Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Please Advise Me - Computer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Market / Please Advise Me (163 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me by 88boys: 1:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
I’m a guy who does some heavy work in video editing and probably gaming on after effects and Adobe premiere

So I’m in a budget, and I’m looking to buy an apple MacBook Pro 2012

2.5ghz processing speed
Core I5
250Gb SSD
8gb RAM

Will it be able to cope with heavy work? I’m not working with 4K or anything, I’m working with 1080p footage max

Thanks
Re: Please Advise Me by Adewale1603(m): 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
88boys:
I’m a guy who does some heavy work in video editing and probably gaming on after effects and Adobe premiere

So I’m in a budget, and I’m looking to buy an apple MacBook Pro 2012

2.5ghz processing speed
Core I5
250Gb SSD
8gb RAM

Will it be able to cope with heavy work? I’m not working with 4K or anything, I’m working with 1080p footage max

Thanks
you will need a system that has its own separate dedicated graphics memory chip for those task, especially the video editing work, decent graphics hardware that can process and calculate on its own for the video editing, conversion and adobe works without sharing memory to avoid lagging of any kind. its not only about the processor and ram. SSD is good for the tasks. though some high specs, intel integrated graphics are also equivalent to some discrete graphics and are up to the task. you can still go for that since your budget is average
Re: Please Advise Me by 88boys: 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2022
Adewale1603:
you will need a system that has its own separate dedicated graphics memory chip for those task, especially the video editing work, decent graphics hardware that can process and calculate on its own for the video editing, conversion and adobe works without sharing memory to avoid lagging of any kind. its not only about the processor and ram. SSD is good for the tasks. though some high specs, intel integrated graphics are also equivalent to some discrete graphics and are up to the task. you can still go for that since your budget is average
Thank you very much for your advise
I’d like to know more please
What PC would you recommend for someone with a budget a little above 200k
Re: Please Advise Me by Adewale1603(m): 4:28pm On Feb 20, 2022
88boys:

Thank you very much for your advise
I’d like to know more please
What PC would you recommend for someone with a budget a little above 200k
https://www.nairaland.com/6992671/us-used-hp-pavilion-laptop
Re: Please Advise Me by Adewale1603(m): 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2022
something like this. with its Amd radeon graphics.

(1) (Reply)

Mini Soundgo Bluetooth Speaker... / Audio-visual, Boardroom Solution, Audio-video Conferencing, Auditoriums / Mint Dell E7450 I7 For Sale.......110k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.