Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze (11748 Views)

Atiku/Obi/Kwankwaso: Utomi Is A Serial Promoter Of failing Merger Parties - APC / Promote Corporal Dr. Nnaji Ebenezer Chibueze - MURIC Tells IGP / Udebuan Sage Chibueze: Items Recovered From Arrested IPOB Commander (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by BJanta: 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
aminulive:

https://politicsnigeria.com/utomi-is-a-failed-technocrat-by-sam-chibueze/

Utomi has always been an hollow technocrat, no depth in beyond the PHD he has been carrying about since. And it's so horrible when you listen to him debate an issue. Has anybody ever listened to him speak on his Patito Gang programme ? I always wonder, did this guy earn this certificate really. And he's always angling himself for political appointments.

2 Likes

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by aycorporat(m): 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
But this man runs a successful Business School with top notch standards
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by LZAA: 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
If this b*ast*ard had any brains he would know that this contraption is on a cliffhanger but due to his measly 30k allowance he is spewing trash
Smh
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by Handsum64: 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
Gbam
Hitting the nail on the head about Pat Utomi, exactly all my thoughts about him.
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by uuzba(m): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
aminulive:

Utomi and his ilk should be aware that Nigerians are enlightened and will not be fooled by political hustlers or sponsored propagandists. He and his cohorts should return to the drawing board and devise a new sailable strategy. Nigeria does not require failed technocrats and displaced politicians like Utomi to lead the country in 2023 and beyond. Leaders with impeccable integrity, pragmatic, progressive, unifier, patriotic and the best economi/

Drawing board? Who the hell uses drawing board?
What kind of olden days English is that?
We've been using computers to do serious designing and drafting since the last 22 years now in Nigeria, if not even longer.
People just speaking nonsense, disconnected English.
If I ever hear "drawing board" from anybody, they will receive one hot slap.
When you're trying to lecture others, MAKE SURE YOU ALSO MAKE SENSE in your reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
obi58:
Who is Sam Chibueze? What are his achievements either in the business, academic or political world to be able to rub shoulders with Professor Pat Utomi??

He is simply some paid political psycophant seeking to trend.

Why is it paining you?
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by thanksjosh005: 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
Technocrat? Saw nothin here
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by GistFullGround: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2022

You finished him!

"If you live in a glasshouse don't throw stones "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wROStmrOJ_M

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by ayenale1(m): 2:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
Thank God he no enter Aso rock
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
I thank this man for showing me another view about Pat Utomi which I did not consider before equating him with Charles Soludo. Really, I need to look back esp that Peugoet failure and re-access him very well.

1 Like

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by ceej(m): 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
SAM CHIBUEZE is wrong to have said Prof.Pat utomi mis-managed VW Nigeria..Everyone knows it was the then incompetent policies of the military govt led by IBB.The crash of the naira and the drastic drop in oil price in 1986 and endemic corruption, messed up the economy.Nigeria never recovered from that shock until today.As for the moridbund Platinum bank/PHB,i really cant say because i do not details

2 Likes

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by derecho(m): 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
Says who?
I'm not a fan of Pat but he is clearly better than many state governors and Buhari inclusive.
I stopped reading the writeup when I got to where the writer said Pat ignored the achievements of this government.
abobote:
That Utomi can't govern a state let lone being president of a country. Politics is not all about too much English and theory

1 Like

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by jaxxy(m): 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2022
Lol interesting. Utomi actually has been in the in and around the System for so long with nothing credible to show for it speaks volumes.

People who talk so much with less actions. That was how his brother Ruben Abati got into power and became a total stranger and scammed Nigerians.

If we should go beyond “talk” I don’t think we should take pat utomi too seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by EastisBae: 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
obi58:
Who is Sam Chibueze? What are his achievements either in the business, academic or political world to be able to rub shoulders with Professor Pat Utomi??

He is simply some paid political psycophant seeking to trend.

The bastard is either a nonentiy APC BMC or just an impostor. If he isn't a nobody, at least his name would have rang a bell or his picture displayed. Yet he thinks he is worthy enough to untie Pat Utomi's shoe talk more of calling him a failure.

Someone who controls Nigeria's most prestigious business school for many years now can never be called a failure!

APC is an evil party that likes using online urchins like this bastard to throw mud on their percieved adversaries.

1 Like

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by EastisBae: 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
I thank this man for showing me another view about Pat Utomi which I did not consider before equating him with Charles Soludo. Really, I need to look back esp that Peugoet failure and re-access him very well.

Lol, Pat Utomi never had any business with Peugoet rather it was Volkswagen, two different companies!

That said, you should be able to detect a blackmail when you see one. Nigeria had so many vehicle assembly plants in the 1970's and 1980's to early 90's before the military ruined the economy and they all collapsed. It has nothing to do with Pat Utomi. If you like bring the best technocrat to manage a sensitive industry in Nigeria, but it won't stop it from collapsing if the economy is not right for it. Peugoet, Steyr, Volkswagen, Mercedes etc. were all operating in Nigeria before they all collapsed about the same period, were they all being managed by Pat Utomi?

If he isn't good, why has he continued to manage LBS so successfully since inception?

3 Likes

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by edoman2016: 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
EastisBae:

Lol, Pat Utomi never had any business with Peugoet rather it was Volkswagen, two different companies!

That said, you should be able to detect a blackmail when you see one. Nigeria had so many vehicle assembly plants in the 1970's and 1980's to early 90's before the military ruined the economy and they all collapsed. It has nothing to do with Pat Utomi. If you like bring the best technocrat to manage a sensitive industry in Nigeria, but it won't stop it from collapsing if the economy is not right for it. Peugoet, Steyr, Volkswagen, Mercedes etc. were all operating in Nigeria before they all collapsed about the same period, were they all being managed by Pat Utomi?

If he isn't good, why has he continued to manage LBS so successfully since inception?
Running a business school is one thing. Being a successful businessman is another thing. Many people can talk the talk but can they walk the talk?

2 Likes

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by openmine(m): 3:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
Utomi’s statement is not surprising, as he is well-known for his criticism of successive administrations merely for financial and political reasons. Over time, he and his likes deliberately turn [s]blind eyes to the numerous achievements recorded by so far.[/s] His recent frustration and maligning the administration stems from his being denied an appointment despite his presumed contributions to President Buhari’s victory in 2015. Utomi ought to have known better that President Buhari is a man of integrity and does not associate with political jobbers, bad failures and despicable personalities. It is an open secret that Utomi has a jinxed and holds a world record for failure. Anything he touches dies. This is evidenced by his mismanagement of the promising Volkswagen Nigeria in the 1980s and the company's total collapse. It is also on record that Platinum-Habib Bank was bankrupt under the incapable leadership of Utomi, a supposed expert in Political Economy and Management. Expert in Failure, indeed!
Holy fire!
This is worse than TKO!

1 Like

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by jiz: 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
A failed technocrat cannot run a successful and top notch business school.

Only in Nigeria we will see a lawyer heading ministry of power.

You can only take the horse to the river, you cannot for it to drink water. Nigeria will make tremendous progress when we see a listnening president that will value the men like utomi
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by masseratti: 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Sincerely, that Volks and BankPHb failures keep making me doubt the credentials of Dr Utomi( I honestly struggle to see any difference between his Prof and that of Hon. Pantami).

Posterity is eventually catching up with him. He seems to be more talk because his performance in those two offices does not match the expert status he wants to lay claim to. It is like allowing that man who killed Cadbury or that man who killed UBA that made a tiny bank owned by Mr Tony Elumelu to acquire UBA to now start going around calling themselves experts.
utomi was not the MD nor Chairman of BankPhb when it had issues, he seized to be the chairman before merger of platinum bank with Habib bank... The writer should get his fact right.

2 Likes

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by josite: 3:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
i have long taken interest in pat utomi and i think he may not know that sometimes when he speaks he offends and has offended people across the board from the very low to the very high. Whenever im chanced to meet him ,i will remind him of some things he said which are foolishly said on TV.

That said he has some merit but i will rather he is retained as a source of alternative ideas.his defence of atuche ,ex bank phb convicted md shows utomi might after all not be better than those he criticised.

it baffles how he is side-lined by many regimes.
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by Moskylatata(m): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Sincerely, that Volks and BankPHb failures keep making me doubt the credentials of Dr Utomi( I honestly struggle to see any difference between his Prof and that of Hon. Pantami).

Posterity is eventually catching up with him. He seems to be more talk because his performance in those two offices does not match the expert status he wants to lay claim to. It is like allowing that man who killed Cadbury or that man who killed UBA that made a tiny bank owned by Mr Tony Elumelu to acquire UBA to now start going around calling themselves experts.
Oga who told you that Zenith bank acquired UBA
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by FreeStuffsNG: 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
masseratti:
utomi was not the MD nor Chairman of BankPhb when it had issues, he seized to be the chairman before merger of platinum bank with Habib bank... The writer should get his fact right.
How convenient,he was not also M.D of Volks,abi? See, that is posterity staring him in the face so. He was the Chairman of the board charged to oversee the management of the bank and you are exonerating him.
He got off the hook because EFCC used him as a prosecution witness eventually to nail the convicted MD, Francis Atuche.
The lesson for others now is to be very careful when leading companies. Do not kill companies and then turn around and give excuses. He could have resigned when Francis was stealing but investigation discovered that he also was compromised at some point in time.

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by Ltherman(m): 3:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
EastisBae:

To further add to this, he also founded Pan- African University which is doing very well.
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by Danito40(m): 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
Sam chibueze! I vehemently opin your uneducative statement on a well respected prof whose contributions and useful recommendations to national policies and economic growth can not be overemphasized. It is obvious that you are talking from accumulated jealousy on his prolific résumé which you can't peep to come near even in your afterlife.
Youths like you are a perfect example of the biblical Esau who sold his Birthright's for a bowl of red potage. What a shame Mr sam
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 21, 2022
EastisBae:

That said, you should be able to detect a blackmail when you see one. Nigeria had so many vehicle assembly plants in the 1970's and 1980's to early 90's before the military ruined the economy and they all collapsed. It has nothing to do with Pat Utomi. If you like bring the best technocrat to manage a sensitive industry in Nigeria, but it won't atop it from collapsing if the economy is not right for it. Peugoet, Steyr, Volkswagen, Mercedes etc. were all operating in Nigeria before they all collapsed about the same period, were they all being managed by Pat Utomi?

I like your post. Yeah, it was "Volks". Well, LBS is different. That's a school you push people to come get the certs. He can easily make rich people attend it. But at the same time, it is an achievement.

Anyway, we ar talking about managing something well. At least, no one can ever say rubbish about Charles Soludo.

Anyway, thanks for this.
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by ransomed: 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2022
Sam is a unity beggar and APC miscreant. A political jobber and efulefu of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by masseratti: 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

How convenient,he was not also M.D of Volks,abi? See, that is posterity staring him in the face so. He was the Chairman of the board charged to oversee the management of the bank and you are exonerating him.
He got off the hook because EFCC used him as a prosecution witness eventually to nail the convicted MD, Francis Atuche.
The lesson for others now is to be very careful when leading companies. Do not kill companies and then turn around and give excuses. He could have resigned when Francis was stealing but investigation discovered that he also was compromised at some point in time.
am not holding briefs for utomi.. Not at all.. Just saying he was not the chairman of bank PHB... But Chairman or Platinum bank.. Anyway that's their own cup of tea.. Av got my own cross to carry.

1 Like

Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by busomma: 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
Can u pls name the state or federal political positions either appointed or ran for by Dr, Pat Utomi? Looks like u're doing hatched job paid for another politician scared of Utomi's credentials.
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by Pastorsmile: 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
The days of Patio and the gang,come to mind
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by lereinter(m): 5:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
The writer of the article said buhari is a man of integrity

Lolzzzzz
Re: Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze by Taiggarr: 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
Baawaa:
This article is from APC supporter, he really trashed pat utomi.The writer is pat utomi brother because he knows him in and out

Last time I checked,Pat Utomi was a card carrying member.of APC..

You don't know your politics.........

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Can’t Have Intervention Programmes For Poor People Without NIN – Tinubu / FG Begins Release Of N100bn For Constituency Projects / Osinbajo Meets Onitsha Harbour Manufacturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.