you have never suffered any economic loss no matter how small it is...

Yes, it is True!

But it is not the tithes and first fruits, it Someone, Who you do not Want!

I guarantee you, as many former church goers would tell you, tithes and first fruit will have no effect because, like them, you Truly do not want God.

You only want His Goods and His Promises.
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:41pm On Feb 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
Tithe does not prevent misfortunes. Tithe does not prevent the consequences of wrong business decisions. A tithe is not for financial prosperity..

You are wrong because of the spirit of your information.

However, it is True because tithe is not God and therefore, it can not do anything of its own.
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:45pm On Feb 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your mother is wrong! undecided

What you practice in your churches which you call tithing and first fruits have absolutely nothing to do with that described in scripture nor commanded of the people of Israel - those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins - in the land of cannaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

I am afraid you would have to inquire from your mother's pastors and mogs of the particulars of the tithe and first fruits Plans of his church business to get the answers you seek instead. undecided

You never hear "O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the LORD" Jeremiah 22:29

Jeremiah 7:23

“But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.”
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:49pm On Feb 17, 2022
immortalcrown:

Some human actions warrant some spiritual demands. For example, God does not want people who have not committed any sin to ask for forgiveness. This is just an example, it does not mean that tithe is for sinners. Tithes are to be paid by only Jews and only to Levitical priests because Levites were given no land (Numbers 18:20-21). The Levites have no farm for food. The tithe, which was even paid in form of food items and not in form of money, was to feed the Levites.

The churches of today pay offerings that are enough to pay pastors salaries. Also, the pastors are not forbidden to work or do business on the days they are not in the church. So, tithe is not necessary for pastors' upkeep.

Note that Jews who paid tithe did it according to the laws of Moses. Christ did not charge people to pay tithe.

Did Christ not Say "Obey the Commandments" in oft saying "What do the Commandments Say?" "Go and Do likewise" or "this do"?
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2022
Amotolongbo:

Things are wrong here o!

Would you complain about transforming to become a Dangote, Tinubu or Melaye?

God Touched one man Abraham and made him an example that through that man, all men can acquire all he acquired and yet you complain.

Please, Lord, Come now and end this world. That all who have rejected you may be carried away to the Place you have appointed for them.
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Amotolongbo(f): 6:57am On Feb 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

[s]Would you complain about transforming to become a Dangote, Tinubu or Melaye?[/s]

God Touched one man Abraham and made him an example that through that man, all men can acquire all he acquired and yet you complain.

Please, Lord, Come now and end this world. That all who have rejected you may be carried away to the Place you have appointed for them.
Stop being foolish.
I can’t transform into anyone.
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Stop being foolish.
I can’t transform into anyone.

Don't shame yourself for you already know that when you marry a Dangote-ite or Adenugarite you would transform to into a Dangote-ite or Adenugarite.

So you have nothing valid to say.
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Amotolongbo(f): 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
[s]
Dtruthspeaker:

Don't shame yourself for you already know that when you marry a Dangote-ite or Adenugarite you would transform to into a Dangote-ite or Adenugarite.

So you have nothing valid to say.
[/s]gibberish
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
Amotolongbo:
[s][/s]gibberish

grin That's what people usually say when they have nothing valid to say! cheesy
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by desiredhome: 2:41am On Feb 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Would you complain about transforming to become a Dangote, Tinubu or Melaye?

Nigerian politicians got their wealth through corruption thereby putting more Nigerians to poverty, that is not the blessing from God.....
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:40am On Feb 20, 2022
desiredhome:

Nigerian politicians got their wealth through corruption thereby putting more Nigerians to poverty, that is not the blessing from God.....

Apart from being Out of Point, God did not say "through Nigerian politicians the whole earth shall be blessed".
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by desiredhome: 1:40am On Feb 20, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Apart from being Out of Point, God did not say "through Nigerian politicians the whole earth shall be blessed".

What is the out of point here? You mentioned the likes of Demo and....as being wealthy and wish to be wealthy like them even when their money is ill gotten.... otherwise explain yourself
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by orisa37: 6:03am On Feb 20, 2022
TITHE IS A SELF TAX ON HAVEST. A PROVISION FOR MAINTENANCE AND DEPRECIATION IN LIFE, ADVANCEMENT AND PROGRESSION.
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Ibime2003: 7:16am On Feb 20, 2022
I still need more input on this thread, my curiosity is yet to die down. Mods, kindly help me move this thread to the front page. Thanks

Lalasticlala
mynd44
OAM4j
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:28am On Feb 20, 2022
desiredhome:

What is the out of point here? You mentioned the likes of Demo and....as being wealthy and wish to be wealthy like them even when their money is ill gotten.... otherwise explain yourself

I mentioned them for the purposes of rebutting the wrong comment of the woman I spoke to, to show that, in the blink of an eye, she would leave her people and her country to become and transform through marriage, into a Dangoterite, Tinuburite, Melayerite.
Re: Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. by leofab(f): 8:56am On Feb 20, 2022
Tithe was the conventional way of the Roman’s to collect their tax from rebelling Jews.

(1) (Reply)

Johnson Suleiman: What Really Happened In 2017 / No Job, Even If It's Menial,no Helper Thank You Jah. Rip In Advance. / There Is A Power That Created The Scientific Laws: physics as an example.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.