Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? (410 Views)

Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. / Oyedepo Offers Closing Sermon At Pastor Dare Adeboye's Farewell Service / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by Truvelisback(m): 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
Good day, fellas. How do u feel when ur pastor/Church closes late all the time? E.g By preaching long and boring sermon, wasting time in a church meeting in the name of an audio brief meeting. It pisses me off. But sometimes, we just hide our grumbling, frowning and anger by covering it with a fake smile. The funny part is that, most of these pastors can't read the countenance of their members. Who can relate?
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by immortalcrown(m): 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. How do u feel when ur pastor/Church closes late all the time? E.g By preaching long and boring sermon, wasting time in a church meeting in the name of an audio brief meeting. It pisses me off. But sometimes, we just hide our grumbling, frowning and anger by covering it with a fake smile. The funny part is that, most of these pastors can't read the countenance of their members. Who can relate?
You are just a hypocrite dying in silence.
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by Truvelisback(m): 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
immortalcrown:
You are just a hypocrite dying in silence.
Justify ur claim.
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by dawnomike(m): 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
I can relate... They don't seem to know when to stop or notice when they are losing their audience

1 Like

Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by immortalcrown(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
Justify ur claim.
See the justification below.
Truvelisback:
It pisses me off. But sometimes, we just hide our grumbling, frowning and anger by covering it with a fake smile.
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by immortalcrown(m): 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2022
Let me quote your whole post.
Truvelisback:
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by Truvelisback(m): 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2022
immortalcrown:

See the justification below.
How has my comment made me an hypocrite? I think u are the hypocrite. It's people like u that likes hiding their pains, anger with a smile instead of expressing ur feelings.

1 Like

Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by immortalcrown(m): 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
How has my comment made me an hypocrite? I think u are the hypocrite. It's people like u that likes hiding their pains, anger with a smile instead of expressing ur feelings.
You pretend to like what you hate. You smile when participating in the activities that happen in your church and you come here (a faceless platform) to complain about those activities. Are you not the hypocrite hiding your feelings in the church? You said it yourself that you cover your anger with fake smiles. Between you and I, who is dying in silence?
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by spice123(m): 8:58pm On Feb 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
You're on point.
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by Truvelisback(m): 9:08pm On Feb 20, 2022
immortalcrown:

You pretend to like what you hate. You smile when participating in what happens in your church and you complain here. Are you not the hypocrite hiding your feelings in the church? You said it yourself that you cover your anger with fake smiles. Between you and i, who is dying in silence?
U sound like an illiterate, even though u may think ur comment is sensible. I do not create this post because of me alone but for others as well who can relate. By the way, were u expecting me to approach the head pastor and tell him his sermon is too long and boring? Or he closes too late? It would look like a disrespect for me to do so. It's just like telling ur Boss that u are taking time too much in this meeting. How would u feel, if u are the Boss? My second reason of creating this thread is so that other pastors would learn and know the importance of time management.

1 Like

Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by immortalcrown(m): 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
U sound like an illiterate, even though u may think ur comment is sensible. I do not create this post because of me alone but for others as well who can relate. By the way, were u expecting me to approach the head pastor and tell him his sermon is too long and boring? Or he closes too late? It would look like a disrespect for me to do so. It's just like telling ur Boss that u are taking time too much in this meeting. How would u feel, if u are the Boss? My second reason of creating this thread is so that other pastors would learn and know the importance of time management.
Leaving the church with a polite explanation that you do not like the prolonged stay is better than grudgingly staying till the church dismisses. Is this the right place to talk to your pastor? Talking to your pastor in your physical church and coming to Nairaland to narrate how you politely addressed the problem in your church will be a better way to positively influence other pastors.

I thought you would go further to prove that my calling you a hypocrite is not justified by your statement in your post. I thought you would deny being the one dying in silence. But you have left that part. grin
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by spice123(m): 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
It honestly baffles me too that he doesn't read posts before commenting. Totally childish.
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by Truvelisback(m): 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
immortalcrown:

Leaving the church with a polite explanation that you do not like the prolonged stay is better than grudgingly staying till the church dismisses. Is this the right place to talk to your pastor? Talking to your pastor in your physical church and coming to Nairaland to narrate how you politely addressed the problem in your church will be a better way to positively influence other pastors.

I thought you would go further to prove that my calling you a hypocrite is not justified by your statement in your post. I thought you would deny being the one dying in silence. But you have left that part. grin
If it's ur job, and ur Boss does the same, would u leave ur job? It seems u don't know what the word ''hypocrisy" means. U are just saying it losely.
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by immortalcrown(m): 9:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
If it's job, and ur Boss does the same, would u leave ur job? It seems u don't know what the word ''hypocrisy" means. U are just saying it losely.
I resigned from my first-ever job because of it. The school belongs or belonged to a ministry (now a church). I was a member then. Before my resignation, I refused to do the eye-service things. One senior colleague perceived it to be arrogance. We had a meeting and I reaffirmed my position before all the staff members including the founder (Daddy G O). They were speechless as they could not factually prove me wrong. I later resigned because they continued the eye service and I know I will never join them.
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by Truvelisback(m): 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
immortalcrown:

I resigned from my first-ever job because of it. The school belongs or belonged to a ministry (now a church). I was a member then. Before my resignation, I refused to do the eye-service things. One senior colleague perceived it to be arrogance. We had a meeting and I reaffirmed my position before all the staff members including the founder (Daddy G O). They were speechless as they could not factually prove me wrong. I later resigned because they continued the eye service and I know I will never join them.
U can continue.....I guess it's not a very good paying job otherwise, u won't be this arrogant.

1 Like

Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by immortalcrown(m): 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
U can continue.....I guess it's not a very good paying job otherwise, u won't be this arrogant.
You think everyone prioritizes money. You think money is everyone's best source of happiness. That is why you sound this way. If you truly desire to please God rather than to please men, you will not hesitate to reject some things that give huge financial benefits.
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by Truvelisback(m): 9:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
immortalcrown:

You think everyone prioritizes money. You think money is everyone's best source of happiness. That is why you sound this way. If you truly desire to please God rather than to please men, you will not hesitate to reject some things that give huge financial benefits.
Pleasing God by losing a very good job that brings food to ur table as a result of pride, arrogance and impatient. Even God Himself would be laughing at u for being foolish. For ur information, my doesn't close late always. In my post, i mentioned, "ALWAYS CLOSING LATE".
Re: Church/pastors Closing Late almost all the time, How Do U Feel? by immortalcrown(m): 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
Pleasing God by losing a very good job that brings food to ur table as a result of pride, arrogance and impatient. Even God Himself would be laughing at u for being foolish. For ur information, my doesn't close late always. In my post, i mentioned, "ALWAYS CLOSING LATE".
A job that requires you to be a pretender is not a good one. You keep jumping from one point to another. I told you that even the founder could not factually find me faulty. What is the pride or arrogance in what I did? Point out the arrogance. The same you first said will I leave my job. The same you said I left my job because the job was not paying me much money. The same you are now saying other things. Keep beating around the bush.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Tweeter Congratulatory Message To Pastor Adeboye / Why Are Youths Of Today No Longer Go To Church On Sunday / The Bigger The Destiny The Bigger The Challenge - Gtuism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.