Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? (19965 Views)

Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm / Help! 500k Was Moved From My Brothers Account After ATM swallowed his card / UBA Bans The Use Of ATM For Some Transaction Such As Betting And Many Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by iamL(f): 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2022
mu2sa2:
Even if you detect a fake naira note there the bank guys can still deny that it was dispensed from their atm. I know of a case exactly like that. Met a guy at an atm point lamenting that 1k note out of 5k dispensed was fake. I encouraged him to follow it up especially given that he was to deliver the 5k to someone and the fact that he had no money to balance up. Later in the day the guy called me ( I gave him my number to update me) and said he went inside the bank to lodge a complaint and they claimed they always double-check the notes before loading on atm. Back in his office, he reported the matter and it went up to the Cp. It turned out that the guy was a police man. He said the Cp immediately ordered the arrest of the bank manager. Mehn, come and see begging when the Cp threatened to order full investigation into the case. The guy had the 1k replaced. Looked like those bank officials were deliberately mixing fake with geniune notes.

Nigerian banks are corporate criminals.
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
Britain4:
What's ATM Just hearing of it
Are you in 17th Century?
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by membranus: 7:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
MartinsD12:

Bank dispense a fake note that is a criminal offense you could have take that bank to court mehn and cash out

Which court? In Nigeria or abroad? Will he have the money for a long drawn out court case.

I know you are being sarcastic.
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Poloyanabo2(m): 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
lagusboyyy:
Naija people no dey easily trust technology.

* They would lock car with the security keys, even after hearing the notification sound, naija people go still open the car door to confirm.

* They would count money that ATM just finished dispensing. No be you input the digit Na those ones wey dey even count am in front of the ATM dey vex me pass, you wan lock the ATM shirt, if money no complete.

* They would install CCTV cam, even after seeing you on the monitor, dem go still open door, comot outside to confirm if na you truly.. Lol..

Naija people..
@The CCTV own, me i no understand them oo
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by kennyshaddy: 7:29pm On Feb 19, 2022
There is nothing wrong in reconfirming cash dispensed by ATMs. There are some rare situations whereby ATMs might pay less or over. This might due to wrong denominations loaded into ATMs or faulty presenter/Clamp.
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by lagusboyyy(m): 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2022
Poloyanabo2:
@The CCTV own, me i no understand them oo
Hahaha..
Dem go wan cross check, if na you true true..
CCTV fit dey disguise na..
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Alatishetoheeb1(m): 7:37pm On Feb 19, 2022
Till tomorrow I go dey confirm my payment from ATM machine, I remembered back then in portharcourt, I went to withdraw 13k only for the ATM to pay me 12k, I went inside the first bank to lodge complaint, they told me to complain to my bank gtb, both gtb and first bank they pushe here and there till I forget the money
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Ajstyles01(m): 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:
Unless you're hoping to return a bad note to the banking hall after the atm gives you, nor even bother....plus it's unlikely that you'll be short paid, and NEVER OVERPAID
i have been overpaid before
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by DelphiOracle(m): 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2022
Hadone:
There is. Because I remembered a day when I withdrew N10,000 free a popular bank in Jimeta-Yola. The machine rather dispensed a mixture of both genuine and fake currency I immediately moved inside the bank with my transaction receipt and surrendered the money dispensed by their machine. They immediately substitute the fake notes with genuine currency
wow. Who put d fake currency for inside the machine. And the machine come give u receipt. Wow
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Origin(f): 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
There are times when the amount dispensed feels very light.....

Or when account balance is really looooooow...
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by sulicon(m): 8:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
To avoid the story that touches the heart, is good to confirm someone cash after withdrawed from ATM manchine. When Skye bank was existing, I withdrew money from their manchine. To my surprise i saw one fake one thousand naira among the money that was dispense to me!!
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by lordatkinson07(m): 8:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
It is call double checking!
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Boyooosa(m): 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2022
Don't assume anything...my kobo
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Taigaban: 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
At one time I was over paid. I took the money inside the Bank to report and Tellers told me that it's not possible for me to be over paid.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by heartbeat84: 9:35pm On Feb 19, 2022
it is more than necessary to confirm it, no matter the amount involved. i do it, to avoid stories that touch
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by dapadawee: 9:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
NaijaMutant:
I stumbled on a thread where a robot was used as a waiter, then a Nairalander commented saying despite the all the years ATM has been in operation, both tested and trust, still Nigerians count their cash after dispensary.

I am one of them grin

I still do not trust the ATM to dispense accurately. Once bitten, twice shy.

The only thing u need to confirm is if there is fake amomgst
Why in school, I've been once short paid by the ATM. I withdrew 3,000 Naira but it dispensed 2,500 Naira

As little as little as the money may sound, it meant a lot to me then.

Ever since, I dey count my money to confirm grin

Share your experience
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Dearlord(m): 9:58pm On Feb 19, 2022
Okortor:
Lool...av u worked as a custodian that u r saying 100% accurate? Lol.

E go shock u one day.

I know what i am saying, e no fit shock me because it was programmed to do so.
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by ibinaboonline: 10:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
Me, I don’t bother. Good luck convincing them inside the bank that the atm underpaid you.
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by bibianna(f): 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
I always try to!
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Okortor: 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
Lol, I'm an ATM service expert and one time worked as a custodian in a commercial bank... Just that some things are better left unsaid because u won't understand irrespective of how i detail it but next time don't vouch what you don't know or have no idea about...nice night.
Dearlord:

I know what i am saying, e no fit shock me because it was programmed to do so.
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by dhtml6(m): 11:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ladycewhy:
A bank ATM once dispensed fake 1k note for me . If I had counted probably would have noticed it before leaving the ATM.
This same thing happened to me once, I have reached a fueling station before they realized this, their defence was that if I have noticed immediately while I was still at the machine with camera, it would be easier to prove. Well, they got away with it, luckily, it was just one note.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Hadone(m): 12:16am On Feb 20, 2022
angelfallz:
These days that ATM don't give out transaction receipts. I'm sure if didn't have the transaction receipt, the bank would have refused to listen to you.

The machine asked Do you need a receipt for your transaction?
Many people mostly select No. This is what usually happened

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Hadone(m): 12:20am On Feb 20, 2022
MartinsD12:

Bank dispense a fake note that is a criminal offense you could have take that bank to court mehn and cash out
I don't have time for taking them to court. All I need is my money which they gave to me in less than 30 minutes
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Hadone(m): 12:27am On Feb 20, 2022
DelphiOracle:
wow. Who put d fake currency for inside the machine. And the machine come give u receipt. Wow
My guy, all I care for is to have my money intact which I later achieved in less than 30 minutes. How the fake currency got inside the machine is non of my business. I don't even want to know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by nurez305(m): 12:47am On Feb 20, 2022
MartinsD12:

that is if they believe you and accepted that the fault was from them.

What if the person have that fake note in his pocket and immediately added it to the money collected and went inside the bank to complain that the ATM dispense the fake note.

Most banker will never accepted that complain from you
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by kabillionaire(m): 12:59am On Feb 20, 2022
I once did oo!

There was a time I used a GTB ATM in Minna and the cash came out N3k short.

After counting it twice, I faced the CCTV and counted again.

The next morning I paid them a visit, before night fall my N3k was credited to my account.

They no born them well to chop my money.

richeeyo:
Funniest thing is if your money no complete
You no fit hold the machine responsible
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by csckid(m): 1:33am On Feb 20, 2022
come all ye freelancers for your ecurrency exchange to Naira...contact in signature...trade with peace of mind(no scam zone)...bitcoin, Payoneer, PayPal, neteller, Skrill, TransferWise, zelle, perfect money, giftcards, e-transfer, etc
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by MartinsD12(m): 2:20am On Feb 20, 2022
nurez305:
that is if they believe you and accepted that the fault was from them.

What if the person have that fake note in his pocket and immediately added it to the money collected and went inside the bank to complain that the ATM dispense the fake note.

Most banker will never accepted that complain from you
ATM has camera cc tv monitoring so that's not a problem
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by shoprite: 3:27am On Feb 20, 2022
Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary?

In Naija . . .YES !

Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by DSDLIVEREPORT: 3:50am On Feb 20, 2022
As an African it is difficult not to not respond differently to arising issues
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Ladycewhy(f): 5:27am On Feb 20, 2022
dhtml6:

This same thing happened to me once, I have reached a fueling station before they realized this, their defence was that if I have noticed immediately while I was still at the machine with camera, it would be easier to prove. Well, they got away with it, luckily, it was just one note.
I think bank officials are delibrately stealing bank money made to fill up ATMs and switching it with fake notes.
Re: Is There Any Need To Confirm Cash After ATM Dispensary? by Dotez: 6:41am On Feb 20, 2022
I don't believe that cock and bull story dat ATM machine short pay.........well as for me,i'm yet to see a reason to count the cash after dispensing,it just doesn't make any iota sense to me...........u expect me to be counting,50k,30k,100k and likes when all eyes will be on you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP / Early Morning, Fire Destroys Goods Worth Millions Of Naira In Ibadan Mkt (pic) / Buy 9Mobile 1GB(150), Airtel(297), MTN(281) & Glo(240)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.