Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? (28166 Views)

Thieves Stealing Toyota, Lexus Vehicles Using Key Fob 'Relay' / 10 Of The Most Famous Luxury Car Bonnet Ornaments Or Mascots Of All Time / See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by NaijaCover(m): 1:26pm On Sep 03, 2023
Nothing No Go See

Car Battery Thief Dey Everywhere In Nigeria

Even In Onitsha Here, They are stealing Battery.

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by ayenika1: 1:26pm On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:
There is an increase rate at which car batteries are stolen. What is fueling it is the high demand and available market for them. The other day they stole my neighbor car battery and I want to know how well can one avoid this. How the thief open the bonnet? And is it possible to chain the bonnet inside?

Check under your tire, the string/cable that pulls the bonnet pass through. That's where it is pulled gently to open the bonnet.

12 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by nkemoma(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2023
I know.. but duuno how to put it in writing
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Cybergoddess(f): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:
There is an increase rate at which car batteries are stolen. What is fueling it is the high demand and available market for them. The other day they stole my neighbor car battery and I want to know how well can one avoid this. How the thief open the bonnet? And is it possible to chain the bonnet inside?
most Japanese car bonnets are very easy to unlock from outside. * just lie down under the bonnet, stretch your hand underneath past the gap between grill and radiator, catch the bonnet cable and pull downwards..... Voila!

10 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by phemmyfour: 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:
From the front tyre side. Let me look for the video

https://fb.watch/mQebQMktg7/

Another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O07UFUnkItQ

10 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by olamilarks(m): 1:40pm On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:
A simple YouTube video will reveal this, one year I locked the keys in my car and I didn't want to call panel (because they'll force the glass windows open to try and press the unlock button) I searched on YouTube for a way to open the car without keys and I followed the video.

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by jumper524(m): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:
they use slim iron, those bucket handle iron. I've seen mechanic do so to an automatic car after the battery dies and the doors were already locked. They just locate a pin in the bunnet and drag.
Best thing to do is just to take your battery with you if it's a common problem in your area.

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by itsme01: 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by solexybaba(m): 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2023
I don suffer 4 dis kain mata like 3 times so I later met 1 welder who fabricated a metal lock with provision 4 padlock under d chamber so I permanently locked it so wen they came d nxt time. Dem just leave d bonnet open n left. E go beta 4 thieves aswea

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by GistFullGround: 1:50pm On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:

Ordinary car battery is what is being stolen now in Nigeria? Cursed generation. Tufiiakwa!
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Unperturbedpota: 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:

A piece of broken sparkplug in hard eba they now toss it close range at the small window where your side mirror is it fragments like power without a sound louder than a small snap that you can't hear even at midnight then they enter th car from there

Or through the space above the driver front tire where the suspension is there is a way you can use a small hanger hook to open the bonnet from there.

My mechanic in Nigeria showed me these back then . You just made me miss yinka my mechanic

2 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by correctguy101(m): 1:53pm On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:

gringrin

Na real wa, Bois wan dash pesin Agbako....

Goan buy spanner o...

Since you don't stay in a gated compound and packing outside seems unsafe, then be ready to regularly remove and fix battery...

When I was at Ughelli, my father's house had no gate or fence for that matter, that's how we protect the batteries of our vehicles.. Ughelli boys too like to dey thief.
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Dyfynezz12(m): 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2023
Locate the bonnet cable from under
Pull it and boom dy bonnet is open
But it works mostly in Japanese cars

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by FireUpNow(m): 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2023
This OP love wahala ooo. See JAMB questions. You for ask how politicians and INEC take dey rig elections instead na. U want expose thieves abi? Anyways I woke up one morning and asi open my car hood,to check the engine oil and water level. I saw a crispy 1000 note on top the engine, na that day I fear because it seems those car thieves wanted to remove my battery but they did not succeed.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by CaptainFM1: 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2023
Cokahot:
If battery dey boot ,any accident from rear na explosion. Dat na y I ha8 German esp bmw

What's the likelihood, frequency and severity of battery explosion on those cars with battery at the rear? Risk may not be totally avoided, but can be mitigated. The highlighted would have been thoroughly considered during risk assessment and designing of the said vehicles.

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Myer(m): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:

There's a way ironsmiths work keylock for the battery.
You should consider that if your neighbourhood is prone to battery robbery.
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Triangles1(m): 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
Baitullah:
I sense this is a trap to identify nairaland thieves

Lol, why you dey fear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by saveman91(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2023
You can't try it in BMW or benz their battery dey boot only if there is no where to open except u use remote

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Montario: 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2023
Well I was fortunate some months back in my estate where I packed my Toyota Camry big daddy overnight and right behind me is a solara also. The following morning I was told the Solara’s battery as been stolen I immidiately remove mine and put it in the booth….where I won c 40k for another battery

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Longinyamapucci(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2023
Baitullah:

Which you might be for raising the alarm for others to take cover.
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by tfelicityk(m): 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2023
They have consulted panel beaters for the skills. Rather watched a panel doing it. Besides, some apprentice of this panel guys maybe responsible in the thefts.
Some vehicles bonnets cable is visible and passed through the axis of the shock absorber of the car.
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by ozijay: 2:21pm On Sep 03, 2023
What they do is gain access to the gear cable that unlocks your bornet. The gear cables are usually located right above the sand protector so all they need to do is squeeze thier hands through the sand protector and find it and when they do they pull it hard and your bornet unlocks. It's the same thing you do when you open your bornet from inside your car just that yours is much easier. I can easily see my gear cables in my Toyota corrola then but it's not easy to find them on newer cars so I heard.

fineboynl:

2 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by symbianDON(m): 2:21pm On Sep 03, 2023
phemmyfour:
From the front tyre side. Let me look for the video

https://fb.watch/mQebQMktg7/

Another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O07UFUnkItQ
angry
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by okoroemeka(m): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:
very easy to open the bonnet,just under the bumper there is a black cable to leads to the bonnet latch if you pull it the bonnet will open, there's no way to safeguard your battery from determined thieves short from removing it and bringing it inside the house,even a chain and the strongest padlock is no match for a bolt cutter

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by gabbasin: 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2023
MRDEE01:
They steal mostly Japanese batteries.
They couldn't steal my neighbour's BMW battery after the took almost 4 batteries in our neighbourhood
BMW car batteries are located in the booth of the car. It's very hard to force open the booth of a car.

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by pstemma1990: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2023
Dididrumz:
Most times, it's from the trunk of the car.

They enter from the trunk, push down the back sit and get fully into the car and then they pull the bonnet release lever.

PS: most people do no lock their trunk.
~ that's not always the case, there is a thick black cord under the covered above the front Tyre and the drivers side.... If u see it u might think that it's an ordinary wire.. But it's usually very thick.. If u draw it back with force, the bunnnet is opened at once..

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by luluman: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2023
Baitullah:
Are you afraid? If yes .....
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by gabbasin: 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2023
The thieves who perpetuate these acts mostly break either a small glass by the door of the car or the door glass itself, then they access inside of the car by opening the door from inside. through the broken glass, after which the bonnet is opened.
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Waterysperm: 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
You want me to explain in details my mode of operation to you or what. You must be very very stupid. Olodo rabata!!!
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by prophetfire: 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:
A panel beater can costruct a chaining hooks that will need a chain and padlock to protect the battery.

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by HRMK: 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2023
most of car parts thieves have some knowledge in repairs and sales of vehicles generally!if not sure of the safety simply remove it and keep indoors overnight!!
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by BALLOSKI: 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2023
Cokahot:
If battery dey boot ,any accident from rear na explosion. Dat na y I ha8 German esp bmw
Dodge charger battery sits at the back.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State / Post Your Current Car Picture. / 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.