Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. (1815 Views)

My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal / Innoson Develops Multi-level Car Park In Anambra To Meet Demand- PICS & VIDEO / The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by SeaTrade(m): 6:20am On Feb 20, 2022
Hi people,
So my 2015 ford ranger 2x4 developed some issues on my way back from a trip.
Suddenly,the power dropped and started rough idling immediately,only for me to check the back and saw a great deal of white smoke coming out the exhaust.
Initially I thought the fuel pump was the reason,but no.
First of all,oil dey enter the plugs dey soak them.
Secondly ,the rings got bad,oil finds It's way to the combustion chamber,a piston got damaged that wounded the engine block too.
So my concern is ,will the engine come back to normal when all of this is replaced?
Is it worth putting the money in or I should just take that useless car to an open field and torch it?
I gave the job to a guy who took it as a contract and is the one to provide parts and labour,will only pay after repairs are done.
I hate this kind thing like mad.
Also the guy first said the block na 70k,later e claim say e no match,say e go Onitsha and na 150k last,I dey wonder how person use 2 hours from PH to Onitsha abi na job e dey job me?
Cc nurey,laivwire,gazzuzz ,9icetoo and other gurus.
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by Kingdemu: 6:49am On Feb 20, 2022
Femtopford
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by sultaan(m): 8:31am On Feb 20, 2022
Oil should never just start getting into combustion chamber unless someone had worked on the engine or the oil has been overfilled.

Engines just dont die like that.

What kind of engine oil or filter was used, what was the oil pressure reading, is the oil chamber full of water .
Usually when what you experienced happen it is because there was no engine oil or overheating.

But before any of this happened there would have been lots of warning

4 Likes

Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by CaptainAyub: 8:32am On Feb 20, 2022
SeaTrade:
Hi people,
Suddenly,the power dropped and started rough idling immediately,only for me to check the back and saw a great deal of white smoke coming out the exhaust.
Secondly ,the rings got bad,oil finds It's way to the combustion chamber,a piston got damaged that wounded the engine block too.
So my concern is ,will the engine come back to normal when all of this is replaced?
Is it worth putting the money in or I should just take that useless car to an open field and torch it?
I gave the job to a guy who took it as a contract and is the one to provide parts and labour,will only pay after repairs are done.
Also the guy first said the block na 70k,later e claim say e no match,say e go Onitsha and na 150k last,I dey wonder how person use 2 hours from PH to Onitsha abi na job e dey job me?
What of just buying Tokumbo engine?
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by SeaTrade(m): 8:35am On Feb 20, 2022
CaptainAyub:

What of just buying Tokumbo engine?
I don't even know if I can find a tomunbo engine for that truck honestly.
Options here are very limited.
Any ideas?
And na 2015 so I guess it'll be very expensive.
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by SeaTrade(m): 8:40am On Feb 20, 2022
sultaan:
Oil should never just start getting into combustion chamber unless someone had worked on the engine or the oil has been overfilled.

Engines just dont die like that.

What kind of engine oil or filter was used, what was the oil pressure reading, is the oil chamber full of water .
Usually when what you experienced happen it is because there was no engine oil or overheating.

But before any of this happened there would have been lots of warning
There has been a huge problem of oil leaking between the gearbox and the engine.I even called 9icetoo and told him about it.
I kept changing oil seals to solve the problem to no avail.
It kept leaking whether in motion or stationary,so I resorted to topping the oil almost all the time while I looked for a solution.
They said i have to let them drop the engine so that they can trace the leak,I refused because that truck is new and I know the moment naija technicians dropped the engine,that's it!Reason for my decline.
Now them no only drop am,they've ripped it apart.
Nna I just tire,truck weh I just buy and highly maintained.
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by nurey(m): 8:42am On Feb 20, 2022
SeaTrade:
Hi people,

That engine is not known to be faulty even on 20w50 oil. Except yours is the turbo engine.

Check the price of tokunbo first to weigh your option
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by laivwire(m): 9:22am On Feb 20, 2022
SeaTrade:
Hi people,
If you can please replace the engine to avoid maintaining a money pit
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by SeaTrade(m): 9:41am On Feb 20, 2022
laivwire:

If you can please replace the engine to avoid maintaining a money pit
I thought of this but if old hilux engine goes for 1.7m,imagine what this will sell for.
And there's nothing special about this vehicle that I have to expend so much money on,its a trading vehicle .
It's not a wise choice looking for it to be perfect.
If they can fix it and it moves,whether it vibrates ooo,make clanking noises or whatever I wouldn't care.
Will just manage it for sometime and throw it away,useless ford.spits!
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by sultaan(m): 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
Oil leak from the rear main seal is as a result of high oil pressure in the engine PCV/CCV clog. The solution would have been to drop the transmission and fix it.
I think your oil leaked out of the engine and you drove with no oil pressure.

Your bearings are toast right now and repairs might not be lasting due to the wear on cylinder wall. replacement of most internal parts too can be expensive because they will be new rebuild.
They will have to open it up to review the level of damage.

Search for your engine online, you may have to import a used engine or get someone to ship one for you.
Do you have the 2.3l engine?
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by SeaTrade(m): 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
sultaan:
Oil leak from the rear main seal is as a result of high oil pressure in the engine PCV/CCV clog. The solution would have been to drop the transmission and fix it.
I think your oil leaked out of the engine and you drove with no oil pressure.

Your bearings are toast right now and repairs might not be lasting due to the wear on cylinder wall. replacement of most internal parts too can be expensive because they will be new rebuild.
They will have to open it up to review the level of damage.

Search for your engine online, you may have to import a used engine or get someone to ship one for you.
Do you have the 2.3l engine?
I am changing the engine block to another one ,so I guess the wear on the cylinder wall wouldn't matter,would it?Since I am throwing the old one away.
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by sultaan(m): 9:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
SeaTrade:
I am changing the engine block to another one ,so I guess the wear on the cylinder wall wouldn't matter,would it?Since I am throwing the old one away.

You are planning to change the cylinder block but use the same valve head.
Oil starvation has effect on different parts of the engine. Everything has to be looked at to know level of damage
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by TPound(m): 4:44am On Feb 21, 2022
SeaTrade:
I don't even know if I can find a tomunbo engine for that truck honestly.
Options here are very limited.
Any ideas?
And na 2015 so I guess it'll be very expensive.

I could help if you want...
WhatsApp me on the number in my signature
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by id4sho(m): 4:26pm On Feb 22, 2022
Boss seatrade, I remembered when you asked about purchasing that ford truck. Lot of folks said go for hilux. You even rebuilt your hilux engine shortly before purchasing that ford. I guess you've got a practical experience now. Ford ranger are good when brand-new considering our roadside mechanics. Well the ford engine ain't expensive like the reliable Toyota 2tr-fe. Try and dispose that ford within the quickest shortest possible time and get a single cabin hilux with 2rz/3rz/2tr engine considering your budget because of reliability most especially for haulage or distribution of FCMG.
#my2cent
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by SeaTrade(m): 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2022
id4sho:
Boss seatrade, I remembered when you asked about purchasing that ford truck. Lot of folks said go for hilux. You even rebuilt your hilux engine shortly before purchasing that ford. I guess you've got a practical experience now. Ford ranger are good when brand-new considering our roadside mechanics. Well the ford engine ain't expensive like the reliable Toyota 2tr-fe. Try and dispose that ford within the quickest shortest possible time and get a single cabin hilux with 2rz/3rz/2tr engine considering your budget because of reliability most especially for haulage or distribution of FCMG.
#my2cent
Do you have the idea of price for engine of the ford ranger?
I am going mutsubishi L200 way now,got the 2017 L200 in December,
Almost done with the purchase of another 2011 L200,I think they are cheaper to purchase and run and are really reliable too.
Thing is finding a hilux is difficult unless you want to buy brand new which I don't see the point In buying a new truck that terrible roads will render useless in a year in my kind of work,plus task force that always attack our kind of vehicles with stick and metals on the highways and within town sef.

Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by RuneKingThor: 7:13pm On Feb 22, 2022
SeaTrade:

plus task force that always attack our kind of vehicles with stick and metals on the highways and within town sef.
What do you mean by this? Please explain sir.
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by SeaTrade(m): 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2022
RuneKingThor:

What do you mean by this? Please explain sir.
Sticker /emblem people ,basket,environmental, etc....
Extortion by all these local government touts.

1 Like

Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by RuneKingThor: 9:59am On Feb 23, 2022
SeaTrade:
Sticker /emblem people ,basket,environmental, etc....
Extortion by all these local government touts.
Wow that must be so annoying. Na wa oo. Lagos sef.
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by SeaTrade(m): 1:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
RuneKingThor:

Wow that must be so annoying. Na wa oo. Lagos sef.
I no dey lagos ooo,it's a nationwide menace bro.

1 Like

Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by Kingdemu: 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
SeaTrade:
I no dey lagos ooo,it's a nationwide menace bro.
Never heard of such here in the North though
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by SeaTrade(m): 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kingdemu:
Maybe it's a southern problem.
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by Kingdemu: 4:38pm On Feb 23, 2022
SeaTrade:
Maybe it's a southern problem.
I should think so. What we have here is a LGAs Department of Agriculture guys who collect tax on behalf of LGAs from trailers and commercial trucks carrying agricultural produce, mainly on weekly market days. They are stationed within entry and exit points of rural markets only. I've seen them once on the highway though somewhere in Nasarawa State when you're approaching from Plateau axis. They don't stop private trucks even if you're carrying agricultural produce, but the rickety old commercial ones.
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by SeaTrade(m): 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kingdemu:
I should think so. What we have here is a LGAs Department of Agriculture guys who collect taxbfor LGs from trailers and commercial trucks carrying agricultural produce, mainly on weekly market days. They are stationed within entry and exit points of rural markets. I've seen them once on the highway somewhere in Nasarawa State when you're approaching from Plateau axis. They don't stop private trucks even if you're carrying agricultural produce, but the rickety old commercial ones.
My brother for here if you get any kind of pick up,Them go dey block you for road dey ask for emblem and basket.
Especially my types weh dey carry metallic container for back.
Them go dey harass us,they even break my light the other time for Aba,I want mad.
And my trucks go to many states,so I end up wasting a lot of money for the different states I visit.
I have resorted to outrunning them when I can,some I jam them and break their legs ,and settle for some.
The extortion much olorun.

Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by Kingdemu: 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
SeaTrade:
My brother for here if you get any kind of pick up,Them go dey block you for road dey ask for emblem and basket.
Especially my types weh dey carry metallic container for back.
Them go dey harass us,they even break my light the other time for Aba,I want mad.
And my trucks go to many states,so I end up wasting a lot of money for the different states I visit.
I have resorted to outrunning them when I can,some I jam them and break their legs ,and settle for some.
The extortion much olorun.
Nawa oo cry
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by sultaan(m): 10:51pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kingdemu:

Harassment of southerners is part of the endsars protest, you won't be able to imagine how bad the roads can be for small businesses until you get into their hands
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by Kingdemu: 11:12pm On Feb 23, 2022
sultaan:

Harassment of southerners is part of the endsars protest, you won't be able to imagine how bad the roads can be for small businesses until you get into their hands
I agree
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by sultaan(m): 2:15am On Feb 24, 2022
@Seatrade

If you look at the reviews online in markets where mini utes are dominant the top dogs are ford and Toyota.

Nearest Chinese is Innoson.

Unless you need to import something reliable from US like Tacoma,Tundra,F150, Frontier Ram, or Silverado. Those are the top dogs and they are not cheap in today's market.

If you engine is not totalliyou might look into rebuil or import from SA, or Australia
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by Gofwane(m): 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
SeaTrade:
Good evening sir and sorry for contacting you like this. I tried sending you a pm but I never got a response.
Truth is I am so broke right now and have not eaten since morning. I decided to reach out to you with my main moniker cos I believe you are the straight forward type (followed your threads from those days of logobenz).
I need your help sir. I have a recharge card of 1,500 to sell in exchange for the same amount so I eat tonight.
I have a vendor that sells to me and I pay by month end. I will ask him to send it to you.
Sir, kindly quote me with the network of your choice.
Please sir, see this as helping a helpless brother out.
Thanks alot. This is my no 08092229986
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by SeaTrade(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
Gofwane:
Good evening sir and sorry for contacting you like this. I tried sending you a pm but I never got a response.
Truth is I am so broke right now and have not eaten since morning. I decided to reach out to you with my main moniker cos I believe you are the straight forward type (followed your threads from those days of logobenz).
I need your help sir. I have a recharge card of 1,500 to sell in exchange for the same amount so I eat tonight.
I have a vendor that sells to me and I pay by month end. I will ask him to send it to you.
Sir, kindly quote me with the network of your choice.
Please sir, see this as helping a helpless brother out.
Thanks alot. This is my no 08092229986
I understand.
Life can be hard sometimes, but it's all good.
I want nothing in exchange,you can keep your recharge card.
Just post aza and I'll look for a way to help out anonymously.
Cheers mehn.

1 Like

Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by Gofwane(m): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2022
SeaTrade:
I understand. Life can be hard sometimes, but it's all good. I want nothing in exchange,you can keep your recharge card. Just post aza and I'll look for a way to help out anonymously. Cheers mehn.
Oh my God. I am just short of words. 0107412972 Gofwan C E. GTB May the universe be kind to you. I truly appreciate you sir.
Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by SeaTrade(m): 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Gofwane:
Oh my God. I am just short of words.
0107412972 Gofwan C E. GTB
May the universe be kind to you. I truly appreciate you sir.
sent!
Cheers mehn.

1 Like

Re: Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. by Gofwane(m): 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
SeaTrade:
sent!
Cheers mehn.
Jesus christ! I just got an alert of 5k. My God! I'm just speechless.
I will never forget this. Thank you so much sir.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Brand New Shocks For 1999 Toyota Camry / 10 Most Reliable Used Cars Brands / 1994 BMW 5 Series Vs 1994 Mercedes Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.