Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

//* - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / //* (985 Views)

Nigerian Lady Gets A Job After Asking Her Late Sister For Help In A Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

//* by Maxxim: 11:16pm On Feb 18, 2022
Xo
Re: //* by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
Let him visit a psychiatrist. His case seems like a mental disorder which if not tackled in time could lead to serious dementia.
Re: //* by usj(m): 11:29pm On Feb 18, 2022
Let him visit a hospital, depression is a mental case. Is he an introvert? If he is, definitely he has a Melancholy personality.

Such people are prone to depression more that any other type of personalities. He needs to get involve in what he loves, but unfortunately depression causes people to lose interest in most things and that can lead to self harm.

1 Like

Re: //* by Kobojunkie: 12:12am On Feb 19, 2022
Maxxim:
The crux of the matter is that he can't get any sleep at night without taking alcohol. He could stay all day without eating sometimes.
I'm just curious if there's a way out of this shit.
Hope this won't result to anything worse?
In anticipation for your advice please.
Please tell your friend he needs to make an appointment to see a psychiatrist and or a sleep doctor as soon as possible. undecided
Re: //* by Kobojunkie: 12:17am On Feb 19, 2022
SanctifiedSista:

He needs a good woman to look after him and forget that his depression
Someone that makes him laugh and massage his back at night, I would have recommended myself but am trying to build myself up financially to avoid being a burden to any man
A good woman will look after him how exactly? A "good" woman to make him laugh and massage his back... this is your plan to end depression and make sleep problems go away? undecided

This advice here is no wonder some Nigerian men believe women to be the reason why they die young. There heads are filled with lies about how a good woman can make magic automagically happen to them and they fall for the foolishness too. However, when the "good" woman fails to deliver on the promise, the men turn their angst against the woman. undecided

Op, please tell your friend to stay away from the so called "good" women until he has his condition under control abeg! undecided

2 Likes

Re: //* by YeyeGbami: 12:21am On Feb 19, 2022
SanctifiedSista:

Someone that makes him laugh and massage his back at night, I would have recommended myself but am trying to build myself up financially to avoid being a burden to any man

Jajajaja!

Re: //* by frozen70(f): 2:49am On Feb 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
A good woman will look after him how exactly? A "good" woman to make him laugh and massage his back... this is your plan to end depression and make sleep problems go away? undecided

This advice here is no wonder some Nigerian men believe women to be the reason why they die young. There heads are filled with lies about how a good woman can make magic automagically happen to them and they fall for the foolishness too. However, when the "good" woman fails to deliver on the promise, the men turn their angst against the woman. undecided

Op, please tell your friend to stay away from the so called "good" women until he has his condition under control abeg! undecided

You are wrong, a good woman can turn that man around for good
Re: //* by frozen70(f): 2:50am On Feb 19, 2022
SanctifiedSista:

I love the way you open up and your submission

But I pray you get a stable man who will love to have you around him
Re: //* by frozen70(f): 2:55am On Feb 19, 2022
Women have the ability to care for a man or to make a man stable, just that the bad condition of the economy have made the good one's looks as if they have had intentions

If this guy can have a good woman who is willing to help the family in getting this guy ok, there will be a good difference in his life

She will provide the love and the family will provide the finance

That's the real truth

All she needs is the family support and financial back up

You can't be rehabilitating a depressed person with out money and love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: //* by Kobojunkie: 3:05am On Feb 19, 2022
frozen70:
You are wrong, a good woman can turn that man around for good
So what you are saying right here now is if you had a daughter of marriage age, you would give her for wife to this man's friend who is clearly on the verge of what is a mental breakdown? undecided

You actually believe that your daughter can cure this man of what seems clinical depression, and sleep deprivation or even a full blown sleep disorder?. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: //* by frozen70(f): 3:10am On Feb 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So what you are saying right here now is if you has a daughter of marriage age, you would recommend her as wife for this man who is on the verge of what is a mental breakdown? undecided

You actually believe that a daughter of yours can cure this man of what seems clinical depression, and sleep deprivation or even a full blown sleep disorder?. undecided

Yes she can, but we need someone from your family, probably your biological sister so that you can monitor their progress
Re: //* by Kobojunkie: 3:11am On Feb 19, 2022
frozen70:
Yes she can, but we need someone from your family, probably your biological sister so that you can monitor their progress
Monitor progress of what amounts to foolishness? For what reason? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: //* by Maxxim: 6:43am On Feb 19, 2022
Mercychen:
Let him visit a psychiatrist. His case seems like a mental disorder which if not tackled in time could lead to serious dementia.

You mean a young person can develop dementia? He's just passed his mid twenties.
Re: //* by Maxxim: 7:05am On Feb 19, 2022
usj:
Let him visit a hospital, depression is a mental case. Is he an introvert? If he is, definitely he has a Melancholy personality.

Such people are prone to depression more that any other type of personalities. He needs to get involve in what he loves, but unfortunately depression causes people to lose interest in most things and that can lead to self harm.
Yes he's an introvert and I just read about the melancholy depression, that really described his personality, is there any self therapy or medication he could practice by himself?
Re: //* by Maxxim: 7:08am On Feb 19, 2022
SanctifiedSista:

Lol you mean he should be dependent on other people, what of shit happens
Re: //* by AutoChick4U(f): 7:13am On Feb 19, 2022
Maxxim:

Lol you mean he should be dependent on other people, what of shit happens
Get him a puppy
Re: //* by Maxxim: 7:22am On Feb 19, 2022
AutoChick4U:
Get him a puppy
I've never thought about this, sounds great.
Re: //* by Sammy101111(m): 8:17am On Feb 19, 2022
I pray you meet your own man who will understand you and neglect anythig you do
SanctifiedSista:

Re: //* by usj(m): 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
Maxxim:

Yes he's an introvert and I just read about the melancholy depression, that really described his personality, is there any self therapy or medication he could practice by himself?
hmm. A melancholy! Yes:

1. Exercise, any one at all is OK he needs to get involve in the one that interests him. Intensive exercise such as high tempo run �‍♀️ and other vigorous ones would cause him to sleep more and increases his blood circulation hence lightening up his mood.

2. He needs to do something that gives him self fulfilment. He probably been weigh down by circumstances around him.

3. He needs to adjust his expectations to March up with realities on ground because they usually have this high unrealistic expectations

4. He probably is a very intelligent person and a great thinker. One thing with such people is that they get overwhelmed easily by their thoughts.

5. I assumed he loves reading as such is common among them, gift him a book on personality by Tim lahaye titled: why I do the things I do

6. They are also very sacrificial, get him to volunteer in something he is good at as such may give him self fulfilment and make him leave the house often.

7. Tell him life happens to us all, he should quit worrying about where he is now and fight for a better tomorrow. He should not compare himself with others

1 Like

Re: //* by Kobojunkie: 1:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
Maxxim:

The problem isn't your friend's personality but instead the fact that he is exhibiting symptoms of mental illness , sleep deprivation being one of them. undecided

He is also self-medicating by using alcohol to coax himself to sleep and that is not good for anyone with mental problems. He needs to go see a doctor to help him treat the core issues. undecided

1 Like

Re: //* by Maxxim: 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The problem isn't your friend's personality but instead the fact that he is exhibiting symptoms of mental illness , sleep deprivation being one of them. undecided

He is also self-medicating by using alcohol to coax himself to sleep and that is not good for anyone with mental problems. He needs to go see a doctor to help him treat the core issues. undecided
Thank you
Re: //* by Maxxim: 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2022
usj:
hmm. A melancholy! Yes:

1. Exercise, any one at all is OK he needs to get involve in the one that interests him. Intensive exercise such as high tempo run �‍♀️ and other vigorous ones would cause him to sleep more and increases his blood circulation hence lightening up his mood.

2. He needs to do something that gives him self fulfilment. He probably been weigh down by circumstances around him.

3. He needs to adjust his expectations to March up with realities on ground because they usually have this high unrealistic expectations

4. He probably is a very intelligent person and a great thinker. One thing with such people is that they get overwhelmed easily by their thoughts.

5. I assumed he loves reading as such is common among them, gift him a book on personality by Tim lahaye titled: why I do the things I do

6. They are also very sacrificial, get him to volunteer in something he is good at as such may give him self fulfilment and make him leave the house often.

7. Tell him life happens to us all, he should quit worrying about where he is now and fight for a better tomorrow. He should not compare himself with others

Thanks for all you've written, this advice will really go a long way for em.
I'm sure he'll go through these exercise and I'll do my part in helping him also and if those symptoms still persist he'll go visit a health practitioner.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Will P-square Win 2morrow? / Marrying Within The Faith / Very Important, How To Have A Good Home!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.