Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,548 members, 7,861,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:24 PM

Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? (784 Views)

Why Do SW/SS Region Receive The Highest Revenue Allocation From FG / Why Do SW/SS Region Receive Highest Revenue Allocation In Nigeria / OKOROCHA: Rivers,akwa Ibom States Are Very Strategic To APC.- VANGUARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 26, 2011
D composition of each region is defined by it's geographical settping. Going by national map,i thnk d 2 states abv are geographically part of d SE region.What do u thnk?
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by jason123: 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2011
You are very right!!! It should be part of the SE!!! cheesy wink
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by Calculia: 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2011
STOP DIS DELUSION SS DON'T EXIST YOUR ALL SE, PERIOD.
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by ektbear: 9:07pm On Jun 26, 2011
lol
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by bashr4: 9:11pm On Jun 26, 2011
We should have only 4 regions north,middle belt,southwest and sout east
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by HighChief4(m): 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2011
Calculia:

STOP DIS DELUSION SS DON'T EXIST YOUR ALL SE, PERIOD.

How could you say that
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by Obiagu1(m): 2:12am On Jun 27, 2011
Unfortunately, we have to live with it.
It's funny though that C/River is more SE that any SE states.
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by EzeUche1(m): 2:21am On Jun 27, 2011
I always dislike the term "South-South."

But a foolish Igbo man created it for the minorities.
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by dempeople(m): 2:41am On Jun 27, 2011
@ OP

No. They shouldn't.

Geographically, there isn't anything like the South South rather, its South East. "South South" is just a false Nigerian connotation just like we have a false type of federal government, a false structure infact, a false everything.

EzeUche!:

You meant Ekwueme?
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by ZnO: 2:51am On Jun 27, 2011
WTF!!!!!!!!

What 50 % of Cross River is Igbo? (more like 10%)
What 80 % of Rivers is Igbo? (more like 30%)

I dey laugh oh!!!!
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by ZnO: 2:52am On Jun 27, 2011
My Igbo brothers still don't get it that based on our history, you do not want to be in country with more than one language.
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by EzeUche1(m): 2:56am On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

My Igbo brothers still don't get it that based on our history, you do not want to be in country with more than one language.

I just don't want to be in a country with the Ijaw. They are too warlike.
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by ak47mann(m): 2:58am On Jun 27, 2011
:d :d
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by ZnO: 3:00am On Jun 27, 2011
EzeUche!:

I just don't want to be in a country with the Ijaw. They are too warlike.

Neither should you be, for other minorities in the East, most of whom worked against you in the time of need
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by EzeUche1(m): 5:52am On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

Neither should you be, for other minorities in the East, most of whom worked against you in the time of need

It was not most. Only a few. Was it not Asari Dokubo who is an Ijaw who said his family supported Biafra?

Was it not the Ibibios who bore the brunt of Nigerian attacks even worse than many Igbo groups?

Do you want to know why Ibibios say that every ugly Ibibio must be the product of Nigerian vandals who despoiled their women?

We Igbos already know our allies.
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by ak47mann(m): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2011
in a every family their must be a traitor/ prodigal son cool cool
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by Calculia: 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

lollz! U still don't understand even in the 21st Century my brother and  honestly I don't think u will ever understand. The Biafra War was not a Igbo in need War, but a war we fought for Progress, Self Determination and Success of ourselves and future generations yet unborn (posterity)

U did not work against the Igbos but u foolishly worked against yourself and today many of your youths, women and elders wallow away in abject poverty without hope and die.

When your sons that sold their birth right for a piece of meal complain about not benefiting from the oil in their land, dey are hanged like chicken,(i.e Ken Saro Wiwa) your children and youth shot by the Nigerian army like criminals.  Oil executives both foreign and national Robb your young women and girls of their virtue.

No, u did not let us down in our time of need but u let urself down in your time of need.
  undecided lmao
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by macjive01: 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2011
EzeUche!:

Its a shame u dont understand the ingenuity of Ekwueme. no doubt the creation of SS has some bad. it breaks up the bond. however, with many minorities and a larger main tribe slugging it out always on  political positions, development infrastructures etc, it was always bringing bad belle between us.

Back then, even in Rivers, other minorities became hesitant to sell land or do business with igbos; ijaws always raging over anything , position etc against the igbos.
This rage against the Federal Government over oil allocations and revenue were back then heaped on Igbos. they erroneously accused the igbos for  the lack of development in their land, thinking the majority igbo led leadership was shortchanging them.

Now, since Ekwueme created out SS, Igbos are held at high esteem in these places. A bayelsa ijaw man yearns to date and marry Igbo girls.
They even strive to have igbos live within them.
They engage in true friendship partnership with Igbos. Igbo traders are welcomed even better than the Federal Government.

asari dokubu even said they re best attached with the Igbos.

All these only happened becos we dont fight over same thing , same position, same allocation,  location of same projects .

Also, look igbos and her close relatives- (ibibos, efik anyans and rivers minorities n ijaws) now have two regions. SE N SS. owing to the way things are doled out in this country we will forever be getting twos.

could u imagine the whole south west including lagos is classified as one zone.

SW  + lagos (43% igbos, +6 % SS)                  -                   SE/SS
international airport           one                                                                    -          two abi three

Federal university-             four                                                                    -                nine

etc

infact, as long as the government keep sharing things based on geopolitical zone- which i believe will be for ever , THE SE/SS wud always enjoy two rations.
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by ChinenyeN(m): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2011
Cross River and Akwa Ibom are SE.
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by EzeUche1(m): 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Cross River and Akwa Ibom are SE.

Gbam!
Re: Shuld C/r N Akwa Ibom States B In D Ss Region? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2011
We have only 1 region,D EASTERN REGION.4get abt Naija politics

(1) (Reply)

Wonders Shall Never End-obasanjo Wants More Radio Stations To Drive Development / 2007 Presidential Poll: Yar’adua Bought Judgment For $57m -wikileaks / Yuguda Apologises Again! "boko Haram Protesting Social Injustice"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.