Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,065 members, 7,956,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:11 AM

Help Help ;fake Bank Alart - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help Help ;fake Bank Alart (1215 Views)

22-Year-Old Buys ₦4.6m Car With Fake Bank Alert, Lands In Ondo Police Net / Actor Olumide Olajide Arrested For Defrauding Traders With Fake Bank Alerts / Fraudster Who Bought A Car With Fake Bank Alert Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by starbn(m): 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2022
Sometime I always wondering when people saying they scammed them through fake alart.
But it happened to me yesterday. A customer came to our shop to buy electronics worth up to 200,000 and he said to pay through bank transfer.
After a while we got alart of the payment with almost exact expected balance..before we got the alart,he was saying we are waiting his time, that he wouldn't want to do it two times,but he do it again and we double of 200k each,he pick the itmes he but and leave,after like 30minutes,he started calling us to transfer back the second payment.
We told him to wait till morning we can do the transfer as we have exceed our limit for the day.

But insisted we transfer any cash we have using p.o.s Street vendors as bank have closed.
That he has workers to pay with the money.
We discovered it was fake when another person paid and balance was not thesame.
We quickly rush to the bank and no money was there.

We contact police to track his phone number as he still calling to demand his money back.but police said I will give them 80k to start the process.

Whoever has experienced this should help me and guide on what to do.he is asking me to pay the money through the account he provided to me.
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by madridguy(m): 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2022
This is serious. I don't see reason why you cannot mention the police station/ officer name that ask you for 80k Roger before he/she can do his job.

4 Likes

Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by TarOrfeeek: 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2022
You don't use sms alert for transfer transactions

You use your Bank app, USSD or even call your Account officer.

Sorry for your loss bro.

3 Likes

Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by Nonpartisan1: 8:08pm On Feb 18, 2022
Sorry
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by Haakeem(m): 8:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
They guy don cash una.
Its left to you people to use ur sences. Sorry thou!
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by OlujobaSamuel: 8:14pm On Feb 18, 2022
I don't use sms alert to verify transaction, i use app or email alert.
Also, how was he able to get your current credit balance in order to have made the alert looks real?

1 Like

Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by NoahHadNoArk: 8:31pm On Feb 18, 2022
[s]
Haakeem:
They guy don cash una.

Its left to you people to use ur sences. Sorry thou!
[/s]
Criminal mind spotted!
How has this trash helped anyone angry

Your first line be glorifying the criminal and praising him for outsmarting the victims,
What's the matter with Nigerian youths undecided

2 Likes

Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by Comedian2019: 8:35pm On Feb 18, 2022
This is the reason I use my banking app to confirm any transaction.
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by htdot: 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2022
Buhari is not the only problem of Nigeria after all.... these are the Yahoo boys that you lot have been praising.
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by Myzubby(m): 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2022
I was told that anytime someone makes a transfer I must verify if the amount adds up with my previous balance . ALWAYS CHECK YOUR AVAILABLE BALANCE AFTER ANY TRANSFER .
I PRAY YOU GET THE FRAUDSTER
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by Haakeem(m): 9:29pm On Feb 18, 2022
NoahHadNoArk:
[s][/s]
Criminal mind spotted!
How has this trash helped anyone angry

Your first line be glorifying the criminal and praising him for outsmarting the victims,
What's the matter with Nigerian youths undecided
lol, there are some comments you should ignore.

Anyway op it left for you to apply ur sences and catch the scammer since he is till calling you. If u dont get it....
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 18, 2022
Myzubby:
I was told that anytime someone makes a transfer I must verify if the amount adds up with my previous balance . ALWAYS CHECK YOUR AVAILABLE BALANCE AFTER ANY TRANSFER .
I PRAY YOU GET THE FRAUDSTER
Login to your mobile banking app.Also note that when a customer is telling you to do fast he is a fraudster.

1 Like

Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by starbn(m): 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:
I don't use sms alert to verify transaction, i use app or email alert.
Also, how was he able to get your current credit balance in order to have made the alert looks real?
Honestly I was asking thesame my brother.
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by johnmartus(m): 10:33pm On Feb 18, 2022
Imagine 200k what the op not even gain tell me how this local scammer can die well.
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by Truvelisback(m): 8:51am On Feb 19, 2022
starbn:
Sometime I always wondering when people saying they scammed them through fake alart.
But it happened to me yesterday. A customer came to our shop to buy electronics worth up to 200,000 and he said to pay through bank transfer.
After a while we got alart of the payment with almost exact expected balance..before we got the alart,he was saying we are waiting his time, that he wouldn't want to do it two times,but he do it again and we double of 200k each,he pick the itmes he but and leave,after like 30minutes,he started calling us to transfer back the second payment.
We told him to wait till morning we can do the transfer as we have exceed our limit for the day.

But insisted we transfer any cash we have using p.o.s Street vendors as bank have closed.

We contact police to track his phone number as he still calling to demand his money back.but police said I will give them 80k to start the process.

Whoever has experienced this should help me and guide on what to do.he is asking me to pay the money through the account he provided to me.
Na u do urself. U noticed that ur balanced didn't reflect yet u assumed that he had paid. Perhaps, u were overwhelmed by the fake figure he sent to u. If u were confused, u would have checked ur balance to confirm.
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by Angrygoat: 9:45am On Feb 19, 2022
Let's say u were paid 200,000.00 k and your previous balance was in your head ,or i this life,no mofocka forgets his acct balance. But due to the dumb fact that u r a dumbo and a fraudster as well,got carried away by the bogus figures and sold items to him at bogus price,hahahahaha. Cony man die,cony man burry am. Ole. Now naija police sef wan extort u at least 80 to 100k. Every damn mofocka on this naija soil na thief. U fucke d up foo l. U got paid with a fake ass edited sms and failed to quickly rush your mind to check your acct balance,or login into app ,check email notification. E no get how dem wan even scam me with fake alert sef, goods worth 200k all gone. Wetin him buy sef. A whole 200k worth of goods. Maybe na telly with home theater,and e go get receipt oh. Or wetin him buy,abi na ps4. You are doing business and u just rush out to give goods to any mofocka that pays via sms bombing fake alert text message. Abeg where your shop dey,God. I dey dull am o
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by MARKone(m): 11:56am On Feb 19, 2022
Nigeria is just a joke, scammers everywhere, police will ask of 80k to track a thief. I laugh when people say Naija go better.

1 Like

Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by Cerebellum: 1:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
[quote author=Angrygoat]Let's say u were paid 200,000.00 k and your previous balance was in your head ,or i this life,no mofocka forgets his acct balance. But due to the dumb fact that u r a dumbo and a fraudster as well,/quote]

Nna mehnnnnn

Nah every time you dey always angry Mr Agentgoatgrin

OP, I believe you've learnt your lesson
Go ahead and download your bank App...sorry for the loss, anyway.
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by AgentGoat: 2:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
[quote author=Cerebellum post=110359565][/quote]

Not be now

Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by usj(m): 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2022
One thing we insists on at shop is that if we don't see the money using mobile app or alert you're not going any where with the goods.

A couple on a romantic getaway find themselves stranded at sea when a tropical storm sweeps away their villa. In order to survive, they are forced to fight the elements, while sharks circle below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrVt0yIeWO8
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by silibaba: 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
starbn:

Alert, not alart
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by silibaba: 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2022
johnmartus:
Imagine 200k what the op not even gain tell me how this local scammer can die well.

English nobi beans oooo shocked shocked
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by Cerebellum: 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2022
AgentGoat:

Not be now

Hahaha grin
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by Dollarremix(m): 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
Bank app na Baba for dis kind matter incase of next time.
Re: Help Help ;fake Bank Alart by NEIGHBOUR(m): 7:09pm On Feb 19, 2022
Why not call him that there is network problem so he should come and collect cash. Then get him arrested.�

(1) (Reply)

Power-drunk Ex-defence Chief’s Son Damages Car, Beats Owner / PHCN Official Lands In Hospital As Angry Residents Break His Leg In Edo (video) / Nigeria Police Warns Prostitutes And Patronizers " We Shall Start Strict Arrest"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.