Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? (1318 Views)

Single Mothers' Household Produce The Worst Kids — American Lady(vid,pix) / 'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri / Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Axis313(m): 6:18am On Feb 19, 2022
This is the question I always ask myself,though some of them are widowed,but most of them are divorcees,and some as a result of premarital flings.
And what makes it so disturbing is that the society have accepted it as a norm,something that was seen as abomination 40,50 years ago.

1 Share

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by MufasaLion: 6:23am On Feb 19, 2022
smiley
Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 19, 2022
You answered your question.
Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Ryda(m): 6:27am On Feb 19, 2022
Same way you'll find some things to be absurd 40-50 years later

It is called evolution.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Lawlab251: 6:28am On Feb 19, 2022
Ok
Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 6:33am On Feb 19, 2022
Single mother plenty because (two can not walk together except they agree). Amos 3:3

12 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by dawnomike(m): 6:33am On Feb 19, 2022
There's more to it... Some where victims of rape or deceived by the male gender.
I kinda respect a single mother who chose to bear the consequences of her actions or situation than one who commits abortion to escape the shame...

Being a single mother takes more than you know... Those are supermoms.
The question is, where is the irresponsible father!!?

8 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Freestainworld(m): 6:47am On Feb 19, 2022
Many single mother's are = many single father's, the two committed the coitus, don't shift the blame on one side, no be Angel Gabriel got them pregnant.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by abouzaid: 7:02am On Feb 19, 2022
Some are divorced or separated after been married or dating guys that deceived them with a flashy lifestyle only for the girl to realise that the guy is struggling financially later. As long as Nigerian girls are unduly attracted to money and other arcane things, single motherhood would continue to exist.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Axis313(m): 7:13am On Feb 19, 2022
Freestainworld:
Many single mother's are = many single father's, the two committed the coitus, don't shift the blame on one side, no be Angle Gabriel got them pregnant.
Okay,but the society is always concerned about single mothers,you they are the weaker gender,and they go through many u told hardship bringing up those kids,without male support,I really feel for them.
Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by AutoChick4U(f): 7:15am On Feb 19, 2022
Too many irresponsible Diiks around these days

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Axis313(m): 7:15am On Feb 19, 2022
abouzaid:
Some are divorced or separated after been married or dating guys that deceived them with a flashy lifestyle only for the girl to realise that the guy is struggling financially later. As long as Nigerian girls are unduly attracted to money and other arcane things, single motherhood would continue to exist.
Hmmm.
Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Homeboiy: 7:20am On Feb 19, 2022
Because of team condom no dey sweet

Nigga raw sure pass

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Goldentulip2: 7:34am On Feb 19, 2022
cheesy ghc
dawnomike:
There's more to it... Some where victims of rape or deceived by the male gender.
I kinda respect a single mother who chose to bear the consequences of her actions or situation than one who commits abortion to escape the shame...

Being a single mother takes more than you know... Those are supermoms.
The question is, where is the irresponsible father!!?

Please NOT all are super moms

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Babaken(m): 7:50am On Feb 19, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
Single mother plenty because (two can not walk together except they agree). Amos 3:3
your sense too much.
Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by uthlaw: 8:15am On Feb 19, 2022
AutoChick4U:
Too many irresponsible Diiks around these days
who tell them to open legs for irresponsible diiks!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Axis313(m): 8:39am On Feb 19, 2022
Infact,they are so many in my area here,and am wondering where are the guys that dump those responsibilities on their laps.
Ironically,most of them are very hardworking.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
An adult female makes a decision to sleep with a man she knows is "irresponsible" and when the consequences shows up, she refuses to take responsibility for her actions, rather she pushes the blame away from herself and then claims "he decieved me" undecided...
What a load of crap! undecided...

Unless a woman was raped or widowed or divorced (which is arguable), any adult female who had concentual sex and ends up a single mother only has herself to blame, period!

Yes! It takes two to "tango", however if one refuses to tango and chooses to walk away instead, will a "tango" happen?

Let's be real here...
When sex happens and there're consequences, it is the woman who bears the most of it....
She's the one who has to quit school due to pregnancy...
She's the one who suffers the morning sickness and dizziness and the likes...
She's the one who gets the most of the stigma...
She's the one who carries the "evidence"...

On account of this, shouldn't she be the one who should be more careful? Smarter? Wiser?

I mean, if you and I plan to do something and the consequences surfaces and I know quite well that if it goes wrong, I'll bear the most loses, guy see eh, I will sit down and plan for a very loooong time, just to make sure nothing goes wrong, cause I know that if it does, then I'll suffer the most...

But do women do that? No!
Rather, they sleep with guys who can't commit and be responsible, guys who clearly are just with them for the fun and what's worse is that, they sleep with these guys raw! No protection, no drugs and likes, and then try to absolve themselves from the consequences, mtttwwww...

@OP
In my opinion, the reason why there's a rise in the number of single mothers is "acceptance", the truth is right or wrong really doesn't matter (contextually speaking), as long as people accept it, then it'll become something that is seen as "normal"...

Check out exam malpractice for instance, there was a time were a student who was caught cheating in an exam was shamed and punished, he/she was seen as the black sheep for being caught in the act, but right now, it has gained so much acceptance to the point where it is those who don't cheat in exam that are now seen as the black sheep...

Am I saying single mothers should be shamed for being single mothers? No! All I'm saying is, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY & BE SMART ABOUT THE CHOICES YOU MAKE...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ryda:
Same way you'll find some things to be absurd 40-50 years later

It is called evolution.
Evolution ke? Na Evolution cause men to abandon their marriages, leaving many of our mothers single mothers? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Kobojunkie: 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
abouzaid:
Many of them were not at all deceived but simply abandoned in marriage. undecided

Flashy lifestyle, money, etc., get no connection to the issue at all. undecided
Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Kobojunkie: 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
Freestainworld:
Many single mother's are = many single father's, the two committed the coitus, don't shift the blame on one side, no be Angel Gabriel got them pregnant.
Fact of the matter.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by abouzaid: 1:29pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Many of them were not at all deceived but simply abandoned in marriage. undecided

Flashy lifestyle, money, etc., get no connection to the issue at all. undecided
i know many that are formerly married or baby mamas to rich yahoo boys that are now broke. Many young ladies abandon their marriages when the man falls on difficult financial times.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Spherical77(m): 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
Favfables1:
An adult female makes a decision to sleep with a man she knows is "irresponsible" and when the consequences shows up, she refuses to take responsibility for her actions, rather she pushes the blame away from herself and then claims "he decieved me" undecided...

Unless a woman was raped or widowed or divorced (which is arguable), any adult female who had concentual sex and ends up a single mother only has herself to blame, period!

Yes! It takes two to "tango", however if one refuses to tango and chooses to walk away instead, will a "tango" happen?

Let's be real here...
When sex happens and there're consequences, it is the woman who bears the most of it....

On account of this, shouldn't she be the one who should be more careful? Smarter? Wiser?

I mean, if you and I plan to do something and the consequences surfaces and I know quite well that if it goes wrong, I'll bear the most loses, guy see eh, I will sit down and plan for a very loooong time, just to make sure nothing goes wrong, cause I know that if it does, then I'll suffer the most...

Rather, they sleep with guys who can't commit and be responsible, guys who clearly are just with them for the fun and what's worse is that, they sleep with these guys raw! No protection, no drugs and likes, and then try to absolve themselves from the consequences, mtttwwww...

@OP
In my opinion, the reason why there's a rise in the number of single mothers is "acceptance", the truth is right or wrong really doesn't matter (contextually speaking), as long as people accept it, then it'll become something that is seen as "normal"...

Check out exam malpractice for instance, there was a time were a student who was caught cheating in an exam was shamed and punished, he/she was seen as the black sheep for being caught in the act, but right now, it has gained so much acceptance to the point where it is those who don't cheat in exam that are now seen as the black sheep...

Am I saying single mothers should be shamed for being single mothers? No! All I'm saying is, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY & BE SMART ABOUT THE CHOICES YOU MAKE...
i agree with you completely. Don't you think this shows how irresponsible MEN are? I am also a guy but i don't have a girlfriend that we are into sexual intercourse. Reason because I'm not financially ready for all that. I can't make love with a girl without condom. Even with condom you have to be extremely careful. Why do we have lot of irresponsible men engaging in sex without condom? Even under 20 boys are having unprotected sex. Some of them forced these girls to it. Some of them rape these girls. See how they dress now sagging trousers showing their dirty boxers in the public. Go out there and see how boys abuse these girls. You needed to see how they do body shame these girls touching the sensitive part of their body. They see these girls as sex objects and take advantage of them. Go to correctional centres across the federation to see how useless and badly raised these boys are. Infact, i can't continue

The society now have too many irresponsible Boys/Men. I'm not surprised the level of yahoo, armed robbery, rituals, pick pocket, drug peddling/addict, rapist et al. All these boys are badly raised. The society put so much responsibility on the girl child abandoning the boy child. Now we've seen the consequence. Our girls are no longer safe, little children are not safe either, some of them even went as far as using their biological mother for rituals

IF THE BOY CHILD IS WELL TRAINED, THEN THE SOCIETAL PROBLEM IS HALF SOLVED

The earlier we change the narrative the better

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Spherical77(m): 1:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
Favfables1:

Let's be real here...

@OP

i agree with you completely. Don't you think this shows how irresponsible MEN are? I am also a guy but i don't have a girlfriend that we are into sexual intercourse. Reason because I'm not financially ready for all that. I can't make love with a girl without condom. Even with condom you have to be extremely careful. Why do we have lot of irresponsible men engaging in sex without condom? Even under 20 boys are having unprotected sex. Some of them forced these girls to it. Some of them rape these girls. See how they dress now sagging trousers showing their dirty boxers in the public. Go out there and see how boys abuse these girls. You needed to see how they do body shame these girls touching the sensitive part of their body. They see these girls as sex objects and take advantage of them. Go to correctional centres across the federation to see how useless and badly raised these boys are. Infact, i can't continue

The society now have too many irresponsible Boys/Men. I'm not surprised the level of yahoo, armed robbery, rituals, pick pocket, drug peddling/addict, rapist et al. All these boys are badly raised. The society put so much responsibility on the girl child abandoning the boy child. Now we've seen the consequence. Our girls are no longer safe, little children are not safe either, some of them even went as far as using their biological mother for rituals

IF THE BOY CHILD IS PROPERLY TRAINED WITH MUCH RESPONSIBILITY WE BESTOWED UPON THE GIRL CHILD THEN THE SOCIETAL PROBLEM IS HALF SOLVED

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Richy4(m): 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
Generally, it's like a lot of men got persuasive skills in them... It's just an inborn thing... The length some men can go just to win a woman over is out of this world...

If some ladies can just open up to tell how persistent some men have been asking them out, ticking all the right places in the box, promising and doing stuffs that sounds like the one only Angel Michael himself can deliver....

But when those ladies agreed, and the end result becomes pregnancy or child birth, they takes off...

And when people sees such lady in her predicament as a single mum, it looks as if she was so easy to fall victim of irresponsible guys... maybe it has been 8 or 9 months the guy was trying and doing everything nice in the book just for her to say yes...

Though some women can be deceived easily especially the greedy ones that got swerved with flashy stuff and sees relationship as poverty alleviation program...I read about one here on Nairaland that a boy deceived.. Dude took her to a phone Shop with a promise of a new phone, took the phone outside and ran away..and she was caught..She doesn't know the man well.

In summary, most times it was not always their fault that they found themselves a single parent..

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Klass99(f): 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2022

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
Spherical77:

IF THE BOY CHILD IS WELL TRAINED, THEN THE SOCIETAL PROBLEM IS HALF SOLVED

A while ago, I said that one of the reason why there's so much moral decadence is because they're many "help a female" related campaign ((which I'm not against)) and almost none for males, in other words, males are neglected and the result is what we see here today, but I was bashed by our very beloved nairaland feminist undecided, they'll come for you, you just wait cheesy...

But you made a wonderful point by the way...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
abouzaid:
i know many that are formerly married or baby mamas to rich yahoo boys that are now broke. Many young ladies abandon their marriages when the man falls on difficult financial times.
There are those too but to assume them in the majority is wrong this since abandonments have been the norm - an alternative to divorce - from the time of our fathers and their fathers before them.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by meobizy(f): 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
Change is a constant in life. For the better or worse it is change all the same.
Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by Axis313(m): 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
Re: Why Is There So Many Single Mothers? by frozen70(f): 1:56pm On Feb 20, 2022
Axis313:
This is the question I always ask myself,though some of them are widowed,but most of them are divorcees,and some as a result of premarital flings.
And what makes it so disturbing is that the society have accepted it as a norm,something that was seen as abomination 40,50 years ago.

Because marriage is not for everyone
Every single mother has a single father some where

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Incredible Business You Can Start And Earn At Least Six Figures In A Month / Please What Is This On My Son's Neck / Why Do Brothers Or Sisters Fight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.